“Service was amazing”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Service was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Joe Tavares was very helpful checking us in and even offered to walk us to our room since he was ending his shift. Joe made sure everything was to our liking and gave us some great ideas for dinner around the hotel.

The hotel was amazing with great views and ameneties, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
campton, nh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the Revere for my husband's birthday. I booked the room on a travel website for a great rate and never contacted the hotel directly before our arrival. As others have said, they offered us champagne while we checked in which was a nice treat. I thanked the woman who checked us in and mentioned that it was my husband's birthday so very timely for a celebratory toast. Soon after, we went out for the evening and when we returned, they'd left a birthday card, 1/2 bottle of champagne and a little cake. All of this from one offhand comment to the front desk! Such a nice touch.

The hotel has a kind of 60's futuristic look (think Jetson's). Our room had cool lighting, an interesting egg-shaped table, lots of room and a balcony with a great view of the city. They offer all of the little extras--bathrobes and slippers, a pillow menu, bottles of water and nice toiletries. The service was what impressed us the most though. All of the staff was very friendly and welcoming. We'll be sure to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tamia
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends in december 2012. We all loved it. (It was completely refurbished earlier in 2012, so do ignore old reviews). Lovely rooms - large, light, beautifully decorated and appointed and very comfortable.

The staff were all really helpful (special thanks to Sargent - the best concierge). The location was perfect for us too - just off Boston Common. If I ever return to Boston - this is where I'd stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked a hotel at the Revere for a night and was extremely pleased with the services and location. Nice location to explore the city of Boston. The staff at the hotel were great with their services. Mike, the concierge, was very friendly and helpful with my visit at the Revere. Highly recommend booking at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was radiosonde before and just remodeled . Have to say they did a great job. The hotel lobby is very unique and chic. Rooms are clean and spacious. One thing impressed me a lot is their service,. They though everything for you and you can find everything you may need in your room, even a slipper or shoe brush. They seem have a nice bar though I didn't get a chance to try, but everyone time I walked by it was packed .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for the one night - booked an excellent deal through hotels.com. Wanted a central hotel so I could easily walk around the city over the two days (Boston is a small city anyway, but thought it best to stay close to the common as a central point)

Staff were very helpful and allowed me to check in before midday rather than just leave my case at the desk. Room was clean, nicely decorated and I had a view over part of the city.

After a busy day of walking it was fantastic to discover a Legal Seafoods straight across the road for a nice relaxing dinner.

I left my case at the desk the following morning after check out and the staff refused the tip after also calling a taxi for me, instead saying I should tip the door men which I think was a nice gesture.

Unfortunately didn't get the opportunity to try out the pool, but did use the office room of computers which was useful for checking emails quickly even though the wifi was free in the room and very good.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank devongalkate
New City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were warmly greeted at check-in and were offered a glass of champagne. Nice start for our arrival. Staff was personable. Lovely soaps/shampoos in the room as well as luxiurous towels and robes were offered. Nice view from the 16th floor.

Couple of nits which other guests mentioned. The walls are paper thin. You can hear the flush next door and the sliding door to the balcony upstairs opening and closing. Our room was near the elevator which was noisy especially at 2am. I guess the only thing that was upsetting was that after a full day at sightseeing, we got back to our room at 3:45pm to find that our room still was not made-up. I called the front desk and they sent someone immediately which was good, but uncomfortable as I had to be in the room while she vacuumed and cleaned.

We stayed at this hotel as it was a great Living Social value. Modern, stylish hotel. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family