Revere Hotel Boston Common
$434
$309
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Room Service
Hilton Boston Logan Airport(Boston)(Great Value!)
$279
$247
$358
$229
  • Room Service
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$291
$260
$349
$297
$289
$269
  • Pool
Kimpton Onyx Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
$183
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$501
$307
Hotels.com
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
$354
$311
Agoda.com
4,382 results
All reviewsemerald loungepillow menurooftop barsmall balconythe theater districtbath productslegal seafoodindoor poolmodern hoteljunior suitelocation is greatupon checkparking garagefreedom trailbeacon hillnewbury streetskoah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Revere must be "the" latest and greatest Boston hotel (as of early 2012, anyway). Beautiful and quietly modern, with a very 21st-century appeal. Feels like a 5-star but is probably a 4. No matter, it's just a very nice hotel, offering enticing amenities such as a rooftop pool, spa, in-room robes that are truly soft, and the on-site nighclub, plus superb service and an excellent location. While we were there it felt more NYC than Boston - in a good way. (If you prefer the old-world charm of Boston's long-celebrated hotels with high-ceilinged lobbies and crystal chandeliers, the Revere is probably not for you.)

But my husband and I nearly passed this one over. First, we were shocked to find that our old stand-by, the Radisson, was no longer - it had been transformed into a very new and different hotel called the Revere. (We stayed at the Radisson because it was decent, affordable, had balconies w/great views, and was located just one street behind the luxe hotels that line Boston Common and the Public Gardens.)

Yet after perusing the Revere Hotel's website (and realizing it still had those great views and wonderful location), we wanted to stay there in the worst way. But the prices were comparable to the other ritzy hotels in the area and we didn't want to shell out hundreds just for the room. Plus, we didn't want to compromise on location, dining, and shopping.

But after searching for a cheaper hotel in the area, we came up empty, so I called the Revere and whaddya know: With our AAA discount we booked a spacious high-floor King with a specatcular view - all this and more for what we used to spend at the Radisson! Yay!

One more really nice touch: The staff knew we were celebrating an anniversary, so they sent up a bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries within minutes after we'd collapsed on the bed, sore and tired from walking Newbury St. Coincidence, amazing service, or just luck - again?

Room Tip: It seems that ALL rooms have great, unobstructed views, at least if your room is on a higher floor. Definitely ask for a higher floor to be sure.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SwanPond
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have just come back from a 7 night stay at the Revere. The best part of this hotel is its location. Absolutely brilliant for shows and shopping and access to the T. The hotel itself would be fine for a one or two night stay as the drawbacks probably wouldn't have been so evident. This is a modern hotel so the foyer is marble, marble, marble and the reception area is out of sight so no smiling face to welcome you to the hotel. (The receptionist was lovely and we were offered Champagne - actually Prosecco - but who's to know?!). The room was nice but the bathroom door almost hit the loo and it was awkward to have two in the bathroom at the same time - very squashed. I did like the fact that they didn't have those little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer etc., and these were provided by large bottles attached to the walls at the basin and the shower. Very Green. However, the flushing of the lavatories was something else! The NOISE! You wouldn't believe it unless you heard it! It was like an implosion every time you flushed. And not just your own .... we must have been able to hear the flushes of three rooms above, below and to either side of us. Horrible. The internet connection was like something out of the ark - so frustrating. Kept on dropping out sometimes every couple of minutes. Yes, we were on vacation but I keep up with my job whether on vacation or not! We found out that they do provide mini-fridges but for a price - really! We were there for 7 nights and we never had clean sheets. The Concierge hadn't heard of the place we were enquiring about on our first day and his computer crashed! Not surprising after we learned about the abysmal internet connection but not a good impression. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our location. I am sorry to hear about the internet. I did have our IT department look into the issue and it is running at 80 megabytes per second. In our efforts to be an environmentally friendly hotel, we have installed low water volume high pressure toilets to reduce impact on our environment.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The staff was very friendly, the lobby was beautiful and Champagne upon check in! Parking overnight was expensive, $34 but it was a snow storm and no cars on the streets so we really didn't have a choice. The rooms were wonderful. I love the bottles of shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, body wash and creams, they are all in big bottles (you can't take with you) and they ALL smell great. Nice robes, slippers, use of umbrella and you can even ORDER special pillows like side sleepers or back sleeper. MANY MANY extras. They even have a cement balcony and I was on the 21st flr, kind of scary but nice. The staff was the best, everyone was VERY HELPFUL. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This years trip to Boston was the best yet. I've never experienced such great service in Boston as we did at emerald lounge. We wish it was open last year because the service there was amazing. Specifically a bartender who's name I think was ALDO on Friday. not only did he attend to us in a timely manner he did it with such a polite and friendly manner. It was refreshing to see a young man act in such a manner. The grapefruit cosmos he made were amazing and everyone loved them. I was very pleased by the service provided and will definitely return next year

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I came up to Boston for a concert. We've done this before and it was a real challenge to find a reasonably priced hotel with a king size bed. This time we came up on a cold winter day. I mention the weather because we just didn't have the time or the inclination to traipse all over the city in the frigid temperature. We came up on the Fung Wah bus, walked to the hotel (not very far) checked in and then headed over to Newbury street for a little shopping. Last time we stayed at the Hilton Boston Back Bay, that one was fine but nothing special. The Revere on the other hand was a much better choice. The Revere has a much better location in my opinion. It was near the theater district so we saved on cab fare to and from the show. The area has a lot of great dinning choices. Then of course more importantly is the hotel itself. Check in was easy and came with a glass of champagne. The room was large and nicely decorated. Loads of places to store your stuff (even if we did just travel with a small backpack each). The bath products are wonderful. (they ran out of ones to buy downstairs). My hair looked great after using the shampoo and condition and the face wash was a real treat. The bed, linens and pillows are all superior. Check out is at noon which gave us some time in the morning to work out in the gym and have a quick dip in the pool (we packed a lot in those 2 little bags). I have to mention that we got a great rate on Jetsetter, but I would certainly considering staying here again even if the room was full price. On the minus side 2 of the 4 elevators were down at night and there was a crowd waiting to go up when we got back from our show. The swimming pool is not deep enough at the shallow end to allow for swimming laps, so it's more a play pool. Probably better in the summer with the roof deck open as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple