“Great Location for Boston Stay”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Location for Boston Stay”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the Revere Thanksgiving weekend. I used the Valet Service and the young gentlemen was very friendly and helpful about checking in. The lobby smelled beautiful [like their bath products] but there was very limited seating and lack of "friendliness". When checking in we were never offered Champagne as other guests were being served glasses. I was disappointed that the girl who checked us in never gave us any as that was part of the perk of staying at this hotel. I stayed in a Superior 2 Queen Bed room on the 20th floor. I never did have a problem with the elevators being slow during my stay. I thought the room was big and enjoyed going out on the balcony where my room had a great view of the Charles River in the distance.
The beds are sleep number and I don't think they worked or if they did, the hotel should've had better instructions on how to use the remote with the beds [the pamphlet wasn't informative very well-short few sentences]. From all the walking I did during my stay I slept half way decent on a semi-hard bed and there are different pillow options on the bed. The Revere Blanket on the bed was very comfy and I wanted to take it home!
The bathroom I had in my room was a tub and I didn't mind it other than I am only 5ft and it had a higher step than I am use to in order to step in. The bathroom had skoah bath amenities and housekeeping was amazing during my stay. I mentioned to them I had both mint products in all the bottles for the shower and I wanted to try the other scent option for using in the shower. The maid was extremely helpful in emptying the 3 bottles [in her refill bottles] for me so I could try the other shampoo, conditioner, and body wash and she didn't have a problem with my request-she was nice about it.
Location of the hotel was walking distance to centre of city as well as Newbury St/Copley Place. The T was close walking distance as well so getting around Boston was never a problem.
The wireless at the hotel is extremely slow. I tried connecting on my iPad and iPhone but either it had trouble connecting or the wifi was low-slow as dial-up. I ended up getting really frustrated and used my iPhone data instead since I still am unlimited under Verizon and it was so much faster than the hotel wifi.
Overall I had a great stay and I gave this hotel 4 stars. If the wifi wasn't slow as dial-up and we were offered champagne at check-in, I would give this hotel 5 stars. I come to Boston annually for Thanksgiving and even though I got a deal from jet setter I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We used a Living Social coupon for our one-night stay. The was a pre-Christmas one night get away on Dec 23.

We were directed to the self-parking garage by the door man. It was less than 100 yards from the door and $34./ for the stay. There were four people ahead of us in the checkin line but it went very quickly. I wish I had been told at checkin that the Living Social deal did NOT include tax; it probably was in the fine print somewhere. And so, I was surprised to see it on the bill the next morning. Our room was 2104. The room was clean, no bigger or smaller than most other hotel rooms. The TV was not digital although it was a big flat screen. There was plenty of closet, bureau and desk space. One bed was firm and very comfortable; the other was soft and squishy. It felt like somebody let the air out of an air mattress.

The bath tub was deep. The bath products (shampoo etc.) were attached to the wall and were better than most. The toilet flushes very LOUD. It was a good thing we used it before retiring for the night so as to know to keep the door closed when it is flushed otherwise you would most certainly wake up the other person sleeping in the room. There were plenty of pillows and if you did not like the ones provided you could choose others from the pillow menu left there. This hotel is convenient to shopping in the Pru Center and along Boyleston and Newberry Streets. It was very convenient to our dinner at Market in the W Hotel down the block and the Boston Opera House for the Nutcracker.

We did NOT encounter any unpleasant odors. We did notice the welcoming dog bowl at the hotel door. The hotel was not full and so we thought the elevators were just fine.

I did leave a pair of pants behind and it was confirmed by phone that they would be held in the lost & found until we can have my nephew collect them when he goes back to work after the holidays. Let's hope they are there or I will be rewriting this review.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mjm814
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very clean and modern hotel. The location was good and there's loads of restaurants nearby. The room was great I couldn't fault it and it was significantly cheaper than city centre hotels of supposedly the same standard.
Only negative was the front desk was undermanned each time I was there and find the pink champagne welcome drink a bit tacky especially after waiting in line for ten minutes to check in.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay but there could be a few improvemnets. Our tv was broken but they sent up a friendly engeineer who fixed it in an hour. Also, not a fan of the left over radisson sleep number beds. Rooms are cute and i like the modern vintage design but it looks like some of the renevatuons were done haphazardly (spaces between wall and light fixtures etc) Also, I preferred a glass of wine at delightful rustic kitchen to overpriced and poor service of emerald lounge. Staff were great but more than 2 people at the desk and they become overwhelmed quickly.

Pros:
-fabulous concierge
-friendly staff
-view from balcony (amazing!)
-champagne at check in
-nice bath products
-dog friendly (like there are welcome signs for the dogs. Love it!)
-location

Cons:
-shower curtain
-shower pressure could be better
-pool is old and overly chlorinated
-water was not restocked
-heating system is loud the thermostat a bit temperamental

Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 20, 2012

From pink champagne at check in to your bill being slipped under your door for ease of check out (just leave the key in the room) it was fantastic. The room was very large and had a balcony over looking the city. The bathroom had a great tub and fantastic toiletries. It was less than a 5 minute walk to the T so everything was really easily accessible. The pool was a big plus too. I will go back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friend and I arrived around 1pm and there was no problem with an early check-in. Even though I had booked through Hotwire, the clerk was very welcoming. They even gave us a late checkout of 3pm.

My travel partner was traveling with an elderly service dog (Brock). This was no problem for the hotel as they are pet friendly. Later to our suprise a dog bed, and dog food bowl were sent up to our room. Outside the lobby was a large silver dog bowl that said "Welcome Brock" These were such a classy touches!

The room was large, clean with a balcony that had a city view. There was an IPOD-dock and flat screen tv. The beds very comfortable, The tolietries in the bathroom were awesome!! the only minor complaint is that the toilets are loud when flushed, could actually hear the tolietls above and below.

There is a large indoor pool that has a city view,

The location was great as there are several resturants within a block of the hotel. If your a dessert fan, check out Finale.

I hope to stay at the Revere Again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rskblueyes
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed with a Living Social deal after my company holiday party and was very impressed.

Our room on the 21st floor was beautifully appointment and much more stylish than the average hotel. There were lots of extras like a free shoe shine, a "pillow menu" of special pillows and multiple different kinds of lotion and bath products. The later was a huge plus as it's near impossible to wash ones hair with the sample products most hotels give.

The hotel is a short walk to the Orange Line and walking distance to Newbury Street and Boston Commons. It's hard to imagine why anyone would stay in a stodgy, overpriced hotel when places like Revere exists! The bedroom and bathroom were very large, especially for a dowtown hotel.

There were only a few negative points (only 3 working elevators so it can take a while to get to get between floors. Our bath was broken when we first arrived and it took a couple of visits from maitenence to repair it) and they didn't spoil our wonderful stay.

Next time I'm planning a staycation, I will think first of Revere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple