“Great place to stay just tone down the lobby smell”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Revere is in a great safe area, close to a couple of T stops and centrally located to easily get around Boston. All staff including housekeeping, bellhops, the front desk were all friendly and courteous. The room had a great view was extremely clean, comfortable bed and had a desk to work on. The only thing stopping me from giving this hotel 5 stars is the lobby smell. It is a rosy, pungent overbearing smell from the moment you walk in. Have you ever stood next to an old woman that smells like she bathed in awful perfume? It's like that. So while my stay at the Revere was 99% positive, I found myself holding my breath from the lobby to the elevators. Thankfully it's not that far of a walk.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony C
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our location, guestrooms, and especially our cast. The scent in our lobby that you mentioned is our signature scent, which is a combination of White Tea and Thyme. We have had many guests comment how much they enjoy the fragrance upon entering the lobby area and often inquire about how to have the scent for their home, so it is a personal preference. I will make sure to check the settings to see if any adjustments need to be made. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,296)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at the Revere Hotel from the 20th to 22nd of July 2012. It is a beautiful hotel!! We were four people and we all loved it. The staff was nice and accomodating, always very pleasant to speak with. One suggestion, the concierge may want to start updating his list of restos to send their guests too ... not everyone wants to go to amercian chain restos...

Hotel room was SUPER CLEAN and ultra modern. The balcony was a perfect size for all of us to be on and enjoy a predinner drink. Overall the service and hotel went beyond what we orginally expected. The beds are SUPER comfortable ... I don't remember the last time I slept so well. It was like heaven!! No complaints at all about the rooms!!

We did find that the bar, Emerald, was little too loud and the service was horrible (we are all in our late twenties/early thirties). We had to wait 25 minutes to order from the bar and did not even bother to order a second round because it was too packed and too slow. The hotel seems to be focusing just on the regular clients and not the guests of the hotel.

One minor issue, they were having problems with their elevators. Only 1-2 were working out of the four. We could spend up to 20 minutes waiting to go to our room or down to leave. The day we were checking out we had to wait 25 minutes to get an elevator because 2 were working and both were packed and we couldn't fit in with our luggage (+ us!!!).

Overall - GREAT Hotel. Will definitely stay there on my next trip to Boston.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Myself and my wife checked in after a week cruising up the east coast with Royal Caribbean. This was at the end of a holiday to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. The Revere found out about her birthday and delivered, to the room, a bottle of champagne, strawberries dipped in chocolate and some flowers. My wife was over the moon. No charge for this - what a great touch. From check in to check out all of the staff were well mannered and friendly. The room was great, spacious and clean. The location of the hotel could not have been better for shops, parks, theaters, restaurants and trolley bus stops. Just the perfect hotel that I would definitely stop at again and recommend.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view of the city and quieter.
4  Thank Terry H
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently had a birthday and we decide to stay in the Revere Hotel because we had been to Emerald Lounge and loved the decor and the fresh cocktails so we thought the rooms would be as great. My girlfriends and I were so impressed with the insulated pool, the modern room, and mostly how spacious the room. I had a great experience overall. I have become a regular at Emerald Lounge thanks to a great cocktail waitress called Nora.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Revere hotel is a central located hotel with Funky, sexy and modern touch.

Hotel is situated right in the heart of downtown, very close to back bay, Chinatown, midtown, Tufts unversity and bay village. There is garage that charges about $34 for self parking and $42 for valet parking. Wi-fi is free, fast and reliable. The lobby is clean, modern and smells nice. However, lobby is a bit small, doesn't offer much space for gothering or other activities. The elevator is fast and smooth. The hallway is clean and modern. However, the best part really is the guest room. Mine room was the top floor offering private balcony overlook the city and glimpse of the bay. Room is not hugh but more than enough. The deco is funky and sexy with some bright color splash such apple green and lemon yellow. The entrace to the room feels roomy. The bathroom is all marble. and with two different type of soap, shampoo and conditioner. however, I wish the water pressure is stronger. The bed is comfortable and the hotel offer four different type of pillows with the different level of firmness for sure will suit your needs. The room is quiet and clean. I never watched the TV. The gym has swimmng pool and mostly cardio treadmil, some dumb bells. I feel it's just minimal. And because the gym is right next to the pool, the gym feels hot and humid. The customer service is a hit and miss. I have order some every products and the front desk says twice that they are going to delivered to my room, never did. However, the check in, check out and the room service is good. They don't have free breakfast, but they have a dinner menu sponsored by a reasonable priced outside restaurant can take your late night order.

In general, it's a very pleasant stay. I would come back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CoolDaniel
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at the Revere for 2 nights in October 2012. First time there, although we have visited Boston many times over the past 30 years.

I searched hard for the right combination of price, amenities and location and was VERY pleased with the Revere. Room was spacious, nice balcony, first rate amenities (flat screen TV, coffee, wireless internet, nice bathroom, robe, etc. etc.). Had additional seating (a settee) plus a useful desk. Very clean and modern. Bed VERY comfortable.

No complaints whatsoever. Parking is $34 per day which is not terrible for Boston downtown.

A few years ago, I might not have stayed in this part of town. It is simply amazing how much it is improved now. Nothing sketchy whatsover. Very close to Boston Common and quick access west to the Back Bay area or NE to the Quincy Market area.

Would happily stay here again. My compliments to the "innkeepers" as they have a lovely establishment with very friendly and helpful staff. Well done!

1  Thank RexT

Thank you for choosing the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your wonderful comments. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how our cast made your experience authentic. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The room was fun to stay in. I admired the decor and enjoyed using the houndstooth chaise instead of reclining on the bed. Bathroom was very nice and clean. My husband loved the minty shower gel and shampoo. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Only a couple of little things - no coffee one morning, the closet door needed to be oiled to open but the experience overcame
the small issues.

1  Thank Madeleine R

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are delighted to hear how much fun you had staying in our guestrooms and how much you enjoyed the Skoah products we offer. Also glad to learn how helpful and friendly our cast was. We look forward to seeing you again.