4,712 results
All reviewsemerald loungepillow menurooftop barsmall balconythe theater districtbath productslegal seafoodindoor poolmodern hoteljunior suitepublic gardensupon checkparking garagefreedom trailbeacon hilllocation was perfectnewbury street
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We just spent 3 nights (Sept 25-28) at this Hotel. We found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and quiet. It was within walking distance of many restaurants and trolley stops. The concierge was extremely helpful with maps and answering our questions for exploring Boston. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location and that our concierge was so helpful in providing you with the necessary information to make your trip authentic. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Revere during a recent trip to Boston - 3 nights, September 20-23. I had read some reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor before our stay so I knew the hotel had been recently refurbished. If you're reading other reviews, I would suggest ignoring any reviews older than July 2012 - those older reviews pretty much pertain to when the hotel was a Radisson and won't be relevant to the hotel in its present form.

Overall impression:

Good:
-hotel location
-room size and amenities
-friendliness of staff

Bad:
- inconsistent staff
-room noise (from elevators and HVAC)

In short, I'd stay here again, despite the negatives, if I got a good deal again (we got a great deal on the room for this stay). But for the noise issues in my room, I wouldn't have any complaints about our stay. Although my review say its a 4, it was really more of a 3.5. Without the noise issues, its probably more of a 4-4.5

My more detailed comments are below:

Location:

The hotel is very well situated. Its located near a bunch of other hotels (the Park Plaza, the W, the Four Seasons, among others are right nearby). Its also situated roughly in the centre of the City, 2 blocks from the Boston Common/Public Garden. Technically its in the Theatre District near Chinatown, but the Theatre District in Boston is tiny (1.5 blocks), so Boston Common is a better reference point. Boston's a pretty small city geographically, so being in the centre like that puts you reasonably close to all the sites. Its roughly the same distance to walk Newbury Street to Copley Square as it is to walk the other side to Quincy Market, as it is to walk to the edge of the river behind Beacon Hill. There's even a couple of "T" stops nearby. As well, the immediate area near the hotel is not super busy at night, so no rowdiness to keep you awake.

Rooms:

The rooms were reasonably large and spacious, especially for a hotel at that price point. I can speak to this because we were initially put in a Queen Room (2 Queen Beds) but had booked a King Room and were moved the next day. The room amenities are set out in the hotel website, so I won't get into too much detail, but I will confirm its what you will expect from a 4 star hotel. The beds are pretty comfortable, the electronic safe is large, the bathroom is a good size, as is the TV. Really, no complaints with the room, its amenities or layout.

Although I understand the hotel was recently refurbished, it seems they skimped on upgrading the balcony area. Its an old concrete style that betrays the age of the building and doesn't appear consistent with the look and feel of the hotel generally. That said, the view from our room was spectacular and it was nice to take in the fresh air from the balcony.

Also, the HVAC system in the room is quite loud. I read that in other reviews, but I was quite surprised when I dealt with it upfront. It makes a loud click sound when it turns on and off and at least once or twice it actually woke me up.

In addition, the King Room we were moved to was situated next to the elevator and I was able to hear the elevator coming and going when I tried to sleep. Even with the TV on, I could still hear it faintly, and when the room was otherwise silent, the elevator noise was surprising loud. I even left the fan on all night hoping to drown out the noise, but no luck. Coupled with the loud HVAC system, it resulted in my not sleeping well at all during the weekend, despite how nice the room was. As you can imagine, it was a bit of a damper on the trip.

Overall, while the rooms size and amenities are consistent with a 4 star hotel, the soundproofing for rooms near the elevator is not good enough and the HVAC system is far too loud and creaky for a hotel that purports to be 4 star.

Service:

Service at the hotel was friendly, if a little inconsistent. Check in was generally smooth, except we booked a King Room and none were available when we arrived, so we were put in a double Queen (2 Queen beds). Not a big deal, stuff happens. Also, I had an upgrade coupon so I asked to be upgraded. Interestingly, the front desk clerks talked us out of upgrading because they explained the room we would have been moved to was next to the elevator and according to them, it'd be impossible to sleep because of the noise from the elevators (interesting, in light of my comment above about the rooms, isn't it?). We were offered vouchers for free breakfast instead, which was actually a better deal in my opinion, so no complaints.

That said, the next day I went to confirm our request to be moved. We were told it was all set up and that our luggage would be moved to the new room while we were away. So, after an afternoon of sightseeing, I go get the key card for our new room and what do I discover? We were moved to a King Room next to the elevators and of course, our luggage was nowhere to be found. I actually had to call the front desk twice to get the luggage moved to our new room, as I had no idea where our stuff was. The luggage thing was not a big deal, but being moved to the room by the elevators was horrible. We were only there 3 nights and I didn't have any real desire to move rooms a third time so I just put up with it, but really it did dampen my experience. I guess I found it frustrating that the night staff at check in warned us about taking a room near the elevator, only for the day staff to move us to a room near the elevator the next day. If the noise issue is a known problem, then either fix it, or don't put guests there.

The Concierge made some nice dinner recommendations and booked the reservations for us, which was nice.

Other notes:

- Although the hotel was refurbished, its clear it was only on the inside - the outside still looks like a little cheap and old and doesn't at all giveaway how it looks on the inside

-the lobby layout is weird - the front desk is completely obscured by an art installation/sitting area that doesn't appear to serve any purpose except to make the lobby seem more cramped than it is. Also, the front desk is situated in such a way that you have to go out of your way to go there no matter where else in the hotel you are. Not a big deal I guess - just a strange design decision.

-I had read reviews commenting about a strange smell in the hallways. I didn't notice any weird smells. Smelled perfectly normal to me

-I had also read that reviews complaining about slow elevators - not an issue for us. Hotel was fairly busy but we never waited more than couple of minutes max for an elevator, and when they arrived they moved quickly.

-never went to the nightclub so I can't vouch for it

-the only meal we ate at the hotel was the breakfast. We had the buffet, which was very good, in my opinion. That said, buffet is about $17 per person - not out of line for a hotel, but if it wasn't free we probably wouldn't have gone there.

-we also didn't use the gym or the pool.

Room Tip: -Avoid rooms beside the elevator. The sound is noticeable, particularly when the room is otherwise quiet and unless you're a heavy sleeper, it will impact your sleep. -Also, ask for a higher floor - the views are much better.
7  Thank CAB71

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your extensive comments. Great to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location, guest rooms, friendliness of our cast, and the view from your room. You are correct, however, in that we did not do anything to update the balconies. In response to your noise remarks, our Loft suites are adjacent the elevators, and if you are a light sleeper, I do not recommend staying in this type of room since you may be able to hear the swooshing noise you mentioned. We are in the process of placing white noise machines in these rooms to address the issue, but it really is a personal preference since we have had many guests stay in the same rooms without any disruption. I do want to apologize that your luggage was not moved to your new room as promised. Our standard is to have the guests luggage moved to the new room once it is ready and set up the way it was in the previous room. I will be addressing this issue with our cast and leads. We hope to see you again in the future and that you will have the chance to check out Emerald Lounge for a craft cocktail. I personally recommend the Blueberry Vojito.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

stayed here for three nights and had a great time. location is perfect for boston common and back bay. trolley tour stops right outside the hotel. all staff encountered were very helpful and efficiant especially the concierge who appeared to be on duty all hours.
great hotel, great location, great staff. hope to return soon

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank leonard a
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your comments. We are delighted to hear how much you liked the location and especially our cast. Make sure to check out Emerald Lounge the next time you stay with us, and try one of their craft cocktails like a Blueberry Vojito, with mint and fresh blueberries; one of my many favorites.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Revere Boston Common while in Boston for a week-long vacation. The hotel, as I understand, was previously a Radisson, so the outside looks a bit older, but the interior has been completely redone and is lovely. Our king room was very clean and inviting. The bed was comfortable and linens were very nice...fluffy pillows and comforter and nice, thick towels! The bathroom had Skoah skin products which I loved. Richard and Sargent, the two concierges with whom we worked, were extremely helpful and accomodating. Location is great...within walking distance of most everything. We will definitely stay again!

3  Thank sullyIowa
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are happy to hear how you enjoyed our décor, bedding, and Skoah products. Richard and Sargent are both true assets to the hotel and I am glad they made your experience authentic. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Tripadvisor reviews helped my choice of the Revere Hotel Boston Common and what a great choice it turned out to be! A very efficient check in with my request for king size bed and a high floor both met. The room was large, spacious, clean and nicely appointed but best of all was the very convenient location within walking distance to Boston Common, Beacon Hill and Freedom Trail. For the price we were very satisfied with the amenities and location offered by the hotel and the charming reception and concierge staff.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. Nice to hear we were able to meet your expectations, above and beyond. We really do have an ideal location in the city, so I am glad you were able to take advantage of that and visit so many different places. For the future, if you book a Premier room, you are guaranteed to be on the 23rd or 24th floor, with an early check-in of 9 a.m. and late check-out of 4 p.m. We look forward to your return.