“Can't wait to come back”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I left the park plaza because it was so horrible and came to the Revere. I'll stay here every time from now on. Loved the room and everyone was very kind, not sure what the other reviewers are talking about! I had a huge wonderful king bed and the shower/bath products were amazing!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily C
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your room and our cast. Next time you stay with us, make sure to check out Emerald Lounge and try one of their many craft cocktails like the Ten Thyme Smash, which is one of my favorite drinks since it is very refreshing. We look forward to your return!

There are newer reviews for Revere Hotel Boston Common

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here recently for business for 3 nights in August. Really pleased with the hotel choice, as it has the style and uniqueness of a boutique, but the convinence of a bigger hotel. Location was also unbeatable, as I was attending a conference at a nearby hotel.

The only turnoff was the work out area and the pool, which do NOT match the feel of the hotel at all. Both facilities need updating, and felt ignored. The pool area was also crowded with families pretty much the whole time (which would be fine if I was traveling with my family, but as a solo traveler it was overwhelming).

But for the price paid and the location, it was a solid deal and I'd definitely go there again. The room was big, comfortable, and stylish.

Room Tip: Get a high floor with a view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nfriendly
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We do accommodate all types of guests from business travelers to families, and offer many features and amenities to satisfy everyone’s needs. You will be happy to hear that we will be building a new fitness center to be completed by the end of October. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Revere Hotel in Boston while visiting our son who is in graduate school there. Our room was a suite with a cool vibe. And the hotel was pet friendly, allowing us to bring our well behaved dog with us. We chose the location to be close to our son, but the Boston Common, Public Garden and Downtown Crossing are only moments away. We awoke early and strolled along the Charles River, looping back and catching breakfast on Newbury Street. The best thing about Boston is you can walk everywhere. Only drawback to the hotel was the gym. Beautifully situated next to the indoor pool, but lacking in equipment.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jon G

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and our central location in the city. You may be interested to learn that we already have plans to build a larger fitness center that will be finished by late October. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Checked in late and when asked if we wanted 2 Queen Beds; I asked if we could have a King instead. The young man immediately gave us an upgrade. Did I mention this was the first time we stayed here!?
The room was AMAZING- I am VERY particular with cleanliness ( I carry Lysol when I travel if that tells you something!)
The room was SPOTLESS- I went over it, even corners and the top of picture frames,etc. Beautifully decorated ( even if your style isn't contemporary)...AMAZING view with 2 balconies to enjoy the view (It would be nice to have a chair or 2 on the balconies!)
The bedding was beautiful- ubbelievably comfy bed. The robes were fabulous! I wanted to purchase one but felt $160 was a but steep.
The products in the bathroom- amazing! Instead of individual, wasteful little containers of shampoo, etc., they have 2 lines of products in pumps on the wall in the shower.
We ordered from the late night room service menu- which comes from a nearby diner. GREAT prices... Great food- huge servings- but something minor... They forgot to bring catsup and we had a huge order of dry onion rings. We called back and asked for catsup and they were quite nice- but didn't deliver it for another 20 -25 minutes. Needless to say, food was cold.
Our breakfast (Room Service) was delivered by the nicest man!
I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Boston including Marriott Copley Plaza, Marriott on the wharf, Park Plaza, Hilton, Sheraton... This beats them all-
I'll never stay in another hotel in Boston again!
This is it for me-

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. It is wonderful to hear how pleased you were with our guestrooms and how much you enjoyed the bedding, bathrobes, and views from the private balconies, as well as the Skoah products we offer. As part of being a green hotel, we chose to use large pumps to dispense the Skoah products in each guest bathroom so we do not waste containers just as you mentioned. Next time you stay with us, make sure to stop by Emerald Lounge to check out the décor and try one of their craft cocktails, like the Blueberry Vojito which is my personal favorite. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a fantastic stay at the Revere this summer. The room (a double, with two queens) was very large and beautifully decorated, with a private terrace overlooking the city. The beds, sheets and pillows were absolutely the best I've ever experienced! A favorite part for my kids was the large pool and fitness center, which we enjoyed every day after our long walks. A wonderful 9th floor terrace patio, with plants, tables and amazing views is adjacent to the pool/fitness center, so one can sit inside or out enjoying great views while the kids swim. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the two concierges offered gracious, patient, and excellent advice. I've told all my friends about this place and can't wait to return myself. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Profe_Mary
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you and your family had while staying with us at the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only the rooms, décor, and pool and fitness center, but also how helpful and accommodating our cast was in meeting your needs. As you mentioned, our hotel does offer great views of the city from both our roof top terrace and private balconies in the guestrooms, so I am glad you enjoyed these features we are able to offer. We look forward to your return in the near future!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and had a four day vacation in Boston and really enjoyed the town. If you've never been there, Boston is a very clean city with lots to do but there is a lot of walking around required. There are a lot of old buildings around town and historic places to eat and drink. It was nice to know that at the end of a long day (every day) we had a posh place to go back "home" to.

Revere is very swanky. Six kinds of soaps in the shower. Separate thermostats in our bedroom and suite areas. Priority access to the in house club. Friendly and very professional staff. We had no issues.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 20th floor and had a decent view. I think the higher the better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am glad you enjoyed the Skoah products we provide in each guest bathroom and I hope you took advantage of the priority access to Emerald Lounge, one of the many perks we are proud to offer our guests! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a brand new hotel, so I decided to give it a chance by booking when it went on sale. I stay at the Ames Hotel normally every month (great property) but it was sold out when I booked for September, so off to Hotel Revere.

Bad decision.

When I arrived, the hotel had overbooked, or had a maintenance issue that did not allow certain rooms to be booked. I was given no call or email to let me rebook somewhere else. Upon arrival, I was kept waiting for literally twenty minutes (standing in front of the desk, with three bags, with no other guests around) while the front desk fiddled around. When the time had elapsed, I was told I would not be able to stay at the hotel - they could send me across the street to an older property that I never would have booked on my own, no upgrade. I would have to lug my bags back over there the next night and there might be a room then.

I was shocked and asked for the manager. I had booked three nights. I told him I would take a loss on the third night but please book two nights in a row at another property so I could get some work done. I asked to be transferred to the W, which was a more comparable property. No upgrade available, and after much more arguing I was given the (1) night at the W. The Revere would not make the transfer for two nights even though they would have made money off it, and we (myself and the other unlucky traveler who showed up after me) hauled our several bags each up the street on foot to get to the other property.

What 'great' staff were the clients in other reviews dealing with? In Boston alone I have stayed this year at the Ames, W Hotel, Fairmont, and One Beacon, and have only met polished professionals with great customer service. The manager and front desk staff I met trying to check into the hotel left me with a terrible taste in my mouth. If you are kicking a first-time client out of your hotel because you did not manage your room availability, make sure they leave feeling better off than they came.

I will never book a room at a property this unprofessional again. Back to the Ames.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa K
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am very sorry that you were relocated to another hotel last night, as this is not our standard to relocate guests. I tried to reach out to you personally this morning at your new hotel. Please contact me at your convenience; I would love to speak with you regarding this further.