Revere Hotel Boston Common
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
4,375 results
All reviewsemerald loungepillow menurooftop barsmall balconythe theater districtbath productslegal seafoodindoor poolmodern hoteljunior suitelocation is greatupon checkparking garagefreedom trailbeacon hillnewbury streetskoah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. It is really close to Boston Common which makes it easy for touring (by walking) around the historical parts of Boston, getting to the subway system and gaining quick access to the highway.
The beds and pillows were comfortable, the rooms were nice and clean, the Skoah bath products are lovely and can be purchased at the front desk.
The pool contained way TOO MUCH chlorine. After I returned home, I noticed a review from the weeks before my stay that noted the pool was not clean...maybe someone tried (too hard) to clean it between our stays? The hallway also had an odour of vomit during the 2 nights we were there...really not an inconvenience since we were in the hallway a minimal amount of time but something we all noted.
As other reviews have indicated, the elevators are slow and the card-keys a bit finicky but were nothing more than an expected peculiarity.

Room Tip: We were in room 1010. It wasn't a pretty view from our balcony but it wasn't horrendous either. If you lean slightly and peer to the left you can see the trees of Boston Common.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ReviewByKaren
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We spent 3 days in Boston in this hotel, recently renewed, with a fresh look of contemporary art at the Lobby. Nice and wide rooms, service is very much attentive and people are trained to respond at every need. Joe, Kylee and John at the Concierge are a plus for this Hotel. We recommend for families but also for business it is good very well placed in the Theatre District few steps to Newbury, Boston Common, but also Chinatown, Hertz around the corner.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Francesco G
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was recently renovated and it shows. Check in was OK. They did not have our room ready so we had to come back after 3pm. When we did return we were given a glass of champagne, a nice touch. The lobby is small, but modern and smells great. Whatever they are using to make the air that fragrant downstairs should also be used in the hallways upstairs. There was a noticeable, unpleasant odor in the hallways. Every time we went to the elevator we would hold our breath. Fortunately this did not permeate into the room. The rooms are quite nice and the design makes them appear more spatious than they are. We even had a balcony. The bedding was amazing and the bed extremely comfortable. The products were OK. They are locked in full size dispensers - so you won't be returning with any mini bath products. They have a couple of different types available. Unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to the peppermint infused shampoo and conditioner. We did not get a chance to go to the Emerald bar but it looked busy. Overally I would certainly recommend this hotel for the comfort of the room and the quality of sleep that it afforded.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We held a group outing at the Emerald Room at the Revere Hotel. It's a hip, welcoming space in a convenient location within walking distance from our office and public transportation. The layout, service and food were excellent and we all had a great time. We will definitely return and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank amm-bos
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had to stay in a Boston Common hotel for a week, and would have chosen a Starwood property if not for the unusually high rates I found when shopping. I used the Revere as a fallback since it was just a block from the office.

The Revere has made a nice effort to be an upscale, boutique hotel, but it's just not there yet. It excels in a few areas and disappoints in others.

First, where it excels:
1. Lobby. Unique, modern and smells great, think of a Vegas casino like Venetian minus the smoke. Newspapers are plentiful and front desk staff is very nice and pleasant.
2. Rooms. I was upgraded to a junior suite and while the layout was a bit strange (I also tripped over the black coffee table looking for a light switch in the dark), the room's actual living area was set nicely off the main hallway, so noise was virtually nonexistent. Also, the rooms are nicely appointed with fresh carpet, GREAT soaps/shampoos and a comfortable bed. The bathroom in the suite is very small with zero counter space, but it's functional and gets the job done. Balconies provide private views and there is a safe, an umbrella and an iron provided.
3. Location. Fantastic area with everything from a public park to movies to tons of restaurants within walking distance.

The lows:
1. Internet. You can connect and stay connected to the free wireless, but the throughput goes to zero after about 10 minutes, requiring you to bounce the connection.
2. Hallways. Other reviewers weren't exaggerating - they do smell like vomit. How is it possible for EVERY floor to smell this way, especially when the lobby smells like a rose garden?
3. Elevators. Inefficient and should be much better since there are four cars. The lack of a service elevator and seemingly poor maintenance causes this problem. 5+ minute waits are common.
4. Service. The staff is really trying (for the most part), but they just don't get it done. The hotel offers a complimentary overnight shoe shine. I tried to use it my first night, no one ever picked up my bag. I told the staff and they "made a note of it". I tried the second night and again no pickup. I gave up despite the nightly turndown service placing the bag and instructions on my pillow each and every day of my stay. They also provide complimentary bottled water, but only for the first day. I called the front desk on my second day and they refused to send more. $250/night and you can't send up $1 worth of water? Pretty lame if you ask me.

The Revere also does not have a disposable laundry bag. Maybe I haven't stayed in enough of a variety of places, but I like to use the hotel disposable laundry bag for my dirty clothes to go into my suitcase. Not at Revere - their bag costs $10 if you want to take it home.

The breakfast at Rustic kitchen is just average at best. The buffet is $18 and does not included omelettes. You have hash browns, eggs, pancakes, fruit, tea, yogurt and cereal, but at a hotel in this price range, I expect omelettes and waffle iron as part of the deal. The OJ is fresh but you can do better at Panera Bread a block away.

The pool seems ok, but it's very old and musty. It reminds me of a fleabag motel pool vs. a nice hotel pool. The exercise room is a joke, too - a few treadmills and dumbbells, but hey, it's a hotel gym.

Overall, the Revere is nice and has high points. You can sleep without being disturbed and the upgrade was a nice touch. I would stay there again but I'm going to try a Starwood property nearby first before I go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business