“Trying too hard...”

Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Trying too hard...”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel underwent a huge renovation and is really trying to be a boutique hotel similar to one you would find in New York. It starts off strong with an offer of champagne and you enter trendy contemporary furnishings and decor in your room. During the daylight you can see the low quality of those furnishings. The structure of the lobby creates interesting and unusable space where people cannot gather or meet because they will have to wind around structures to actually see each other; a contemporary, multi-level lounge with interesting seating arrangements would have been better. The bar promotes itself as a great cocktail mixing lounge, but it's so loud and dark that you wont be able to speak with your date or see what you're drinking. Some remnants of the former hotel include the in-room a/c-heating units that sound like aircraft taking off when they're on; a bonus is sliding doors that open for fresh air. The closet give alot of room and the bathrooms are really nice. It gets a 10 for room cleanliness, but I was surprised that maintenance staff were using the same elevators as the guests and were placing very dusty/dirty equipment up alongside everyone's suitcases. Excellent location if going out in the city. Parking next door was convenient, but very pricey.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank capeweekend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Skippack, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed in Boston numerous times (actually here now) for work and play. When I got to the Revere I immediately judged the book by its cover - modern lobby, smells great (scents poured through the vents!) and a free glass of champagne! The front desk attendant was very nice and made sure I was on the side with the view. When I got to my room I was under impressed. My air conditioner was rattling loudly and when the front desk called to see if the room was ok - nice touch - I asked to be moved and she moved me right away. I'm boring myself so I will sum this up.

PROS: Some friendly staff, not all. super comfy beds, new bathrooms.

CONS: I ordered room service for lunch and after 45 minutes called to check and she said it would be right up. Didn't show for 15 minutes so I called again and she said it was on its way. 10 minutes later I called and canceled. Ridiculous. This also happened to a coworker with a simple bagel order. Complained to front desk and they barely apologized. The hallways on the 10th floor smelled like fresh vomit and the smell was there all week....nasty.

Overall....I'm sure there are nicer places for the same amount of money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the good view side!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank missmins
Clane, Ireland
Reviewed July 10, 2012

What a pleasure for our first trip to Boston. When we'd made the booking it was called the Radisson Hotel but in the interim had been sold and refurbished - no marks to www.easyclicktravel.com who failed to tell us about the change. Once we submitted to the cabbie's insistence that we had come to the correct place, we were in for a pleasant surprise. An extremely comfortable hotel, centrally located with impressively friendly and knowledgeable staff. The concierge team was particularly good with recommendations and baseball tickets (not the easiest things to get when the Yankees are in town). A good breakfast is available in The Rustic Kitchen next door. The absence of a fridge and mini bar from the room is surprising - the former especially missed in the hot weather. And some rather eccentric wiring in the bedroom meant that one of the bedside lights and the light at the bedroom door were on the same circuit. But these are minor quibbles of a hotel which we'd recommend unreservedly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with my family whilst on holiday in Boston. It was our first time in Boston and we didn't know what to expect. First impressions matter and I was a bit dubious when I saw the hotel from the outside. It is a big grey concrete monolith and in a beautiful old city like Boston this did not bode well. However on stepping into the bright, modern lobby I knew we had made a wise choice. The staff were friendly, helpful, polite and the service was excellent, from the champagne at check-in, to the turn down service and the little bags of popcorn, I loved it all. A special word must go to the concierge who not only provided great info on where to watch the 4th July fireworks; but when he saw us two days later he remembered us and asked if everything went well, a nice touch.

The rooms in the hotel are spacious and are superbly furnished in a chic and modern style with more nice touches like a 42" flat screen TV and iPod dock. The rooms also have a nice little balcony with great views of the Boston skyline. The bathroom was also nice and modern with possibly the most lavish range of gels and unguents with which to pamper oneself that I have ever seen. The hotel also has a good sized indoor pool with glass doors which lead onto a nice deck area which is a great place to relax after a long days sightseeing, although the pool does appear to get over run by young children in the afternoons. A small fitness area is also adjacent to the pool. We also had breakfast included in our rate but if you wish you can just turn up and choose from the continental buffet, hot buffet or A la Carte. Again the staff are extremely polite and courteous. The breakfasts are very good but they serve possibly the worst coffee I have ever encountered.

The Hotel is well located for the Boston Common and Back Bay areas which are both only a two minute walk away. There is a good selection of restaurants nearby and for culture vultures the theatre district is right on your doorstep. I really can't praise this hotel highly enough other than to say that I loved Boston, hope to get back soon and if I do I will definitely stay at the Revere, although I will check Trip Advisor just to make sure the standards haven't slipped :-)

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank The3dge
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I stayed here on July 4th. We arrived at the hotel at 9am and the staff worked with us to get a room. They were all very profesional and extremely kind and helpful. The rooms were large and decorated just right! Our room was located on the 18th floor so our balcony afforded a fabulous view! The bathroom was a little small but big enough to serve its purpose. I actually liked this hotel so much that I wanted to spend more time there than out in Boston! It was great and if I'm ever in the Boston area again, I will make sure to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We spent the night of July 4 there and it was awesome! We had 3 rooms and they were all beautiful with amazing attention to detail and ultra clean. Loved the glass walls in the lobby, the fur throws on the beds and the herringbone chaise lounge in the double rooms. The water glasses were a work of art! We happened upon the outdoor patio when my 4 year old wanted to go swimming (the pool was indoors with big windows) and we camped out there for the night! A storm was brewing so there was a beautiful lightening show on one side and we could also see many little fireworks shows from the surrounding towns. And just as we thought the Boston fireworks were cancelled, they started right over the park plaza! We all loved it and will definitely recommend it to others as well as stay there again.

Room Tip: 20 th and 22 nd floors had great views!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bologna
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very confortable Hotel close downtown.
Professional service
Very nice place for breakfast and good food

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Flavio_NT