“Excellent”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very confortable Hotel close downtown.
Professional service
Very nice place for breakfast and good food

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Flavio_NT
Write a ReviewReviews (4,191)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We live in the Boston suburbs and a few times a year do an overnight stay 'in town' usually to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. We often try different hotels out in hopes we will find a new gem.

This is not that new gem, it is not bad but feels a bit sterile. The upsides are that it was clean and things were generally renovated well but it is hard to cover up all the markings of its former Radisson self.

The rooms are spacious for Boston but the bathroom was the typical small space that comes with most city hotels. The bed was pretty comfortable, the iPod doc did not function for me but the TV worked well. One downside is the parking within the hotel is expensive and there really isn't a real discount for self-park versus valet. So, it is better to park in the Boston Common for the overnight for $12-$14 and walk over if the weather is nice.

Overall, if you want something that feels fresh and upbeat head over to the Nine-Zero on Tremont as they have it right, it feels very warm there not sterile. If you want something right near the theater district that is clean, has refurbished room and may come at a reasonable cost (we did get a good rate), then give it a try.

Room Tip: If you want a view-ask for one on a high floor. We were on 6 and had no views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Revere twice in the last month and both trips were extremely pleasant. The staff is very accommodating, friendly, and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. The hotel is in a perfect location. Public Gardens, Boston Common, Tufts Medical and several theatres are a five minute walk. Copley Square, Boston Public Library and Newberry Street are just a 15 minute walk. Legal Seafood is literally across the street, PF Chang's is just around the corner and those are just a few of the many amazing restaurants within five blocks. There is a wonderful scent filtered into the hotel lobby that has you looking forward to returning to the hotel. The Revere is very clean, modern, and the rooms are well appointed. Will be looking forward to our next trip to the Revere!

Room Tip: Upper floors at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I spent a night at this hotel in June and was made to feel very welcomed the moment I entered the hotel property. I had a room on the 15th floor with a balcony which overlooked the street below. That helped me to get my bearings around the city. I was able to walk to dinner which was in the Chinatown area. There are many small Asian restaurants just a block away.

When I checked out the next day, there wasn't much traffic as there was a parade in the next street so they were avoiding that area. The young man who helped me with my luggage went out to the traffic junction to help me flag down a cab. Great service from the staff!

Overall a great stay and definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Check in was quick and smooth and even though we only had a cheap hotwire rate we were given the 23rd floor (out of 24) for a nice view. The room was clean and nice. We had no problems at all during our stay.

The only negative (very minor) is the hallway had a smell like feet but the room was not an issue and it didn't persist in other areas of the hotel.

The bed was comfortable, and having a balcony was a great addition to the room

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I only write reviews on occasion but I felt that our latest travel experience was so special that I had to share it with all who read Tripadvisor. We stayed at the Revere Hotel over the 4th of July Holiday and as seasoned travelers to Boston for the 4th I have to say this is one of, if not the best experience we have ever had. The recent renovation of the property (once a Radison I believe) is first class. Our room, and the entire Hotel for that matter, was very comfortable and clean. The balcony view was incredible. The best part of our experience, by far, was the interaction with the staff. I have never encountered such a friendly, professional staff anywhere. Without exception, each employee we dealt with was incredible. Valets (AJ), bell staff, guest services (Michelle), concierge (John) and restaurant staff (Mohammad?) were all perfect. I don't know who does the hiring, or what criteria they use but, keep it up...it's definitely working. The only drawback would be the cost of parking ($42??nt). This is not excessive for Boston but be prepared. I highly recommend a stay at the Revere. You will not be disappointed. We can't wait to return!

2  Thank Jay6803
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I just got back from a romantic overnight at the Revere Hotel in Boston. I mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary and the manager sent up a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. What a nice touch! We enjoyed them on our private balcony on the 23rd floor which was far enough up not to be bothered by the street noise. The room was very modern, comfortable and clean. We had a wonderful breakfast buffet this morning in the Rustic Kitchen. I loved that the soap and shampoo, etc. are in pump bottles on the wall. Going Green!! There is also a beautiful pool with an outdoor lounge to catch some sun!
It was a very nice stay!

Room Tip: The rooms higher up have a quieter balcony.
1  Thank lfortin16