4,698 results
All reviewsemerald loungepillow menurooftop barsmall balconythe theater districtbath productslegal seafoodindoor poolmodern hoteljunior suitepublic gardensupon checkparking garagefreedom trailbeacon hilllocation was perfectnewbury street
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was the first time visiting Boston for both my husband and myself. From the moment we drove up to the Revere our experience was great. We were greeted with a champaign reception which we enjoyed while we checked in and explored the trendy lobby.

We were on the 22nd floor facing the river and had 2 balconies to enjoy the view. The room looked just like the pictures with contemporary furniture and fixtures. We really liked the toiletries provided - luxury shampoos, conditioners, and lotions.
There was great wireless service. One interesting ammenity was their offer of the use of a hotel Kindle with 3 books relating to Boston pre-loaded on it. We didn't take advantage of this as we brought our own Kindles, but what a great idea. I had mentioned to the manager that we were interested in taking a Duck Tour (the historic tour in a WWII amphibious vehicle) and she communicated with the concierge herself. The concierge had the tickets ready for us the next day as we were ready to head out and explore historic Boston.

Our second night we decided to check out the new bar at the manager's reommendation and really enjoyed the small plates and trendy cocktails.

I have to say that all of the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

We were disappointed in ourselves because we didn't realize there was a coffee maker in the room until the day we were leaving; so each morning we went across the street for coffee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Denise C
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had to drop my daughter off in Boston and my husband was flying to Boston after a long trip. It happened to be our Anniversary weekend so we decided to stay a night and have dinner in the North End. We have spent a lot of time in Boston and hotels, and want decided to try The Boston Revere.

I checked in a couple hours ahead of my husband and was greeted with champagne (nice touch)! The young lady who checked me in was definitely in the top 5 on my list for pleasant front desk staff. She asked me what brought us to Boston and I told her how I was meeting my husband to celebrate our anniversary. Later that evening she hand wrote a card and had it delivered with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries to our room!

I did have a couple other interactions with her. Unfortunately, United put my husband’s luggage on another flight. I called the front desk twice to see if it arrived. The second time I apologized to her and explained how United said it should have been delivered and my husband’s need for his contact solution. She said there was a CVS across the street. We opted to wait it out for United. A few minutes passed and there was a knock on our door. A nice young man brought him contact solution with a note!

The room was very trendy, comfortable bed, spacious, bathroom was great with lots of extras and it was our first hotel in Boston we stayed where we had a balcony! We had no problems with our room keys.

The location is in the theater district. It was beautiful weather so we decided to walk to and from the North End. On the way back we stopped and sat in the Boston Common and people watched. The next morning we got up and walked and found a neat place for breakfast (sorry I can’t remember the name). There is a large variety of restaurants/pubs/entertainment within walking distance!

We felt like VIPs! The staff made us feel very special and we will definitely visit again in the future. I can’t wait!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lori C
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a modern, hip boutique hotel. Our room was large, with a great big balcony and yummy smelling toiletries. The staff was friendly and helpful. Don't forget to ask the concierge to give you free T passes. The only downside was the coffee. You might want to run to Starbucks or Dunkin across the street!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RandiGelfond
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed at this property many times when it was the Raddison and the upgrades are extensive and overall nice. I didn't have any trouble at all with my keycard or my bed. (I've had plenty of keycard troubles at other hotels!). The rooms are decorated nicely and very modern. The shining jewel for me was their internet service. You're immediately on and continuously on for your entire stay. There's no entering your room number blah blah blah. It's included, it's fast, it's dependable. It's the best ever.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Going_Home_Today
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am not a review writer but after this experience, think I owe it to other travelers to be cautious of dealing w/ Revere Hotel.

Located at the former Radisson on 200 Stuart St. this recently renovated place left a terrible after taste with the experience there.

Based on recommendations, I booked and confirmed my reservation for 2 nights and was within their 24 hr pre-check in cancellation policy so my booking was non-refundable. (btw, Revere is competitively priced, trust me, you're better off walking 1 block over to the W or any of the other hotels in the Backbay area)

After wrapping up my long day, I checked into the hotel only to be told by the reception staff that they did not have rm for me (gasp!)

Following events transpired which completely killed it for me:

a) How does the hotel not have a rm yet it was charging me non-refundable rates earlier in the day AND provided a confirmation #?

b) Once Revere realized they were unable to host me, they didn't exercise the common sense to contact me or the travel agent ahead of time?

c) Instead, Revere issued me a letter with an apology that they cannot accommodate my CONFIRMED and FULLY PAID for reservation. (Best believe they plan for such cases as they had this generic letter template prepared beforehand)..

d) . . instead had “booked” me into another hotel, Cambridge Gateway Inn (this is roach motel off the Concord Turnpike) 30 min drive out

e) To their credit, they called a cab, and provided the cab fare to my alternative hotel
e.1) After all this crap, they suggested I shd check in the next night when they wld provide me a rm (like hell I'd ever set foot there on any night)

f) Wait, the low bar is not done dropping; I arrived at the alternative hotel, to a very irate manager who had no such booking in his system made by Revere and had to scramble to find me a rm albeit musty,smokey, dirty, bug infested. Tip: you know its over when they don't check i.d.

g) Needless to say Revere Mngt was soon after contacted to which they responded w/ an apology & offers for a rm upgrade and free night . Clearly very disconnected from your customers -> After such a traumatic night that I would rather forget, what incentives would I have to set foot there?? I'd rather pay for the peace of mind than have "free" anything w/ Revere

While I acknowledge the apology, that ship had long sailed. There are certain things sorry does not fix, especially when both your intentions and actions are so out of line.

Room Tip: Forget them, find a reliable hotel, they are plenty around
Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business