“Excellent Hotel”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. They just completed renovations. The furnishings are upscale and modern, the service was excellent, and the location couldn't be better. We were able to walk, take the trolley, or the subway easily from this hotel. The area was safe and clean. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed here as part of a group. New hotel, friendly staff, nice clean room, breakfast ne, everything just perfect. Except: the damned keycards, My wife and I were given two keycards of course for our room. The first one that we tried worked after about a dozen tries. The second one never worked, so went to change it. This one worked after a few tries, but then the first one stopped working. Did not go back to change it though, as we were there for one night only. I returned to the room first, and my keycard worked after about a dozen tries. When my wife returned, her card (the one that har worked in the beginning), did not work anymore, and after a couple of minutes she just knocked. Next morning we returned from breakfast and tried her card - no go. Mine worked after a few tries. So, the hotel got nearly everything right, abd the perfect picture was spoilt by the keycard problem. In fairness I must point out that not everyone in our group had this problem, but many did. I would really like to stay here often, but it would be nice to be able to get into the room. Note: this is the only hotel I have ever encountered that had this problem, I have always been able to get into my room on lots of hotels in about a dozen countries, so I presumably know how to use keycards.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suomimies
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a fabulous room on the 22nd floor of this hotel with a great view of Boston. The location, close to Boston Common, was ideal and we could walk to everywhere we wanted to go.The room was larger than any I've stayed in before and well-decorated/furnished. On the down side, we were unable to use the computers in the business centre to access or send emails.I presume there is security restriction, but the staff did not tell us this and said they didn't know why we couldn't use Hotmail, even after IT guys had looked at it. This persisted for the whole of our 5 day stay and other guests had the same problem. So it was great if you don't need that facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a good view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This ultra modern hotel was very European in design. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed with very confortable beds. The service from champagne check in, to valet and concierge were fantastic. Employees were very friendly and happy to please. This is a dog friendly hotel and my little guy was treated to his own bed and food bowls. He was greeted with enthusiam and every effort to make him feel at home.

This hotel deserves much credit providing reasonable accomodations, in style and with a smile!

1  Thank cstcyr77
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We ran an event at The Revere Hotel and the service and dedication of the staff were excellent. A relaxed atmosphere whilst still keeping on top of everything. We are definitely using The Revere again.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I picked this Hotel for a business trip to Boston. I was pleasantly surprised with the interior. The room was very modern and looked much like the pictures. The fitness center had a variety of equipment and overlooked the pool. The Emerald lounge was spectacular and Aldo the bartender was very helpful and informative. Also Michelle at the front desk was courteous and helpful as well. Overall the hotel was more than I expected. I will likely stay here again on future business trips.

1  Thank EMVettedriver
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I picked this hotel last minute from the school website due to traveling to find an apt for my daughter and so glad we stayed here. I am huge on customer service and this hotel did not disappoint. I arrived super early and they were able to check me in. The restaurant is excellent also. Everyone went out of their to say hello and be helpful. My first impression of Boston is good just because of the staff here at Revere. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family