“Awesome stay”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Revere with my nine year old twins who are seasoned travelers. The staff was lovely. A complimentary dessert was sent to my children the first night along with a complimentary breakfast.

The room was beautiful and roomly. It was also close to Boston Common and the T. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: We had a great room on the 20th floor with a lovely view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 7373Houston
Write a ReviewReviews (4,246)

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I spent a couple of nights at the Revere after having stayed at the Radisson, its previous incarnation, for the same conference, each of the last two years. The renovation is a definite improvement. I can't think of a fault in the room except for the shower water pressure. What prevents me from giving this business-class hotel a 5 rating is staff training.

Management needs to tell staff to stay off the guest elevators during peak hours, if they're not accompanying a guest. My first morning, staying on a high floor, two different housekeeping staff got on and off the elevator at two different floors: 4 extra stops on my trip down. That wouldn't be enough to prompt a complaint, but my second morning, heading down, same thing, one additional staff, then another staff member *holds the elevator door*, asks whether the other passengers and I were heading up (we weren't), and damn, that pissed me off.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

From the moment we walked into the newly renovated hotel, we were happy - beginning with the soothing, spa-like aroma of the lobby. We knew we were early for a check-in and had planned just to check our bags and begin sightseeing. Fortunately, there was a single king room open and we were immediately allowed access to it. The room was spaciously appointed exactly as we had requested, with spa amenities to try. The new outdoor rooftop patio was beautiful for a relaxing evening right off the pool and fitness rooms, with lovely view of the area. Just across the street were Legal Seafoods, Starbucks, Vapiano Pastas, Rock Bottom Grill, and Hertz rentals. Boston Commons and the T were only a few short blocks away. We I called about taxi service to the airport, my request was immediately handled and a vehicle awaited us as we stepped out the door. Great end to our New England vacation.

Room Tip: Next to the elevator were larger rooms; they were not in the least noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Twin2tx
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I would have given a higher rating if our air unit in the room didn't make it sound like a helicopter was landing on top of us through the entire night and the hallway wasn't filled with an overwhelming scent vomit. (We mentioned this condition to the front desk staff and it was not tended to.) More importantly, the room
doors do not have to momentum to shut automatically when you walk away. We saw several doors down the coridor open for unknowing guests. We finally
got in the habit of putting in an extra
tug for safety sake on our door. For the positive, Revere gets big plus marks for a better than usual redo on this former Raddison Hotel. This place is spacious and ultra chic. Attention to many, many details are evident. They just missed a few paramount points. I cannot sleep if the units are not in working order and that is ultimately what I am there to do. That aside, the restaurant connected to the hotel has a fabulous menu and outgoing staff. The Emerald Club, which maintains the hotel bar, just opened and needs bodies to finish the exquisite decor. It was stunningly outfitted. I appreciated that the staff didn't have to be dressed risky like many other hot hotels feel they have to do. We will go back in hope the hotel brings the full scope up to the standard they are obviously trying to achieve.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Beautiful hotel. The staff was great, loved the room and view, and the rooftop deck and indoor pool were so nice. I would definitely stay there again. It was our 5th wedding anniversary and was a truly special experience.

Room Tip: The 23rd and 24th floors had amazing views from the balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank megant12
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed in the Revere in Boston then end of May and our stay was fantastic.We got champagne on arrival and the staff were so helpful.They even gave champagne to my brother who was only there to meet us and was not staying there. We had rooms on the 14th floor and they were beautiful,we had two queen beds in each room and a great view.The only small complaint we had was that the aircon was noisy and it was hard to have on all night with the noise of it!
The hotel was recently refurbished and the lobby and rooms are beautiful but the aircon is still the old system,I reckon.The room keys played up a bit because they are new black ones and are not recognising the black strip on them,but reception will give a plain white one that works perfect if you have problems.
The location is excellent for walking almost anywhere in Boston.Boston common and public gardens are only a 3 minute walk and there are plenty of bars and restaurants around.I would highly recommended this hotel and when I return to Boston next year hopefully,I will definitely be staying at the revere:)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The Revere Hotel is a beautiful hotel in a great location. We found the Revere to be kid and adult friendly. It is a surprisingly good value. We would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family