“I did not just like the Omni Parker House Boston I loved it!”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wayne PA
“I did not just like the Omni Parker House Boston I loved it!”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

This is an old fashioned hotel by W standards. The rooms are not large, but well appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable. I asked for a "quiet" room and was given 1064, which was far from elevator lobby and faced an alley. Since I always want quiet over view, the room was perfect. Ate dinner and breakfast in the Parker Restaurant and both were excellent and price points very good for hotel. One outstanding feature is the staff. They could not be more helpful.

If someone does not like old standards playing in the lobby and restaurant, this is not the place for them. By old, I mean 30-50's standard ballads. Location was great. Within a block of Beacon Street which borders Boston Common and three blocks from T station with red, green and orange lines. Hotel guests were a mixed bag of foreign visitors and fairly well heeled US guests. No one during my stay was in the lobby screaming into their cell phones. Wifi is free in hotel lobby, which is where I am sitting now. All in all, a great place to stay, at a price that can't be beat. Paid $261 a night, which included breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FroggySmith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (921)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I was here on my business.I liked this hotel,great hotel.Stuff is very friendly and polite and helpful. When I applied to a housekeeper with my request, everything was done immediately. I even remember this girl Anna K (as far as I remember from Russia). And if the stuff is so polite and helpful as this girl,well,the hotel shiuld be proud of its stuff. Rooms are convinient and beautiful,everything is great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Manager1856, Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was most kind of you to specifically mention Anna K, she will be delighted to hear that she contributed to your pleasant stay. Once again thank you, and we look forward to you staying us in the future
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 17, 2010

The Parker House is convenient to all the points of interest in Boston. It's a historic hotel that is very well maintained, newly redecorated and impressive. If you are going to Boston and want to be able to walk around and visit Copley, Back Bay, Beacon Hill, North End, Freedom trail points, etc, then this hotel is the place to say.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rpilk210
Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Omni Parker House. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our location perfect.
Hammond, LA
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I booked the Omni Parker House in advance for our honeymoon. I guess we booked early enough in advance to get a room with a fantastic view! We could see the skyline of Boston from our 8th floor window.

We didn't use all the amenities of the hotel, just the room and concierge service, both of which were excellent. Many people complained about the size of the room, but our King bed room was big enough for us. It wasn't a suite, but it was comfortable and nice. All the workers were helpful, well informed, and nice.

The hotel is PERFECTLY located on the Freedom Trail and near two convenient Metro stops. If you don't feel like driving in Boston (I'm so glad we didn't!), this hotel is the best.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
The Omni Parker House is a very romantic place to spend your honeymoon and we are so happy to read that you chose us to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was in Boston for a few days on a business trip. Unfortunately, I messed up on my stay duration at the hotel I booked originally and the hotel found me a room 2 hours before check in at the Omni Parker House Hotel. There was literally one room left at 240$. The receptionist processed my check in very quickly and warned me that the room I was allocated was a little small.

I am glad I was warned but I didn't have much choice anyway. Because of the basketball playoffs, the hotel market place around the stadium was fully booked. This room was really tiny. You couldn't basically walk around the bed. The bed was actually a little larger than a single bed. The shower room was of decent room. Anyway this was for one night only. There wasn't any WIFI available in the room (paid or free). Because of the jetlag, I ended up to be in the lobby at 530am to catch up on work but again the free WIFI working close by the reception. Try connecting further and you would be out of luck to get a connection with the WIFI. The breakfast was a good quality at around 25$ with a great buffet.

I believe the room I was given can't make my opinion on this hotel objectively. At the same time, I can't help thinking that in a 4* hotel, you shouldn't really sell these rooms, especially at 240$ (even on a busy period). Maybe these rooms should be reserved exclusively for air crew staff. In the morning, a pilot walked in my room as he was given this room by the receptionist. So the reception messed with my late booking the night before and the early arrival of that guest.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank GdeLondres
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The hotel has a beautiful lobby and is located in a perfect area of Boston - between the Financial District / Faneuil hall and Boston Common. The arrival was less than grand, with an understaffed door/valet staff. There are only two heavy doors and a small staircase immediately upon entry - certainly not easy with luggage in hand and no assistance from a bellman.

The rooms are small but comfortable enough. Fitness center in the basement is well-equipped and the hotel restaurant/bar are popular.

Anyone looking for a nice view will be terribly disappointed - you will get either the inside of the building or the next building across the street. Valet parking is overpriced ($42), considering how long they make you wait for your car and the attendants weren't knowledgeable with directions.

Overall, not a bad choice if you get a good deal and want a convenient location, but there are many nicer options in downtown Boston.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
We are sorry to read that your experience at the Omni Parker House was less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, a downtown location has its drawback, one is having limited views. Parking is competitively priced, and all major hotels in the city charge equal or more. We regret if your experience may have marred an otherwise enjoyable visit to Boston
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stayed here for two nights while business traveling with wife. The hotel location is great across the street from the Granary Burying Grounds. Hotel staff were nice hotel was decorated very nicely. Be prepared though rooms are small much like most of Omni historic hotels. Great overall stay, plenty to do in the area. A must stay hotel if you like historic properties.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business