“Excellent hotel- Great Stay to see the best of Boston!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Omni Parker House
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent hotel- Great Stay to see the best of Boston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

Great hotel, close to Government centre T station for the train to/from airport. Close to Boston COmmon, Fanueil, New England Aquarium, Newbury Street, Prudential Centre- Great staff, Concierge was beyond helpful. Room was clean, spacious, wonderful stay, would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager1856, Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Parker House and look forward to you staying with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (907)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

The Parker House was without question the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place. Here are just afew of the problems I had during my stay:

- No valet or doorman anywhere to be found upon arrival.
- Booked 3 rooms, hotel pre-registered all 3 prior to arrival after I specifically requested they do not.
- Was "upgraded" from a Deluxe King to a room with 2 full sized beds, a seating area, and a horrible stench of stale cigarettes. Thanks alot!
- Inquired with concierge about a car for 6 to Boston College, quoted a rate of $108 plus 25% gratuity! Ended up booking shuttle ourselves for $40! Thanks again!
- Left our room at 9am, returned at 6pm to find that our room was not serviced. Had to leave the hotel for an hour after a long day so that Housekeeping could clean the room.
- Parker's Bar is god awful, got a diet coke that literally smelled like Ajax. Their classic "Boston Fish and Chips" were inedible, a disgustingly greasy mess.

I was really looking forward to my stay at The Parker House, and it is unfortunate that I have to write this type of review. Please, do yourself a favor and spend an extra $20 a night and stay at the Royal Sonesta, or Copley Square Hotel. I cannot see how anyone would be able to fully enjoy themselves at The Parker House.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lupush
It is our goal to provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is important to know when we have fallen short of this goal. Let me simply say all of us at the Omni Parker House are committed to providing a more pleasant experience for our guests than what you experienced. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you incurred and we regret that this experience may have marred an otherwise enjoyable stay in Boston.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

I loved this hotel. I stayed in a petite double room and was pleasantly surprised that the room was as spacious as it was. There was a very comfortable double bed with a down comforter, a desk and chair, and one easy chair. It was perfect for one, it might have felt a little cramped for a couple. The bathroom was modern and had all the amenities you could ask for.

Based on other traveler's suggestion, I joined the select guest program (free) and received a newspaper and coffee and one other beverage free each morning. My room had a nice view of old city hall (now a Chris's Steak House), that was nicely lit at night.

I did not eat at the hotel, but there are lots of cafes nearby. The hotel is conveniently located right on Boston Common and near a T stop.

The hotel is only about a 10-15 minute walk from the North End. It is also only a 10 minute walk from the theater district.

I got a great internet rate of $95 per night. I think the inexpensive rate added to my enjoyment, but I would happily stay at this hotel again even if I had to pay more.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Judi S
NY.NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

While the location and price are good, this hotel badly needs a face lift. Carpets are stained and worn, common areas are dingy, and overall look is quite frayed. The
roms are tiny, you cannot turn around in the bathroom. Wonderful history here, oldest functioning hotel in America , in the middle of freedom trail. They should spend some money making it the showpiece it can be. That said, the price at 150/night was best in boston - you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CMSK
Woodstock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

I stayed at the Omni Parker House for 3 nights, and I wasn't massively impressed. Really, I can't go on without mentioning the size of the room. Some other reviewers have noted that the rooms weren't substantially smaller than anything else they'd experienced in US hotels - I'd strongly disagree - my room was so small that I was extremely grateful I was on my own. If I'd been with my girlfriend it would have been a nightmare - the bed was so small it was barely bigger than a twin, and the bathroom was miniscule. The room itself was largely taken up by a desk, the bed, and an armchair and there wasn't much room to move otherwise. I honestly could not believe my eyes when I saw it for the first time. As another reviewer has also noted, the walls were really thin, and you could hear people talking to each other or on cellphones. Luckily none of my neighbours made louder noises, but you could quite imagine that if they had, you would hear in graphic detail.

Positives - I joined Omni select guest while at the hotel and as a consequence got free internet, and two free drinks delivered every morning, which was great. I also thought it was a really nice touch that their business center allowed free printing of boarding passes. The building is obviously a nice old building too, and the lobby is nice, but I didn't really think that spectacular.

Location - I couldn't really decide whether it was bad or good. It's only a $20 cab ride from Logan, which was nice, and you could walk everywhere, or go down to the subway a few blocks away. It was also very near Boston Common. But it's also very near the financial district and that becomes very deserted at night. I felt safe at all times in Boston but I can imagine some people becoming unnerved by how quiet it can be around the hotel. Personally if I was to come to Boston again I'd aim to stay in the back bay area, which is a bit more lively, and the hotels there are nearer more shops and restaurants, although Omni Parker House is near Faneuil Hall.

So basically this wasn't a bad hotel and I wasn't thinking, get me out of here, but I wouldn't go back unless the price dropped significantly or the rooms were massively enlarged. I should add that I had a very small window in my room also with a view of someone's office.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank John_Lewis
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

Second time staying at the Omni Parker in Boston. Recent renovation. While rooms are more narrow than chain hotels in the US, the room is more than adequate. Bathroom was small but adequate. Perfect location. 2 blocks from the subway. 4 blocks from Fanieul Hall (shopping, dining) 10 minute walk to the North End for great restaurants. All staff were very pleasant and helpful. Beautiful lobby.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathy_Casey
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

We got this hotel on priceline for $96 per night and it exceeded our expectation by a long way. Some of the other reviews complain about the view or the price they paid, they obviously can't afford the room and did not look at the hotel from the outside. The hotel is surrounded by buildings and of course would not have a view unless you were overlooking the front street. We had a brick wall to look at but it really did not make a difference. If you are looking for a view you should book at a hotel known for the view...lol.

The service was amazing, we were greeted every time we got in or out of the elevator, they offered to move our bags several times for us and the concierge (Shamus) was extremely helpful. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone. Also, the bathroom was small, but the room we had was just as large as most other hotel rooms I have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple