“Lovely, historic hotel in excellent location for sightseeing”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Lovely, historic hotel in excellent location for sightseeing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

Well maintained with a beautiful lobby. Rooms were small with basic tub/shower (grout needed a good clearning but rest of the room and bathroom seemed quite clean). Beds were comfortable with nice linens. Fantastic location for sightseeing in Boston. Loved the Boston cream pie - their specialty.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank RR2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (914)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

We went to Boston for the Chicago White Sox/ Red Sox game and chose to stay in the city. We did not have a car, and this location was perfect for public transportation, and walking distance to many of the things we wanted to do. I booked on Priceline, and it did not mention the one double bed, so I contacted the hotel manager, and she offered me a king-sized bed for a small fee per night. After reading other reviews, I am so glad we upgraded...our room was fine, not as small as people seem to say.The bathroom was small without a vanity to spread your stuff out, but we managed fine.
The staff was very helpful with directions and friendly when we walked in the lobby. There is a very quaint feel to this hotel and it was a wonderful experience for us.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nancyjeannem
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. My spouse and I do not drive and thus we need find a location at downtown which is closed to public transportation. We stayed at this hotel and we basically walked to everywhere. Very convenient place which it's step away to convenience store such as 7-Eleven, CVS, McDonald, Burger King, etc. Train station is just steps away, this is very close to Quincy Market as well. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel which is in the middle of everywhere.

I bid this hotel at priceline and thus we were offered for a very small room, 1 double bed only. I guess we got what we paid for. We wish the bed is bigger though. Other than that, the hotel is very clean and staffs are very polite. There is free Wi Fi service at hotel lobby, no swimming pool at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

I spent 1 week at the Omni Parker house while attending function for work and the hotel was fantastic. The rooms were very nice and quite large for being downtown. Overall the hotel itself was quite immaculate as were the conference rooms. The staff was always very nice and would call me by my name as I walked through the lobby. Location was fantastic and there was lots to do within walking distance including a large shopping area with various stores.

Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank SFRolla
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

I think the title above speaks for itself. Whether you're visiting this great city for business or pleasure you can't beat this hotel for location. The hotel is within walking distance to all major visitor attractions as well as major stores for shopping, the financial district and the waterfront. The airport is only minutes away and will cost you about $30 in a cab. Boston is a city where you will not need a car unless you intend going further afield as it has excellent public transport.

The hotel lobby is like stepping back in time (in a good way), full of charm and old style luxury. Let me say that this hotel has the fastest check-in that I have ever experienced. We arrived at approximately 4pm and all we had to do was show our passports, our room keys were waiting for us behind the desk and the whole thing took no more than 2 minutes.

The rooms are small as is to be expected for such an old hotel, but it was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The walk in shower had good pressure and there was never a shortage of hot water. The bathroom could do with a little more shelf space.

A couple of criticisms are the corridors could do with a bit of decoration/freshening up, on the Tues. night all the ice machines on every floor (I checked them all) were turned off, presumably for cleaning and there was a bit of a stale odour outside our room (5th floor), possiblly coming from an air vent nearby.

We didn't eat or drink at the hotel so I can't comment on the facilities but there are plenty of decent eateries nearby.

Overall I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely return. And as I said earlier the Omni Parker House Hotel has THE BEST LOCATION IN BOSTON.

TIP - if you want to save a few dollars take the Blue Line shuttle bus from the airport terminal to the Blue Line T (subway) station. The T costs just $2 one way. Get off at Government Centre and when you come up out of the station turn left onto Tremont Street. The Omni Parker House is about 200m down on your left.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank kiltipper
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

We splurged to go to the Omni for two days on our way up to New England. We wanted to stay in close to all the attractions but also wanted a true suite..one that has a door to separate the sleeping areas so when the kids go to sleep at 7pm we are not forced to sleep as well.
The Omni was the only one we could find with these qualifications. We splurged on the Freedom Trail suite (only available on their website) and were SO glad that we did. The kids (age 2 and 5) did not want to leave the room to go out to the aquarium or other sites ! The suite is more than as advertised. First, there is so much room compared to what others noted in the reviews! The living space is larger than our first apt in DC. The kids had a nice quality bunk bed, a table with kids' chairs, a whole wall to color with chalk, dress up period costumes (which seemd to be VERY clean much to my happiness and appeared washable), and books about the area. They also received a fun backpack (cardboard with real straps that they both wore for 48 hours straight minus bath and sleep time) with a canteen, flashlight, and a few other items at check in. They also got milk and cookies delivered to the room the first night. They were in heaven!

I was very pleased with the suite because of the adult bedroom which was luxurious and came with about 10 books to read about historical Boston. So nice to read while the kids were winding down. The noise of our kids for other hotel patrons was not a problem as the air conditioners had a nice white noise effect.
The hotel of course is ideally located and has all the amenities you would expect at an Omni. I was just so pleased with their attention to the kids' needs and thought our dollars were very well spent!
As a note, the valet parking was costly, but easy when we arrived during rush hour. There is a garage around the corner that charges about $20 a day if you are organized and can get your luggage to the hotel by yourself (not possible when traveling 10 hours in the car with two small children and no DVD).
One more thing, the view was less than spetacular (the cooling vents!!) but really did not detract at all because of the amenities in the room!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ArlingtonMom30
Cobleskill, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

First - definitely sign up for the Select Guest - they had everything ready when we got there - check-in was under 30 seconds. They had bottled water delivered to our room the first night and brought cookies to the kids. The rooms are extremely small but beautiful. The lobby is grand and the 2 lounges are great. I felt as if we were in a different era. The parking is expensive but we didn't feel like walking the extra 2 blocks to go park the car. The concierege was very helpful. Great location to everything in Boston. We did a lot of walking but had a great time. The Boston Creme Pie was OK - expected something really amazing but was not what the sign showed in front of the restaurant. Overall - a nice place I would go back to.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family