“You can't beat service!”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 1, 2014

After a numbingly awful experience at the downton Sheraton at the beginning of our vacation, we ended it with a terrific one at the Omni Parker House Hotel in Boston. We arrived at the height of traffic on Saturday, needed to get our rental back to Logan Airport asap, and got on the wrong side of the Hotel for check in. The Bell Captain, Seamus, and Bellboy, Eddie, took charge, got our luggage and me out of the car so my husband could leave and I could get us registered. Natalie, on the desk, had me fixed up in no time with the exact room we had reserved and when I discovered I had no single bills, she quickly changed a $10 and sent me on my way. A bellhop named "DG" (not his name but sounded the same) took me up in the elevator, to my room, turned on the lights, adjusted the AC, got me a bucket of ice and asked if he could do anything else. The room was typical of a downtown hotel room in Boston (not very big) except the it was spotless and had been refurbished recently. When we left at 7 AM "DG" got us a cab, packed us in, kindly said he hoped we'd come back soon and sent us on our way. I know it sounds prosaic, but that kind of attitude is becoming rare. We will come back to the OPH soon and hope to see Seamus, Eddie, "DG" and Natalie again. Thanks!

Room Tip: We liked our room, it was quiet and comfortable. More important, it was the room we had reserved an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LLadyLawyer

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Omni Parker hotel and its staff were wonderful and made our family vacation visiting Boston excellent. The hotel, food and facilities could not have been better. We traveled with three generations of the family and everyone was impressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Aaron D
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Beautiful, old hotel on the Freedom Trail. We had a nice, comfortable room with 2 beds that felt wonderful after full days of walking. We asked for a room with a view and looked out on the old school and the trail. The concierge was very helpful in providing us maps and suggestions on where to go and eat, since it was our first trip to Boston. We stopped at the hotel bar after checking in for a drink and to get our bearings on where we would go first. Faneuil Hall was a 5-10 minute walk, with shops, restaurants and bars. Our first night we had noisy neighbors in the hall and the hotel left a complimentary coupon for 2 free drinks at the coffee shop downstairs for the inconvience. We stayed 3 nights and I would have loved to have stayed more. Not sure you could get a better location.

Room Tip: We asked for a view and looked out onto the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

And, yes, we concur with your comment about our location! It can't be beat if you're looking to explore our city. Many thanks for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I love history and what a perfect hotel to stay in seeing that its the oldest continually running hotel in America. Upon walking into the hotel, you are brought back to another time, where life was glamorous and ornate.
We were greeted pleasantly by all of the staff, got our key card and went up to the room on the second floor, 260. It was in an older section of the building and had so much charm. It was a small room, but it was cozy. I would have liked a tub, we had a shower stall, but it was a clean bathroom.
The bed was the most comfortable and wonderful bed that I have ever had in a hotel. They obviously spent a lot of money on the beds, the air conditioning units, and the flat screens, but there were some other updates that could be done. My husband being a contractor could pick up the carpet and saw white stained floors underneath, the mirror in the bathroom wasn't placed properly because there was an exposed access panel, and the shower stall with 4x4 gray tiles were similar to those seen at a gym. Technicalities aside, it was wonderful.
I would definitely go back again, just to experience that gem of history once again.
Just a side note--pets are allowed. We had placed our bags on the chair in our room and upon departure we carried our bags outside, which we found out had fleas on them. Our arms were badly bitten. My husband is also allergic to dogs and we weren't aware of their allowance there so the pet hair on our bags also wasn't great for our ride home. Sheets can be changed, tables cleaned, carpets vacuumed, but the fabric on the chair was left the same from the past guests and if their animal had fleas, which unfortunately the one staying in our room did--then you will be unpleasantly surprised. We learned that next time we would ask for a room where animals did not stay, if there is that possibility.
Otherwise--beautiful hotel, amazing food and great hospitality. We will come back if when we visit Boston.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for a few nights. Our room wasn't the fanciest, but it was a nice room with King Size bed. No view, just the big concrete side of the building next door, but it was very quiet. And, it's the city and sometimes no view happens. We didn't care as we spent our time sightseeing. The Hotel boasts the creation of Parker House Dinner Rolls and Boston Cream Pie. Tried both at lunch in the beautiful dining room. Delicious. Took the nearby subway to the JFK Library. Short cab ride to the Aquarium. The Hotel is just beautiful. Check out the hand carved woodwork on the ceiling if the Lobby. Housekeeping wonderful. A cab will be hailed for you in no time flat. Very nice visit.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I got married last October at the Omni Parker House, and have nothing but the very best things to say about the hotel as a wedding venue. The hotel itself is historic and beautiful, very well maintained, and in a perfect location in Boston. Jennifer Nicholson, the wedding coordinator, is absolutely amazing at what she does. Right from the start she was so pleasant to work with, accommodating, and extremely quick with a response to any and all of our many, many questions. Jennifer is also very genuine, and we knew she truly wanted wanted us to have the best wedding day possible. I never doubted that everything would go smoothly with her coordinating the day, and it absolutely did! The ballroom is gorgeous, and the views of Boston are magnificent. It also has a very good sized dance floor so all your guests can have a great time dancing. The food was absolutely delicious at both the cocktail hour and the dinner. There are so many choices to choose from, and there was plenty of food for the guests. The food tasting was also fun, and Jennifer made sure we were happy with all of our choices before deciding on the menu. The Omni Parker House makes you feel so special on your wedding day, and provides the perfect venue for a Boston wedding. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a perfect wedding day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely perfect, The best combination of historical coziness and classy glam right in the heart if Boston. I held my wedding reception and ceremony on site and couldn't be happier. The staff was very attentive, the service and atmosphere was exactly what I wanted. This space is perfect if making a trip to Boston, even if you don't spend the night, stop in the last hurrah, get a hibiscus champagne and a brandy before walking to the common, this part of town is really the best!

• Stayed: December 2013