“Great stay at the Omni Parker House in Boston”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great stay at the Omni Parker House in Boston”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Recently, I stayed that the Omni hotel in downtown Boston. It was my first time visiting Boston and I researched many hotels in the area and this seemed like the perfect choice despite other reviews that it was too noisy and an older hotel.

Reasons why it was a great choice:

1. Staff - very friendly & accommodating

2. Room - it was a little on the small size and that's the only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. It served it's purpose because we were not in the hotel room very much....only to shower and sleep. It's vacation right.....explore and enjoy the city.

3. Location - Great! Basically across the street from the subway station and literally a short walk to Starbucks, bagel shop, Panera, Walgreens, and close to all the sites we wanted to see.

4. Restaurant/bar within the hotel - great staff, super friendly, and good conversation about the city and sights to see/things to do.

5. Price - no other hotel could beat the price and the location. Paid just under $240 a night during the Boston Marathon time. Great stay!

Absolutely would stay here again! Thanks Omni!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kendra N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2014

love this kind of Hotel, its centrally located ,We learned that many writers and poets have stayed there over time. Rooms are very clean, the room my husband and I got was kind of in the small size but we loved it. The staff is great and extremely friendly and helpful. my daughter and her husband were there with us too and something went wrong with the bathroom, so the Hotel changed their room and it was a suite at no extra charge. I would stay there again and most definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MairE14
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I really like the decor and the cozy feeling. I stayed there for about 3 nights with my boyfriend, very quiet and clean. I believe they do offer a free buffet breakfast in their beautiful restaurant (for free if you stay there!!) but we went elsewhere for breakfast. My only pet peeve is there was no free wifi and for some reason the internet on my iphone wouldn't come in while I was in the hotel?! Very weird. If they offered free wifi I would of probably given 5 stars.

They're maids are friendly, speak English and don't talk outside guest rooms (which trust me is a big problem at some hotels)

They seem to have really good deals on certain days, I will go back in the future!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nonya621
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your comments and for giving us the opportunity to mention that if one joins our complimentary Select Guest loyalty program, then WiFi is free along with complimentary morning beverages delivered to your guestroom and other perks. Also, while we do offer buffet breakfast included with certain packages, our Art of Breakfast buffet is not complimentary.
South River, New Jersey
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked a room at the Omni on 4/13/2014 for 5/2 and requested a king size bed. Although not a honeymoon this was my first trip with my wife as newly weds, we were married on 4/19. Upon check-in were assigned to room 728. First thing that came to our attention is that this room is in a corner where there is like a little entry way and there are 3 or maybe 4 other rooms. It just seemed cramped. When we entered we really saw what the definition of cramped meant. The bed was tiny and we could barely get ready to go out to dinner at the same time because of lack of space. That particular room may be ok for 1 person but definitely not 2. We decided that we would check out the next morning and go elsewhere. It turned out that our rate would not allow for a refund if we checked out. I contemplated taking the loss however the person at the front desk spoke to the manager who offered to change our room. The next morning we were placed in room 1130 which she called a queen size deluxe. This room was 4 flights up but in that same little corner with 3 or 4 other rooms. The room was bigger but not by much and the bed seemed to be the same size as the previous one. By that point we just opted to ride it out for the last night. The hotel itself is very nice, location is perfect and the restaurant and bars are nice as well but we were not very happy with the rooms. I'm sure others have had great experiences there and I don't doubt it. This is just my experience during this particular stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank coupe243
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 5, 2014

After booking a room for 2 people to go to a conference in Boston, they gave us a single room with one double bed, not even a queen. Obviously not going to work, staff would only upgrade for $$$, which we declined, and got a cot, which was ridiculously uncomfortable. $$$ for a cup of coffee so go down the street for one. Room so small that we had to crawl across the bed to get to the other side. Bathroom items easily fall into toilet with no place to set things down. Dirty torn shower curtain, dirty floor. Wedding going on until 4 am kept us up all night. Noisy thin walls can hear everything next door. Restaurant unfriendly, overpriced. Just awful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank heyjude1111
The rooms booked by this conference were our traditional rooms which feature one full-size bed and we were unable to upgrade this guest on a complimentary basis due to being completely booked. We understand their disappointment at this situation and realize that it likely clouded the rest of their experience with us. We apologize and hope they will give us another try in the future.
Belle River, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We found everything in hotel to be beautiful. The staff were great. The only issue was thin walls. Normal conversation could be heard, through the walls, from the rooms on either side of us. The hotel location was great, as Boston is a city that you can walk to almost everthing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 5, 2014

While I realize this is an historic hotel, the room I was in was in need of refurbishment. The tub/shower area was badly worn, and as a result, there were cleanliness issues (stains, chipping surfaces, messy caulk joints, mold in caulk. The desk and chair were in poor shape.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business