“Staycation”

Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Staycation”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My daughter and I spent the night here over school break booking the New England Aquarium Package. The package included the breakfast buffet which was yummy. The location put us in easy walking distance to all the things we wanted to do. We had a great time in this lovely, historic hotel.

1 Thank chyllenem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
St. Kitts and Nevis
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Staying at the Omni Hotel in Boston was a wonderful experience, I would definitely stay there again. The hotel is beautifully kept building, extremely clean and I had no problems at all. I only had the breakfast when I stay. It was excellent value. The room service was always prompt. Close to the Subways for easy travel, and shops. I would like to say thank you to the staff who were always very professional and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Juliet B
Boston, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Very good hotel, has old hotel charm and excelent service. Our stay was a comfortable and staff was friendly and courteous from check in to check out. Although we selected this hotel mainly for its convenient location, we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Rene L
Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Old. Beat up. Not a pleasant stay.

Sure, the lobby is charming with a feeling of walking back in time, but that's where the feeling should stop...guests expect a modern hotel with lots of power outlets, high speed internet, clean air flow, lots of light, and comfortable beds and bedding. The Parker House does not deliver that experience.

At check-in the front desk agent said that she only had Queen beds. I asked again, only Queens? This was in a room with only one bed. I find out later that the rooms are too small for anything else. I ask if they have King beds, "Yes, the hotel does, but not in your room." Ok, I'd like to upgrade. "Sorry, all booked." What about tomorrow night? I'll be happy to move. "Sorry." But wait, you didn't even look, or even offer to put me on a waitlist, or even offer to look out for me and call me if one opens up....Check-in experience did not make me feel welcome. Then she hands me one key, without even asking how many I'd like. In hindsight I should have had her make 12...but I asked for just a second key.

Open the door and the room stinks. Smells like a cocktail of terrible room freshners.

The room was small. Jail cells are bigger. The windows opened up to a brick wall. Which begs the question of why even install a window? The Queen bed had fresh bedding, but a dirty comforter folded at the end of the bed.

Unfortunately the room was very dark. Didn't help that the desk lamp didn't work. Perhaps the light bulb was burned out. Either way, I left a note for housekeeping, and they made sure the lamp worked again. Housekeeping failed by not changing out the bed sheets from night one to night two.

The bathroom is the most frustrating issue to deal with here at the Parker House. I hate hotel rooms that lack a bathroom counter. Ended up dragging a little table that held the ice bucket into the bathroom to use as a make-shift counter.

The shower was dark as it lacked a light, and the shower curtains were opaque. This room had both a hand held shower wand, and a fixed shower head. Both had extremely low water flow, and made for an uncomfortable shower experience.

To echo the concerns of other guests. The place is noisy. If you're a light sleeper, I'm going to be straight up and suggest you stay elsewhere. This is not the place for you, now if you can sleep through a tornado, you'll have no problem here. Otherwise the noises, sounds and existence of other guests in this hotel will drive most bonkers.

At check out the hotel billed me for internet, despite the front desk advising at check-in that internet charges were comped for our group. I emailed the hotel GM on the address on the back of the folio and so far--crickets.

Room Tip: Gotta call ahead and upgrade to a bigger room. These are generally small with queen beds.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank IntegrityTravel
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
We certainly understand that our hotel is best received by those who appreciate the historic nature of it and, yes, many of our rooms are smaller when compared to more modern construction. Our location, however, can't be beat. This guest's request to have his WiFi charges was received and is being handled quickly. We apologize for this billing error.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Nice hotel, friendly door staff - the arrival reception wasn't that friendly, especially having just spent 12 days in Florida...Check out was much better, The room was tiny and the beds cramped which, for the money, was not good enough really. Roughly £750 for three nights, room only, for a family room (that simply shouldn't be called a family room) has left a bitter taste in truth.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We loved staying at the Omni Parker House Hotel for Boston Marathon weekend. We were on the 14th floor overlooking King's Chapel Burying Ground. The clean and nicely decorated room had two double beds and had plenty of room for two (the rooms would be tight for four, but this is a really old hotel so small room sizes can be expected). The location was perfect for walking the Freedom Trail and to Boston Common and a very easy subway ride to and from Logan Airport. There are several nice pubs (including two in the hotel) in the area and it's a very short walk to several Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. I can't say enough about the staff of the hotel, they were all very helpful and friendly to the runners. They even opened up a conference room after the race and had fresh fruit, bagels, and water for the runners and their friends and families. This is a beautiful hotel, and very historic. I will definitely be returning on my next trip to Boston.

2 Thank drivinthebus
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I can't say enough about the Omni Parker! The hotel was centrally located to all that we wanted to see and do in Boston so we were able to walk everywhere! I booked the trip for my husband's birthday and we were pleasantly surprised to return to our room one evening to find celebratory champagne and Boston Cream Pies waiting for us! The staff, from the front desk, to the doormen and to the concierge were extremely courteous and went out of their way to be helpful! They always seemed to anticipate your needs, from storing your luggage after check-out to hailing a tax and booking a tour for us, they always were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful! (All this despite being the weekend of the Boston Marathon.) Have been to Boston several times and found the Omni Parker to be well above other similar hotels in terms of location, amenities and staff compared to where I have stayed in the past! Will definitely be staying here again! I won't be spending time researching hotels in Boston for future trips. The Omni Parker is where I will be staying!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple