“Exceeded our Expectations”

Omni Parker House
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a great family trip to Boston. Stayed in the Freedom Trail Suite. Our only complaint is that the room is a little dark; not much natural light gets in. Since we spent most of our day time hours out sight-seeing, this did not impact us very much. The staff could not have been nicer/more accommodating. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 705barbaraf
There are newer reviews for Omni Parker House

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here on business. Can't say nice enough things about the valet/door/check staff. I got recommendations on a morning run, casual banter, bag checks, and a frantic bag uncheck and hailing of a cab. They seem to hire very seasoned pros. Location is fantastic. Has an dated, but very charming bar (including the bartender). Fitness room is AWESOME. Rooms were very clean. Only real downside was hallway noise. Quite noisy when folks are walking, talking, slamming doors. I also didn't find the bed super comfy, but what's a sample of 1 bed? Could have just been the room I had. I'd stay here again - I adored the nice folks who work there. I'd maybe inquire about a room at the end of a hallway or farther away from foot traffic.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Becky R
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I accompany my husband on his business trip to Boston and we decided to stay in this hotel for the first time. The next morning after our arrival, I decided to go downstairs for breakfast and had the scary and unfortunate situation of chewing on a piece of glass that was in my oatmeal. I brought it to the attention of the waiter that was taking care of me. The waiter took the piece of glass to the kitchen manager Eric Leon. The kitchen manager was the most unprofessional and cold person I have ever dealt with in a hotel. He did not apologize and said to me in a whispering voice that he is going to change the oatmeal. I expressed concern about my safety and the safety of others and he spoke to me in a very rude manner. He had no clue how to perform good customer service and acted as if I placed the piece of glass in my mouth or in the oatmeal. My husband was there for business why will it ever occur to him that I would do something so low to get a free meal. Everything was covered by the company including meals. I could not be more disgusted!!! After realizing, he did not care about my safety I decided to speak to the front desk manager, because it was a matter of health and safety not only for me but also for the rest of the guests staying at the hotel. He also acted as if it was not a big deal. I thought their behavior was a complete joke. The front desk manager told us that someone was going to call me to apologize about the whole situation that took place with the glass found in my meal, and with Eric Leon (kitchen manager). That is all I wanted, an apology, and the only reason why I am writing this review is because I never received that apology phone call. I think it is fair for everyone to become aware about this situation if they are planning to stay at this hotel to prevent a very unpleasant situation such as mine.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank Vishaka B
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the Omni Parker House for both the 2010 and 2014 Boston Marathon's. Excellent location near Boston Common, Government Center and not too far from the finish area. Staff are great/friendly and hotel rooms are top notch.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank William F
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Friendly greeting by doorman. Lobby is grand and elegant if dated, the old style is part of the charm. Efficient check in, I do struggle with the sickly sweet, artificial greeting and tone you sometimes find in the US though - front desk lady had plenty of is. Room was a king and was plenty big enough. Again dated decor and a little rough around the edges but clean. Wireless connection is not fast enough and is of variable quality in different parts of the hotel; it may be complimentary (you have to pay for better quality) but should still be far faster. Had I been here on business I would have been annoyed to pay more for a usable service. Room service breakfast of eggs benedict with crab cakes in place of ham was ok - very stodgy crab cakes.

In summary, I would stay again if I got a low rate; my rate was much lower than offered directly on their website. The direct price would not be value for money, albeit the hotel is in a great location.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank PuttersLondon
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great hotel for PAX East event. Not too far provided you are OK with travelling to and from the expo hall via shuttle, which is provided for free. Free WiFi that was fast enough to run videos off of the web and very stable. Excellent buffet breakfast is also a big plus. Very difficult to fault.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris O
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in an Executive Room, which was comfortable, quiet, and ideally located. The service is excellent, from the moment you walk in. The elevators, unlike some other older hotels, are quick, and the Boston Cream Pie in the restaurant or bar is unlike any you've ever had--truly the best. You can walk anywhere from here because it is really in the center of everything.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive Room because there was no issue with noise--which I've read was an issue fo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple