“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mobile, Alabama
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed three nights at this hotel and loved every minute of our stay. The location was perfect for tourists to be able to walk to several historical places, and easy access to trolleys that ran all day long. Even in the daily rain, we were able to see the city sights. We ate at the restaurants for breakfast and dinner. All the meals were pricey, but well worth it. The service was outstanding, as well as the food. Our room was beautiful, although quite small. The size was fine for us, though. Each morning we had coffee and/or juice waiting for us at our door at the exact time we requested it. The beds were very comfortable, and it was very quiet for us to get great sleep. The staff was fantastic, and every need we had was quickly met. Even in the rain, the doorman stood out in the street to hail us a cab. We know we will return to this hotel the next time we are in Boston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Aubie85
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind remarks and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Boston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (907)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. We needed 2 rooms for 6 people, & my online search came up with this gem: we had a package called "on a whim". A very classy hotel, staff were excellent; The concierge emailed me to ask if she could be of any help: she answered my questions & upgraded us to a King Executive corner suite & connecting double beds room with a great view. We were able to check in online ahead of time, then cut the queu at the reservations desk & pick up our room keys. Staff were very friendly from the front desk, concierge, bell men, & restaurant. I recommend the Boston Cream Pie (we ate at Last Hurrah's-on site). We all felt that we received very good service & value for our stay. Would return in a heart beat!

Room Tip: King suites with corner views are very nice. Online check in ahead of time is useful too.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise B
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
And we certainly hope that you do return soon! Many thanks for your positive review!
Lombard, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is a disgusting, filthy place. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. We booked via Hotwire and were treated like animals. We booked a room for two adults and were assigned a slightly smaller than double bed. We are two healthy adults, and our legs were hanging off the bed. The room had mold and bugs throughout. The walls are paper thin and there are NO electrical outlets in the room, so if you need to charge a cell phone, too bad! The bathroom was so small that the door couldn't be closed if someone was in the bathroom. The staff was abysmal. Calling this hotel 4 star is a pathetic joke.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank fourlinedpinky
The room this guest received is in the category specified for Hotwire reservations and is suitable for two adults. We understand they may have had other expectations and regret their disappointment, which seems to have impacted their entire stay.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Booked two rooms at the Omni-one with two double beds and a king suite. The room with two double beds was extremely small. Hard to manuever with suitcases and two people. The king suite was great! Very roomy. The bathrooms in both rooms were only big enough for one person at a time. The view from the king suite looked right into someone's office. We could see them at work. Don't know if they could see in our room as easily. We were on the 4th floor. The bellmen and concierge were very helpful and friendly. Overall I found this to be a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a suite if possible. Other rooms extremely small.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank garland6105
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and please contact us directly for your next stay and will do our best to improve your views!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked a night in this hotel with my boyfriend through Priceline. My experience was very similar to the reviewer below.

The room was tiny and only had a double bed, and the window looked into a pretty gross alley. I've used Priceline a bunch of times in the past and have always gotten a queen or king-sized bed when booking for two people, since two normal-sized adults usually have a tough time stuffing themselves into a double bed. We requested a bigger bed and were told we'd have to pay another $50, on top of the $120 we'd already paid for the room. Because I'd booked on Priceline, I was locked in and couldn't cancel and go somewhere else. It seems misleading to lock customers into a stay with a bed that's not normally offered to two guests, and this is the only Priceline hotel I've stayed in where this has been a problem. Obviously the location is great, but getting stuck in a closet with a tiny bed to sleep in sort of ruins the fun of a trip.

Maybe this would be a good place to stay if you're only one person (unless they decide to stick you in a twin bed?), but if you're a couple, it's not the best choice. I've stayed in the Courtyard in Coolidge Corner for about half the cost of this place, and it was nicer, bigger, friendlier staff, free WiFi (The Omni Parker charges $15 a night), bigger bed, and 15 minutes from the heart of Boston. Won't be making this mistake again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vanessa V
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
In our opinion, Priceline guests receive great value for an historic hotel in a wonderful location. Yes, some of our guestrooms are smaller compared to more modern hotels and the very favorable rates offered via Priceline take this into account.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I will start off my saying the bell men were fabulous! My experience went down hill fast from there.
In my 9 years of above traveling, I have purchased my hotels by naming my own price on priceline 50 times or more. This is the 1st hotel, i was made to feel like i got the runt of the hotel because of my "bargain they chose to give me." I understand that you are not guaranteed the best room with priceline, but the front desk receptionist doesn't have be little you, as the lady helping me did.
This Traditional room could not have been more than 200sq ft if that. The double bed(small for 2 people but okay) takes up 80% of the room. The bathroom was so small, no counter space! all you will have is some small shelves above the toilet! I don't think much as been up dated since the 50's and thats being generousI could go on and on... Other than the bellman i can only say 1 other good thing, nice location.
bottom line- DON'T STAY IN A TRADITIONAL(OLD!!) ROOM. Can't comment on any other room because they wanted me to pay another $100 a night for a larger room.
I will not be back and will think twice about naming my price in this area of Boston again, in fear i may get this hotel!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else if you book on priceline!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank silverstreak32
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
We regret that this guest didn't enjoy their stay with us and hope that they may be willing to give us another try on a future trip to Boston.