8,906 results
All reviews boston cream pie freedom trail last hurrah parker house rolls select guest jfk proposed to jackie great location historical hotel rooms are small deluxe room an older hotel historic boston within walking distance quincy market central location faneuil hall the north end
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at the Omni for a night for a quick get-away. I love this hotel! Last time we stayed the noise from the hallway and city traffic bothered me so when we arrived this time they had a bottle of wine in the room and a noise machine with ocean waves and other white noise alternatives. It was great! Some of the older hotels we stay at have small rooms and you can hear things pretty clear so I am used to that but the people at Omni try to make everyone's stay enjoyable. We love the food there and you can't beat the price for a Boston hotel. Of course, the Four Season is spectacular but you pay dearly for all the amenties and the larger rooms. The bar is so comfortable at the Omni Parker and the breakfast is great! The bed looked small as we usually stay in a king but it was perfect and so comfortable. We will stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter and you don't hear the street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thanks very much for your review and we hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wi-fi for free only in the lobby. This attracts a lot of people who are not guests of the hotel, who sit on the couches and armchairs in the lobby at all times. Personnel is really nice, there is also a concierge desk dedicated to tourist information and they can help you organize your stay. There are 4 elevators, so you don't usually have to wait to get one, but I was there in low-season so don't take this for granted if you visit during the summer or other holidays. Within 5 minutes walking distance there is everything you need: parks, churches, restaurants, metro stations... The lack of free wi-fi in the room is the reason i didn't give 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Volagratis

WiFi is free when you enroll in our Select Guest loyalty program, also complimentary.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Like many large hotels today, you have to join
a club to receive even a modicum of service. The front desk experience was slow and i competent. I had booked through a service and prepaid which was probably a mistake. I was fi ally assigned a room across from the elevator. I asked for and received a change. The new room was nicely decorated but very tight. it was hard to get from my bed to the bathroom without hitting the very sharp corner of the entertainment center. The room was very quiet, a plus.
The dining room was also quiet, with good food a d waitstaff,but thoughtless hosts and hostesses eager to give you a bad table in an empty restaurant. they definitely have work to do.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We regret that your experiences weren't up to par and hope that you'll give us another chance in the future! Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is located about two blocks from the T line, so transportation around Boston was not an issue. It's got a very impressive lobby, and the elevators are in the olden style.

The room I stayed in had a king bed and came with a mini bar, but it was kind of a tight squeeze. The bathroom was very nice but was incredibly cramped. I mean, the toilet was right up against the wall and door cramped. Other reviews have stated that the walls were very thin, and they certainly are. One can hear average conversations from next door, and some road noise to a certain extent.

The Last Hurrah bar was a blast from the past, and the bartenders and drinks were excellent. I did not check out the food there however.

Check-in and check out were a breeze, and aside from an erroneous wifi usage charge (which was quickly corrected) the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

We appreciate your comments about our service levels and hope to have you return soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights in April 2013. We loved the location of this hotel. Walking distance to everything. I thought that the $40 per night valet parking was excessive, but in a major city it's probably the same. It was clean and the we had no issues with service . Price was also acceptable for Boston. I have noticed that room sizes are kind of small, but it was plenty big for 2 people. We would return again .

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and, yes, parking in Boston is expensive. Our valet rate of $39.75 per night is the second lowest for downtown hotels.