8,795 results
All reviewsboston cream piefreedom traillast hurrahparker house rollsselect guestjfk proposed to jackiegreat locationhistorical hotelrooms are smallan older hoteldeluxe roomhistoric bostonwithin walking distancequincy marketcentral locationfaneuil hallthe north end
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights in April 2013. We loved the location of this hotel. Walking distance to everything. I thought that the $40 per night valet parking was excessive, but in a major city it's probably the same. It was clean and the we had no issues with service . Price was also acceptable for Boston. I have noticed that room sizes are kind of small, but it was plenty big for 2 people. We would return again .

• Stayed: April 2013
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and, yes, parking in Boston is expensive. Our valet rate of $39.75 per night is the second lowest for downtown hotels.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

It is a very good hotel. It is centrally located, it has comfortable rooms and very good service. However it is less and less tenable to not have free wifi access. You can get it here, but you have to join their loyalty program.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rsling
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thanks for you feedback and as our Select Guest loyalty program is complimentary and offers many other perks beyond free WiFi, why not join?

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked this hotel based on reviews and hoping for something central and we were not disappointed. The hotel is really well located just a few minutes from Boston Common, Downtown Crossing and Faneuil market, and even places a bit further afield like North end and Boylston St were easy to walk to. The hotel has a real old glamour feel to it, the rooms are small but with everything you need and quite possibly the comfiest beds I've ever had in a hotel!

Make sure to sign up for the Select guest loyalty program before you go! It's free and the extras are great, free Wifi in your room, drinks and newspaper delivered to your room each morning and more. For our kids we appreciated the backpack full of toys and the milk and cookie in the room when we arrived, there were a lot of nice little extras.

The only reason I didn't give the Omni 5 stars was that I had requested a king room with crib and we got a double with no crib. They did bring the crib up but there wasn't much room for it and with no bed linen so we had to make it up ourselves. Also the door staff were usually standing around talking and didn't open the door very often for you unless you had bags and were likely to tip them. But apart from that a very good option to stay in Boston.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We apologize for the error with the crib, thank you for your comments and hope to have you and your family back again!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on business and loved it from a business and personal perspective.

Sign up for free to their Omni members club and get free wifi over your stay, free shoe shines, free coffee delivered to your room at whatever time you want (plus there's free coffee in rooms anyway) and lots more benefits..

The history of the building itself is fascinating and I took to exploring the 3rd and 10th floors looking for some alleged Ghouls and Ghosts.. Whilst I didn't see or experience anything (I was also staying on the 10th) it did make the hotel stay that much more fun in my eyes.

Restaurant and bars are all fantastic (plus the gym is really nice). Central to many things around walkable Boston. I also bumped into a congressman during their stay at the hotel (and their HUGE security guards) whilst taking some photos of the haunted rooms on floor 3. (Yes, they must have thought I was a nutter)..

Looking forward to staying there again very soon.

Room Tip: JFK proposed to Jackie O here on table number 5 in the restaurant. Maybe recreate that with your loved one ;-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thanks for your great review! A small item but it's table #40 where JFK proposed to Jackie, not #5.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year and recently, when I was in Boston for a work event, snuck away to get a taste of their delicious Boston Cream Pie. I cannot wait to visit the Parker House on my next visit to Boston. It was wonderful. The rooms are small, but nice. It is an older hotel! The location cannot be beat and the customer service was excellent. We went to the bar a few times to get the Boston Cream pie! I typically don't eat high carb foods, but I broke my carb fast for Omni. It is my favorite place to stay in Boston.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks for your great comments and for being a fan of our Boston Cream Pie! Hope to have you return soon.