8,799 results
All reviewsboston cream piefreedom traillast hurrahparker house rollsselect guestjfk proposed to jackiegreat locationhistorical hotelrooms are smallan older hoteldeluxe roomhistoric bostonwithin walking distancequincy marketcentral locationfaneuil hallthe north end
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked this hotel based on reviews and hoping for something central and we were not disappointed. The hotel is really well located just a few minutes from Boston Common, Downtown Crossing and Faneuil market, and even places a bit further afield like North end and Boylston St were easy to walk to. The hotel has a real old glamour feel to it, the rooms are small but with everything you need and quite possibly the comfiest beds I've ever had in a hotel!

Make sure to sign up for the Select guest loyalty program before you go! It's free and the extras are great, free Wifi in your room, drinks and newspaper delivered to your room each morning and more. For our kids we appreciated the backpack full of toys and the milk and cookie in the room when we arrived, there were a lot of nice little extras.

The only reason I didn't give the Omni 5 stars was that I had requested a king room with crib and we got a double with no crib. They did bring the crib up but there wasn't much room for it and with no bed linen so we had to make it up ourselves. Also the door staff were usually standing around talking and didn't open the door very often for you unless you had bags and were likely to tip them. But apart from that a very good option to stay in Boston.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

We apologize for the error with the crib, thank you for your comments and hope to have you and your family back again!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on business and loved it from a business and personal perspective.

Sign up for free to their Omni members club and get free wifi over your stay, free shoe shines, free coffee delivered to your room at whatever time you want (plus there's free coffee in rooms anyway) and lots more benefits..

The history of the building itself is fascinating and I took to exploring the 3rd and 10th floors looking for some alleged Ghouls and Ghosts.. Whilst I didn't see or experience anything (I was also staying on the 10th) it did make the hotel stay that much more fun in my eyes.

Restaurant and bars are all fantastic (plus the gym is really nice). Central to many things around walkable Boston. I also bumped into a congressman during their stay at the hotel (and their HUGE security guards) whilst taking some photos of the haunted rooms on floor 3. (Yes, they must have thought I was a nutter)..

Looking forward to staying there again very soon.

Room Tip: JFK proposed to Jackie O here on table number 5 in the restaurant. Maybe recreate that with your loved one ;-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thanks for your great review! A small item but it's table #40 where JFK proposed to Jackie, not #5.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year and recently, when I was in Boston for a work event, snuck away to get a taste of their delicious Boston Cream Pie. I cannot wait to visit the Parker House on my next visit to Boston. It was wonderful. The rooms are small, but nice. It is an older hotel! The location cannot be beat and the customer service was excellent. We went to the bar a few times to get the Boston Cream pie! I typically don't eat high carb foods, but I broke my carb fast for Omni. It is my favorite place to stay in Boston.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks for your great comments and for being a fan of our Boston Cream Pie! Hope to have you return soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in the hotel in early April. It could not be more centrally located, all sights practically on the doorstep.
Our room was a little on the small side , as was the bed and it was quite high.Smaller people would need a step to get in.
One important pointer, read the instructions regarding the WiFi, it is not free unless you read the leaflet in the room.Do not connect without reading, otherwise you will be charged.
This said, we would have no hesitation in recommending The Omni Parker to visitors.

Room Tip: Check room sizes.................
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

A good tip about the WiFi because if you join our free Select Guest program, then deluxe WiFi service is also complimentary along with several other perks. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I used to celebrate our anniversaries by spending weekends at The Parker House years ago. it really is a venerable old hotel and I'm glad to see it's been nicely kept up. My daughter and I recently went in to see a play in Boston at the Opera House and stayed overnight. The vast lobby never fails to impress upon entering, but I do think they could turn the lights on a little brighter. The chandeliers were dimly lit, creating a somber atmosphere. This was especially evident the next morning when we went in for breakfast in Parker's, the grand dining room. The curtains covered the windows so the only light was coming from the (dimly lit) chandeliers. We had blueberry pancakes, and although the maple syrup was the real thing, I believe the pancakes were made with Bisquit (sp) mix and tasted thin and unappealing. The sausage had a strong taste and was greasy. The previous night, returning from the play, we were too late for the hotel's restaurant so we ordered room service. For $14 (plus a 14% tax and a $3 service fee, neither covering the gratuity, I received three sliders the size of hockey pucks on a platter. I'm afraid they were as dry as beef jerky. My daughter got a cheese steak sandwich which she said was greasy. We had the famous Parker House rolls, but they lacked the flavor I remember from years back. Although the service was professional and the room immaculate ('tho small; after all, this is America's oldest operating hotel), the kitchen has room for improvement and I hope they work on this before the tourist influx.

Room Tip: When we arrived we were given Room 636 which looked into another building. Dark and dreary! We immediately called the front desk and were given 616, which overlooked Old City Hall, a much better location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for the constructive feedback regarding our food. We can assure you that the pancake mix is made in-house and apologize for the aberrant experiences you had of our food and beverage products. Your comments will be seen by those who can improve our consistency in this area.