8,791 results
All reviewsboston cream piefreedom traillast hurrahparker house rollsselect guestjfk proposed to jackiegreat locationhistorical hotelrooms are smallan older hoteldeluxe roomhistoric bostonwithin walking distancequincy marketcentral locationfaneuil hallthe north end
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year and recently, when I was in Boston for a work event, snuck away to get a taste of their delicious Boston Cream Pie. I cannot wait to visit the Parker House on my next visit to Boston. It was wonderful. The rooms are small, but nice. It is an older hotel! The location cannot be beat and the customer service was excellent. We went to the bar a few times to get the Boston Cream pie! I typically don't eat high carb foods, but I broke my carb fast for Omni. It is my favorite place to stay in Boston.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks for your great comments and for being a fan of our Boston Cream Pie! Hope to have you return soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in the hotel in early April. It could not be more centrally located, all sights practically on the doorstep.
Our room was a little on the small side , as was the bed and it was quite high.Smaller people would need a step to get in.
One important pointer, read the instructions regarding the WiFi, it is not free unless you read the leaflet in the room.Do not connect without reading, otherwise you will be charged.
This said, we would have no hesitation in recommending The Omni Parker to visitors.

Room Tip: Check room sizes.................
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

A good tip about the WiFi because if you join our free Select Guest program, then deluxe WiFi service is also complimentary along with several other perks. Thanks for your review!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I used to celebrate our anniversaries by spending weekends at The Parker House years ago. it really is a venerable old hotel and I'm glad to see it's been nicely kept up. My daughter and I recently went in to see a play in Boston at the Opera House and stayed overnight. The vast lobby never fails to impress upon entering, but I do think they could turn the lights on a little brighter. The chandeliers were dimly lit, creating a somber atmosphere. This was especially evident the next morning when we went in for breakfast in Parker's, the grand dining room. The curtains covered the windows so the only light was coming from the (dimly lit) chandeliers. We had blueberry pancakes, and although the maple syrup was the real thing, I believe the pancakes were made with Bisquit (sp) mix and tasted thin and unappealing. The sausage had a strong taste and was greasy. The previous night, returning from the play, we were too late for the hotel's restaurant so we ordered room service. For $14 (plus a 14% tax and a $3 service fee, neither covering the gratuity, I received three sliders the size of hockey pucks on a platter. I'm afraid they were as dry as beef jerky. My daughter got a cheese steak sandwich which she said was greasy. We had the famous Parker House rolls, but they lacked the flavor I remember from years back. Although the service was professional and the room immaculate ('tho small; after all, this is America's oldest operating hotel), the kitchen has room for improvement and I hope they work on this before the tourist influx.

Room Tip: When we arrived we were given Room 636 which looked into another building. Dark and dreary! We immediately called the front desk and were given 616, which overlooked Old City Hall, a much better location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for the constructive feedback regarding our food. We can assure you that the pancake mix is made in-house and apologize for the aberrant experiences you had of our food and beverage products. Your comments will be seen by those who can improve our consistency in this area.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am a huge history buff and LOVED staying in a hotel that Malcolm X and Ho Chi Minh worked in, and where JFK proposed to Jackie O and announced his political campaign! Yes it's dated but it's not supposed to be modern! it's more traditional and very charming. Service was great, valet parking was a wonderful thing since we walked everywhere, the breakfast buffet is great (a little costly though). We ordered the Boston Cream dessert to be delivered to our room upon arrival which is a great touch. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the bathroom- there was no vent to turn on and no window in there so that wasn't fun. But the bed was comfortable and the location of the hotel can NOT be beat (right ON the freedom trail). We enjoyed a nightcap at the bar in the hotel (The Last Hurrah)- they have a full drink menu with many choices- excellent! Overall, a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thanks very much for mentioning our central location and historical significance! We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wonderful hotel in great location with sumptuous lobby and fabulous restaurant. My room and bathroom weren't the biggest but perfectly good with everything you need. Lots of space for meeting people and with The Last Hurrah a great bar to watch the world scurry past. The restaurant is fabulous, the room, the service and the food - wow to the chowder. Great service throughout. Only grumble is the lifts were a bit loud in my room.

Room Tip: Lifts were a bit load from my room 1415
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and we'll do our best to place you in a quieter room next time!