8,845 results
All reviews boston cream pie freedom trail last hurrah parker house rolls select guest jfk proposed to jackie great location historical hotel rooms are small an older hotel deluxe room historic boston within walking distance quincy market central location faneuil hall the north end
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I used to celebrate our anniversaries by spending weekends at The Parker House years ago. it really is a venerable old hotel and I'm glad to see it's been nicely kept up. My daughter and I recently went in to see a play in Boston at the Opera House and stayed overnight. The vast lobby never fails to impress upon entering, but I do think they could turn the lights on a little brighter. The chandeliers were dimly lit, creating a somber atmosphere. This was especially evident the next morning when we went in for breakfast in Parker's, the grand dining room. The curtains covered the windows so the only light was coming from the (dimly lit) chandeliers. We had blueberry pancakes, and although the maple syrup was the real thing, I believe the pancakes were made with Bisquit (sp) mix and tasted thin and unappealing. The sausage had a strong taste and was greasy. The previous night, returning from the play, we were too late for the hotel's restaurant so we ordered room service. For $14 (plus a 14% tax and a $3 service fee, neither covering the gratuity, I received three sliders the size of hockey pucks on a platter. I'm afraid they were as dry as beef jerky. My daughter got a cheese steak sandwich which she said was greasy. We had the famous Parker House rolls, but they lacked the flavor I remember from years back. Although the service was professional and the room immaculate ('tho small; after all, this is America's oldest operating hotel), the kitchen has room for improvement and I hope they work on this before the tourist influx.

Room Tip: When we arrived we were given Room 636 which looked into another building. Dark and dreary! We immediately called the front desk and were given 616, which overlooked Old City Hall, a much better location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for the constructive feedback regarding our food. We can assure you that the pancake mix is made in-house and apologize for the aberrant experiences you had of our food and beverage products. Your comments will be seen by those who can improve our consistency in this area.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am a huge history buff and LOVED staying in a hotel that Malcolm X and Ho Chi Minh worked in, and where JFK proposed to Jackie O and announced his political campaign! Yes it's dated but it's not supposed to be modern! it's more traditional and very charming. Service was great, valet parking was a wonderful thing since we walked everywhere, the breakfast buffet is great (a little costly though). We ordered the Boston Cream dessert to be delivered to our room upon arrival which is a great touch. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the bathroom- there was no vent to turn on and no window in there so that wasn't fun. But the bed was comfortable and the location of the hotel can NOT be beat (right ON the freedom trail). We enjoyed a nightcap at the bar in the hotel (The Last Hurrah)- they have a full drink menu with many choices- excellent! Overall, a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thanks very much for mentioning our central location and historical significance! We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wonderful hotel in great location with sumptuous lobby and fabulous restaurant. My room and bathroom weren't the biggest but perfectly good with everything you need. Lots of space for meeting people and with The Last Hurrah a great bar to watch the world scurry past. The restaurant is fabulous, the room, the service and the food - wow to the chowder. Great service throughout. Only grumble is the lifts were a bit loud in my room.

Room Tip: Lifts were a bit load from my room 1415
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and we'll do our best to place you in a quieter room next time!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We enjoyed a stay here during the weekend in which Boston was on Lock-Down following the Boston Marathon bombing. The hotel is stunning and our 2-room suite was spacious, lovely and THE best deal for parents with young children because they slept in one room while we enjoyed the master suite without worrying about waking the baby! TVs in both rooms, useful mini-fridge, fantastic food from Room Service and AWESOME service, especially from hotel celebrity Seamus! Walking distance to most attractions and amazing restaurants and bars. We will be back!

Room Tip: Great deal using the "On a Whim" deal!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Many, many thanks for your kind remarks about our hotel and we're pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay! We hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Been to the Parker House many times and I am pleased with the results but not thrilled. The staff is attentive and helpful. The room are small by US standards but this is an older prop and no points off for that. The bathroom and the ammenities within the room are great. Be sure to sign up for the Omni loyality program = free wifi, morning paper with hot beverage at your door. Fitness center is well appointed. Only negative is the lobby which is crowded and not very welcoming - other than that Omni is doing a great job.

Room Tip: High floor and be sure to join the Omni membership program
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Stoweboard
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Good tip about joining our loyalty program, Select Guest, so thanks for mentioning it. During the busy season, our lobby is a gathering point for many guests and we regret you did not find this enjoyable.