8,785 results
All reviewsboston cream piefreedom traillast hurrahparker house rollsselect guestjfk proposed to jackiegreat locationhistorical hotelrooms are smallan older hoteldeluxe roomhistoric bostonwithin walking distancequincy marketcentral locationfaneuil hallthe north end
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here and I still dream about that bed. Soooooo comfortable, Oh my goodness. Room was very clean and the lounge is super cozy with awesome drinks and yes, warm nuts, yes I said it. What more can a girl ask for? The Omni has an old school feel, and that to me makes it feel less of a hotel, and more appealing after a long day in the city.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a double deluxe room,beds very comfortable had geat nights sleep at times i could hear my neighbours talking as it seemed the walls were thin but it was very minamal, the hotels decor is in keeping with its history of the late 1800's early 1900's, if you are looking for a modern hotel then this is not the one for you but if you want something steeped in history this is the place, it's even on the tour bus route!!! if you choose to stay check out the hunted mirror and eat some of it's famous boston cream pie in The last hurrah bar, if you want a cheeky cocktail try the Omni Sparkler!! Location is key you are in walking distance to the Boston common and to Faneuil Hall and the freedom trail if you are looking for designer shops that are located in Copley square you will need to take the T from Boston common.
If you are looking for a hotel with friendly,helpful staff that is in a central location steeped in history from Dickins to JFK then this is the one for you.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank egan1234
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

We agree with your observation that our hotel is better suited to travelers seeking an authentic sense of history and not just another contemporary, cookie-cutter hotel. Thanks for your good review and for mentioning one of our house specials, the "Omni Sparkler"!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Lovely hotel, excellent service and friendly staff. Its located ideally with easy access to the financial district, transport and key attractions as well as the business district. The rooms were clean and well decorated. I loved the lobby and the hotel has done well to keep up the old charm going without looking run down.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank whataboutthecustomer

Many thanks for your great review and we look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a great stay. Hotel was very classy with a charm from times past. My room was the traditional, it was small, but good enough. Service was great, restuarant on premises was terrific and convenient (didnt want to leave the warm toasty area) It was nicely situated in a part of town where you could walk to most historical sites. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MvF_12
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We appreciate you mentioning our central location for visiting many of Boston's historical sites, as well as your positive comments about our services. Thanks very much!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Family vacation in Aug. 2011 for one week - me, my wife, and our toddler. Had stayed at an Omni in San Antonio before and loved it so booked the Parker House Omni in Boston without hestiation. Stay was good overall after a bit of a bumpy start. Room didn't have the mini-fridge or child's portable sleeper I had requested well in advance. They forgot the complimentary child's milk & cookie first night as part of their preferred guest program (sign up...it's free and totally worth it). Was very hectic checking in and baggage manager (not sure what to call him but he was wearing a suit) disappeared on us after we asked for our bags that were off to the side roped off with many others to clear some room for everyone checking in. We went up to our room and my wife went back down for our bags -- luckily since it seems we were supposed to be given a claim ticket and weren't when we first arrived so no one knew which bags were ours. Hotel is very well kept, clearly a bit older but nice.....fits the historical nature of a lot of downtown Boston. Get a King suite if you can, more space....but will say that no matter what room you get, bathrooms are just small....way they were back in the day, so just prepare for that mentally and you'll manage. Friendly staff, no issues there after check in apart from not getting turn down a few nights, part of the preferred member thing again....a perk, so more minor bummer than big deal. Hotel location is AWESOME.....you can walk just about everywhere, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, the Aquarium, Boston Common, North End for great Italian, most attractions, etc. The only times we were further out was taking their MBTA (rail transit) to Sam Adams Brewery for a tour (ok, I said we, that was just for dad) , a Fenway tour, and to do a day in Salem (fun, recommend it). You do not need a car if you stay here to see most of the attractions. The duck boat harbour tour was fun, visits to Cheers and Fenway were fun, and the Aquarium is a blast for kids. Everyone in Boston was very very friendly -- only issue there was the one classless genius who tore through the side streets the morning it was raining and drenched our toddler are tearing through a puddle while we walked to the Aquarium. Lines are long and we had to go back and get her changed but still got in before the line was too out of hand....in part because we used a Go Select Boston pass that lets you skip some lines -- recommend it, saves you money if you intend to see a number of attractions. An Upper Deck tour bus is a good way to see a lot of the attaction sites scattered around the city in one shot. Food wise -- standouts are Union Oyster House, places around Quincy Market and some of the Italian places in the North End. Quincy market has a lot of good variety and good quality for a 'fast food' type feel....get the seafood chowder in the bread bowl if you get there early enough, they run out fast! The food at the Parker House itself was 'ok'.....had dinner, was solid, just that nothing seemed to stand out as memorable. Bit pricey but you're paying for the history too, right? Had the obligatory Boston Creme Pie there since it originated there....underwhelming, kind of dry. Off day or I'm just not into Boston Creme Pie, I guess. Same view of the 'original' Parker House rolls.....could have come from any supermarket and I wouldn't have known the difference. Service staff was super, though, and breakfast was great. They also gave us some free wings on arrival because there was a delay getting the room ready, so I respected that. Also to the Omni's credit, I did voice my opinion to them later about some of the 'hiccup's with the room readiness, the hit and miss on some of the preferred member perks, etc. and they gave me a voucher for a free one night stay in the future.....really appreciated that. Nothing was 'oh, I'll never stay here again', just some off points vs. the Omni I'd been at before, and they recognized that. Would recommend staying here.....hotel is very nice looking, staff is very good overall and the location just cannot be beat. And even if I wasn't a huge fan of their Creme pie or rolls, I can still say I went to Boston and stayed where they were born.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better for less noise, and a room with a King bed is a decent size
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OakieRF
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

We apologize for the service issues you experienced when you stayed with us but thank you for your overall nice comments about our hotel.