“Super Room, Outstanding Service, Beautiful Historic Hotel”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Super Room, Outstanding Service, Beautiful Historic Hotel”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of holding an event in the ballroom of this wonderful Omni as part of my stay. When you first enter the hotel, the lobby is amazing and you can almost feel the history. Valets and Bell Captains were in abundance and check in was smooth and enjoyable with smiles from everyone on their staff. Our event was held in their roof top ballroom. The view at the top is fantastic and the room is gorgeous! The food and service were outstanding. This hotel is the home of Parker House Rolls and Boston Cream Pie. Both were on our menu and they were terrific. The wait staff and event managers could not do enough for us. Everyone was super efficient and yet we never felt rushed. There were over 230 in our group and they all came away thrilled with the entire evening. Our room was equally impressive. We had a small suite with a very comfortable sitting area. The bed (king size) was warm and comfortable. The room was filled with several "comfort" amenities including snacks, sodas, and a coffee maker. My wife enjoyed the convenient vanity table and small separate dressing area with closets. The bath was small but spotless and what we lost in space was made up for with a very nice convenience shelf for our personal items. We're not sure about a pool or a spa in the hotel. Frankly we weren't interested in either considering the purpose of our visit. The hotel is conveniently located near many of the primary city destinations. Be sure to ask the staff about the history of the hotel.....from John F. Kennedy to Charles Dickens. If you want to wrap yourself in charm and history, the Omni Parker House will take care of that and more.

Room Tip: Seek a room on an upper floor for a great view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I booked last minute, and paid top dollar for the room here. I remember the hotel having an excellent location, and I enjoyed walking the parks and nearby attractions. Plenty of dining and social options both in and nearby hotel. My room was very large (perhaps because I booked last minute and paid I think rack rates), plenty of space for work, couch & TV, and bed. Typical amenities for a business class room.

Personally, I love staying in historic districts and historic hotels. The Omni did not disappoint.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for a short weekend getaway , excellent location, you can pretty much walk everywhere. Feedom trail, boston harbor , quincy market are just few blocks away . Our check-in was smooth. The lobby is nice,clean and pretty big but the rooms are very small. I was prepared for a small room after I read reviews beforehand but still I felt pretty trapped in there !!! However they have comfortable bed and pillows. If you are going to spend a lot of time away and just need a place to rest then probably its a good choice but if you plan to stay for longer in room you might wanna think twice about it. Also be ready for $40 valet parking !!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at Omni Parker House for a weekend in July 2012 so I could attend a friend's wedding. After much careful research of hotels throughout the Boston area, I chose Omni Parker House for two reasons:
1. It was the only hotel that promised a comfortable stay (e.g., decent beds, breakfast is more than a box of pastries, etc.) without the price of a four-star hotel (e.g., Ritz, Four Seasons, etc.).
2. My husband was injured and I was six months pregnant, so I knew we wouldn't be able to do much sightseeing. As the oldest hotel in America and with the famous Parker House restaurant, Omni was its own tourist destination. We could still experience a piece of Boston without leaving our hotel.
Omni Parker House not only met but exceeded my expectations. The rooms, staff, and original 19th century decor did not disappoint. My husband said their clam chowder was the best he ever had, and their Boston cream pie is a must-have. I strongly recommend the hotel, especially to those planning a short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellaire, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed here for a meeting my husband was attending in Boston. It is supposedly the oldest continuing operating hotel in the country, and is also supposedly haunted. I didn't see and ghosts, though. The service is excellent, and if you join their free loyalty program, Select Guest, you get free Wi-Fi (no limit on number of devices) and free coffee delivered to your room every morning! We were there during Hurricane Sandy and ate in the restaurant that evening. They were very busy, but the food and service were great. I WAS disappointed by the "original" Boston cream pie, but had to try it. The rooms are small, but hey, it's an old hotel in a big city. The only things I would have liked in the room that they didn't have were a make-up mirror and a comfortable chair. Nice high thread count sheets, comfortably firm mattress and good pillows made for good sleeping! They were also able to add an extra night to our stay when our flight plans were delayed. I will definitely be looking at Omni in the future, just for the free Wi-Fi and coffee :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PamelaN250
Doylestown, PA
Reviewed November 15, 2012

There are few hotels that you can walk to the North End, the Waterfront, South Station, Boston Common & Newbury Street in Boston. I love staying at the Omni Parker House (rooms are old time small but ample) Lots of T Stops all around. The Last Hurrah bar off the lobby has a nice selection of scotch and the bartender Martin has been their for 42 years. I have stayed here a few time and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Older hotel smack-dab in the center of Boston, close to many business and tourist areas. It is showing it's age however with fraying carpets in the hallways and a small, claustrophobic guest room that was in need of a refresh. The main lobby and restaurant has survived the years better and exudes a sense of old-fashioned class and sophistication. With all that being said, for the price as compared to other hotels in the area, it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business