“Hmmmm tough one - Nice hotel but has drawbacks”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #49 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The property is a nice historic property. I found the staff helpful, hotel was clean, location is close to many good restaurants but I had the following issues:

1. Rooms are tiny. The hit my elbows as I was trying to use the sink.
2. Not enough plugs in room to plug in three devices to charge.
3. Lobby while historically welcoming is dark and dreary.
4. No A/C in hallways. Very hot.
5. Bottle of water, in room, cost $7. I know Boston is not cheap - but come on - $7?
6. We had to circle the block for almost 15 min while waiting for a space to open in front of the hotel so we could check in.

It was nice that Internet wireless was fast and free.

I'm sure some people will enjoy this hotel but it was not for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bbeam
Write a ReviewReviews (8,135)

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Picked this hotel based on reviews here and price for other 4 star hotels in Boston and we were very impressed. The hotel looks every bit as good as it does in its website photos. We arrived by train from N.Y.C. taxi to the hotel,(under $10) and were shown to a great room on a corner, not a great view but it is in the city centre surrounded by other buildings! The staff were very polite and helpful and nothing was to much trouble (tips..). Ate once in the hotel bar and the meal was fine but you will pay hotel prices but you know that don`t you! Did a waking tour which was excellent and would also recommend the duck tour. The hotel could`nt be better placed for getting around with most things within an easy walk. Would recommend the Bean town pub and the Union oyster house. Quincey market and the sea front are also buzzing with life. Overall we loved Boston and if and when we return would go back to the Parker house.

Room Tip: Corner room was very spacious but you might be overlooked from nearby buildings.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stuart t
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed at the Omni while in Boston for a seminar/training course being held at the hotel. The common areas of the hotel are impressive and give you a feeling of what the hotel must have been like at the turn of the 20th Century. The staff was friendly and helpful even though the hotel was incredibly busy during my stay. My room was nice and well appointed, and the bed was very comfortable. My only two negative comments come from the size of the bathroom (tiny) and the wireless internet connection. Being away from the office for the week meant that I was trying to check-in occasionally via my laptop. However, the wifi in the hotel was horrible. Between the computer and my phone I was never sure if I would get a connection, or whether I would have to restart them to get them to connect. Additionally, the cell reception while in the lower levels of the hotel was horrible. Not something the Omni can really change, just be aware of it.

Room Tip: Upper rooms will likely have a somewhat better view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We loved this hotel. It was historic but kept up very well and clean. The rooms are small but I felt it part of the charm especially with just 2 people; anymore people it would have felt cramped. Before we went we joined the loyalty program for free which gave us free WiFi and drinks delivered in the morning (juice, coffee etc.). Definitely take the time to do this before you go. Location is great! We will for sure stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hay3319
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great position in Boston. Rooms small with 2 double beds making it impossible to know where to put bags. Concerge was able to give us directions and map to Fenway park using public transport as we went to red sox game which was great. Railway system is overcrowded, very old and rickety.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Obeone56
Reviewed August 12, 2012

From the very first day we were treated so well by all the staff! The rooms were smaller than what we are used to staying at, so I'm glad I reserved two rooms (one for my husband and I and the other for our kids). Free wi-fi kept me connected to work when I needed to be. Loved the Boston Cream Pie push ups!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bruinjules
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

was there for 4 days had a fabulous experiencrv the staff was well trained and met every need above and beyond. will be the only place I ever stay in boston.
each night in our room we had been delivered a special nibble by the staff it was so wonderful to have that close attention paid to us
our conciere jt was so informative and the to every need.

• Stayed: August 2012