“Good Centrally located hotel”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 23, 2011

A couple mentions on this hotel-first, they told me that their liquor license didn't allow them to allow patrons to have liquor in the rooms-interpretation is, buy from the overpriced Parker lounge or the overpriced mini-bar. Second, we asked for a reasonably priced lobster restaurant and was told that reservations would be made and they would let me know where/when. They never called back! My roommate stopped by to check on her way back to the room and the concierge said that he had called me!!! I called from my room to let him know that I had not received a call from him and HE ARGUED WITH ME!!! When we tried to find this restaurant, it was in a completely different direction than what he said and THEY DIDN'T SERVE LOBSTER!!! The third thing was that they wanted $9.95 daily for internet...unreal!!! Other than the above, the hotel was in the perfect location and the room was adequate for our needs. P.S. we had liquor in our rooms! Yes, I would go back but I wouldn't listen to the concconciergeierge or the clerk at the desk. Count on going across the street for you free internet! Boston was FAB!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (8,032)

Reviewed November 23, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed at the omni as part of a package deal and hoped for the best! We requested the 10th floor as rumor has it (haunted). The hotel has a very classic appeal to it. It's old and beautiful. The rooms are small yet updated and very clean. Staff was vey pleasant and you can't beat the location, it's on the Freedom Trail. We didn't experience any haunting other than a girlfriend's purse falling unexpectedly from the nightstand. Ultimately, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting rooms as our neighbors complained they could here everything we were discussing.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was our 2nd stay at the Omni Parker House and we will be back again. Location is great, lots of attractions within walking distance. It is a short ride on the T from the airport.
Staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: book the executive suite if you can. Try Travelzoo for great pricing.
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed here one night for a meeting in Boston. You are right in the centre of town near Park street church, the T, Boston common and about a 5 minute walk to Quincy market.

The interior of the hotel is lovely with lots of fine carving and demonstrates the age and stature of the hotel. The staff were really friendly and keen to help when they could.

However, the walls in my room were very thin as I could hear the bell from the lift which was behind my back wall. Other of my colleagues also found thin walls as they could hear the people quite clearly in their rooms. One guy was ordering something over the 'phone and you could here all his card details!!!! Over looking this the room was clean, but rather small, but had a good well equiped bathroom with a good shower a plus point for me

Lovely dinning room for a breakfast buffet but expensive ($20+) but as you are right in town you can go out if you want. The main grouse I had was they wanted $42 for overnight parking till 12.00! However, I did stay until 17.00 and it was only another $12 which I did not think was so bad, I had been expecting about 20 to 30 bucks more!

So if you are looking for a hotel with history and lovely surroundings in an ideal place for Boston sightseeing you probably can't do better. However I prefer not to share my room with the customer next door!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have stayed stayed a few times at the Omni Parker House in the past. We continue to return due to the central location, quality of bedding/furniture, amenities (particularly if you are an Omni Select Guest), cleanliness and value of the hotel. However, during this stay, one employee in particular stands out - Neal at the front desk. We appreciated his outstanding, personalized customer service from check-in to check out!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Omni Parker House Hotel is a great value in a great location in Boston especially for a classy historic hotel. We stayed a Friday and Saturday night at $105 per night through Travel Zoo. Room was in excellent condition approximately 11 x 16 not including the bathroom, clean and well appointed with nice furniture, queen bed, nice bedding, desk and a new tv. We joined their loyalty club (free) and it entitled us to free wifi and free coffee delivered in the morning (in addition to the little coffee maker in the room). The hotel is in a great location - walking distance to many attractions. Our only complaint would be that the window heat pump (for cooling and heat) takes up the whole lower sash of the window obstructing almost the entire view. Try requesting a room with a view. Again for $105 in a major city in a great location this can't be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room with view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
omniparker, Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

We appreciate your candid comments and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Select Guest Loyaly Program is free to sign up and once a member you will receive complimentary perks including in-room Wi-Fi, pressings, shoe shine, morning beverage delivery and so much more. Another great perk about our program is that you'll earn a free night after staying just 10 nights and your membership extends to all Omni Hotel & Resorts. Thank you for your review and we hope that you will consider the Omni Parker House on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

First time in the United States from the UK we stopped at the Omni Parker House for our 35th wedding anniversary.

The hotel lived up to our expectations, knowing that it was decorated in a colonial style. Everywhere was very clean and tidy and every staff member we dealt with polite and efficient.

Our room was adequate in size, very clean and nicely furnished but overlooked what seemed like staff quarters, but who spends time looking out of the window in the dark and that seemed to be the only time we were in our room.

The T stop was just a short stroll away and we purchased a weeks pass so we got to all corners of the city during our stay.

All in all we came away with a memory for life from our first time in the states and we are already planning a return. If that turns out to be Boston The Omni Parker House will be the first port of call.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple