“Become a member!”

Omni Parker House
Ranked #47 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is great and in a wonderful location. Join the membership rewards program! You get free drinks in the morning (hot and cold) and several other benefits. There is no cost and it is a MUST! :-) One of the better deals in Boston.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SunshineStateGuy1776
There are newer reviews for Omni Parker House

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The day of check in the hotel was able to let us check in early. Olivia @ the front desk was fabulous knowing it was one of our birthdays she made sure we had champange and boston cream pie! The traditional room is a great price and big enough for 2. The location is supurb, we walked to everything. The only bad thing is my truck was damaged in the valet garage. Not a little ding a huge dent!!!! But overall the Omni parker is a great place. We will stay here every time we visit Boston. Just to update...the Valet manager called today 9/11/11 to appologize and he was very nice! It means alot to me.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is in the perfect location if you want to walk Boston. Close to historic attractions, good restaurants, and good night life. The hotel is very nice. The lobby is gorgeous. Nostalgia fills the air and you can imagine poets and writers meeting here for a drink and a debate. The hotel bar closes early though so if you want to have a last drink after a night on the town....do it before midnight. There is a little coffee stand in the hotel store but there is also Starbucks a block away. So skip the limited selection and head down the street for your morning coffee. The room was small, oddly shaped, and the bathroom was wheel chair accessible....however apparently people in wheelchairs don't need to store their items anywhere b/c there wasn't any place to put a a travel bag or a towel except a very narrow windowsill. With so many hotel choices in the area, I am not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed for one night this past weekend and had a wonderful time. The hotel is very old and ornate but updated and clean. The kids got welcome back packs with activites inside and when we returned from dinner the staff left milk and cookies for the kids as well. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. The location is great. It is pretty much walking distance to everything. Join the loyalty club and they give you free water bottles, free internet and up to 2 beverages in the morning at your door. I was thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail in the hotel and rooms. Yes, the bathroom is small but I don't spend my vacation in the bathroom, so this is not a big deal. Make sure you check on the square footage of the room when you make reservations. Their standard room is 200 sq ft.(quite small for a family of four.) We asked to pay for an upgrade for a small fee and got a room that was twice the size with a pull out couch and a rollaway bed was added for no charge. The bed was incredibly comfortable with huge down pillows and soft linnens. We can't wait to stay again!

Room Tip: Join the Omni loyalty club for free and get lots of free perks!
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is near everything you need to get to in Boston.The new bicycle rental scheme and T tram service is just a 5 minute walk away.All the top shops are also within walking distance.The hotel staff are most helpful.The rooms are very clean and comfortable although are a bit on the small side.It is a quiet hotel and you do not hear any outside traffic.There is no rush to check out at 12pm as published if your flight is later which is helpful.You can print your boarding card in the Business Centre at no cost.I would recommend this hotel when visiting Boston

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We, my mom and I, came to visit some of the historical highlights in Boston and to do some whale watching. I am a Red Sox Fan also and so I came to see a Red Sox game as well. The hotel has an awesome Red Sox package that I recommend. The seats we were at for the game, were in the 4th row, right behind the bullpen and we got to see Jason Varitek who is my absolutely #1 FAV! The location of the hotel was perfect ! You are within walking distance to everything, such as Boston Commons, Boston Harbor, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market to name a few of the places we saw. The hotel was extremly clean and the staff courteous. The rooms were roomy enough and the beds were so comfortable that we didn't want to get out of them!! We will definitely be back and recommend this to everyone!!! They also say its haunted. We loved hearing some of the stories attached this great place, however, we did not have any haunting experiences, much to our dismay!! But I do look forward to the our next visit!!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. The night we got in, we were led to our Premiere Suite only to find that it reeked of cigarette and/or cigar smoke.
My fiance is HIGHLY allergic to smoke. Called the front desk only to hear, " Sorry, it's the only suite we have left." They said they could send up an ozone(?) machine to get the smell out, but by then we were both coughing, and it appears the scent probably was imbedded in not only the air, but the drapes and upholstery. I asked for the manager, who was the ONE person ONLY who was pleasant and helpful the entire trip. Jeff said that he would give us two adjoining rooms for that night, and then tomorrow offered to set us up in not only a Premier Suite, but one that also adjoined to an Executive suite. WE actually had an "apartment," for LESS than the price we were going to pay for only ONE suite!
That was great. (However, there was a lot of honking horns where we were in a corner room, not to mention outside jackhammering at night. We were on the 11th fl. so it was not TOO bad. It did get on my nerves after 4 days.) But MY bathroom was so small, it was the size of a closet- and a small one at that. I had to put my makeup on, by placing all of my stuff in the SINK, just to get to it without dropping everything all over the floor. And to blow dry your hair???? Forget it. Nothing else need be said.
It is true I am a pretty picky person about rooms, because I travel alot and stay only in 4 star - or 5 star--hotels. Furnishings were very nice, but I noticed a few small places of mold in the shower. Not great.
I called housekeeping for turndown service and they never came that night, and at least one other night. We are members of the Omni Select program, and were supposed to get a daily newspaper. Had to ask for it TWICE. The concierge people knew absolutely NOTHING about directions to anything. Got us so lost that we finally gave up even asking. We did not eat a lot at the hotel, but the salad we ordered was surprisingly good... one of the best during our Boston stay. Nobody was friendly at all-- but that might just be Boston. It was my first time there.
This was actually a 3 and 1/2 star hotel, based on the poor service, unfriendliness, etc.
Jeff, the manager, however was great---helped us out a lot with the room problem.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms that face the 3 thoroughfares-- can't remember the names--and only up HIGH i...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple