8,962 results
All reviews boston cream pie freedom trail last hurrah parker house rolls great location historical hotel rooms are small deluxe room an older hotel within walking distance historic boston quincy market central location faneuil hall the north end valet parking beacon hill
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I've stayed here many times before, but this was the last time (and if my wife has her way, the last time for any Omni). Used online checkin, they promised room would be ready at 1. It wasn't even ready two+ hours later, apparently because my frequent guest profile requests a feather-free room (one of the choices they claim to offer). Not to worry, they said: "we'll put you in a feather room for now, then swap everything out while you're out at the game." Returned from game and dinner only to find out no one had bothered to do anything, Desk manager then lied about how quickly he'd fix the problem, and apparently it's never ok to call them on their service failures (the first guy who showed up at the room had zero pillows to swap out the 8 that were being replaced, which someone dampened my confidence).

Room tip: Stay at a different hotel
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JJWLW
Manager1856, Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

It is true that this guest has stayed with us a number of times in the past and our files show that we, regrettably, have not been successful in meeting his particular expectations. We hope that he might be willing to give us another opportunity to do so in the future and will take special pains to provide the type of stay that the majority of our guests experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed at this grand old hotel in the down town area on a recent vacation trip to Boston. Immediately on arrival, impressed by the grand looking lobby area. High ceilings, clearly old and faded, but still well kept.

On check-in, staff were prompt and friendly, no waiting around. Originally booked a "petite single" room, but was given a complimentary upgrade to a queen. Room was still fairly small, but more than adequate and high standard of cleanliness. Bed was very comfy, and the pre-requested non-feather pillows and duvet were provided on arrival. Bathroom was tiny and definitely showing its age, but again more than adequate and clean. My only minor complaint about the room was the AC unit was very noisy. If you're a light sleeper this could be annoying during the summer months.

The breakfast buffet was very good, with good selection of fruit, cereals, pastries and hot food. Also made to order omelettes on request. The breakfast was a bit pricey. It was included in my room rate and not so sure I would have paid the extra. If coffee and bun is sufficient, there is a Starbucks literally a stones throw from the hotel, down School Street.

Location wise hotel is great. If your doing the tourist thing, then situated right on the Freedom Trial. A few minutes walk from stations for the three main subway lines... Government Center, Park St, and State. A taxi to/from Logan Airport was about $25 and this included tolls and tip. If carrying luggage then much more convenient that using the subway.

I booked my stay through the British Airways site and got a very good rate (incl, Breakfast), much better than offered directly by the hotel and other third party hotel booking sites. One tip: make sure to join the Omni Hotels loyalty program (from hotel web site) before arrival, as this offers several immediate complimentary services - free wifi, free morning beverage and free morning newspaper.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank gmhaggis
Reviewed September 2, 2011

On arrival we were greeted by very friendly reception staff and porter. We stayed in room 1143 which was a deluxe king size room and worth paying the extra for (as we stayed for 7 nights). The bed was massive and very comfortable. The room and bathroom were also big (possibly designed as a disabled room). Ice making machine was also great, but wouldn't want to be in a room next to it due to the noise of the chiller and delivery. There was limited sound insulation between rooms, so you could hear conversations next door. Large flat screen TV with lots of channels, some HD options. Well worth joining the free Select Membership scheme as you get free wi-fi, breakfast tea or coffee and a newspaper. The hotel has a bit of history, apparently the oldest hotel in USA and where JFK proposed to Jackie. It is centrally located for a walking tour of Boston with many restaurants and coffee shops within a short walk. Would recommend this hotel as 4/5.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I booked via hotwire.com, did not where I was going to end up and was very pleased to see that I was given the Omni. I paid $108 plus tax incredible value. When I arrived I asked the desk clerk to put me in a NON-hotwire room, he said “the traditional rooms are all the same”. If this is true I would have been very disappointed if I had paid the going rate of $260 for a double bed, small bathroom which has no room for your toiletries. I must warn in my opinion the traditional room is suitable for only one person.
When traveling, I am a stickler for a clean quite room with a comfortable bed. The Omni met and exceeded my requirements, the staff was friendly and courteous.
The hotel is located in an excellent location for business and leisure. The Omni is easy walking distance to the waterfront, Faneuil Market, North End, Financial District & Boston Common.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank emannh
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our 15 month old son. Yes, the room was small. But the location was perfect. We were able to get to several T stops with just a short walk. Breakfast was just across the street.

It did take us a few calls to get a crib in our room. It was a tight squeeze. I had booked a room with two beds thinking I would be able to shove one bed off to the side to make extra room - that didn't work out. I didn't get to see the inside of a king room to judge the size.

• Trip type: Traveled with family