WINNER WONDERLAND

Oasis Guest House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
“Boston Bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I checked into the Oasis on the night after the snow storm "Hercules" had hit Boston. I'd already been in Boston for 2 nights and was looking for an extra, less expensive stay until I could feel comfortable driving. I chose a room with a private bath. That one night will not be the last night I spend at the Oasis. The location is close to Northeastern University where my son is a student and also to Copley Square and the Prudential Center shopping. The staff was warm and welcoming. The room was relatively simple but comfortable and completely satisfying. Parking was half the price of other Boston hotels. My son has another four years at Northeastern and this will definitely be my place of choice to stay while I'm in Boston.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Beth W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I needed to spend a night in Boston on a tight budget, which is not the easiest thing to do. I was originally skeptical about staying here considering the amazing price, but decided to go through with it and was extremely pleased with my experience at Oasis. I had informed the hotel that I'd be arriving late so they set a lockbox up for me as there would be no staff available to give me my key at 11:30PM. When I arrived I had trouble opening the lockbox and began to worry that I couldn't get in. I tried ringing the bell to see if anyone might still be around and lo and behold, Keith answered the door...He had specifically waited for me to arrive! The room and shared bathroom was clean and free breakfast was available in the morning. The staff was super nice and professional and you cannot beat the price at this location. I'd definitely recommend this for the budget-minded traveler.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TheSolutionArchitect
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very well situated and very good for the price. Close (i.e. walking distance) from the MFA and Isabella Stewart Gardiner museum, as well as close to the beautiful people in Newbury Street. The B&B is pretty simple with no frills, but the staff were incredibly helpful. This was my first stay here but I have recommended it to many people before due to its location and reasonable price. The bed was incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Louise64London
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

The entire staff was polite, personable and friendly. They gave great advice on the best way to see different parts of the city. I'm so glad we went with a B&B for our stay in Boston. Having breakfast and fresh coffee waiting for us downstairs was a great way to start each day's adventures. Our room was clean and quiet and our bed was super comfortable. Thank you to everyone on staff for an amazing visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Voorhees, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Loved staying at this B&B. Cozy. Lovely living area to have light breakfast. Perfect location - esp. for Convention and Pru Center.
AND - I needed extra time checking out - as I was nursing a bruise from a fall the night before, staff was very helpful and understanding.
Carpet a bit worn, shower a tad small, but everything very clean, at an excellent price and therefore a wonderful value!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank outrep
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Oasis Guest House. The welcome was friendly and warm, the place is decorated very nicely and is spotlessly clean throughout. We had a bathroom in the room but the shared facilities also were very clean.

Beds were super comfy and the breakfast was simple but very good. Coffee on tap all day.

Good location for shopping and eating out, it's right near Berklee college so there is a really bustling vibe to the place.

We found the Oasis peaceful and very friendly, we would not hesitate to recommend this guest house to everyone!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank idolikeadrink
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

With hotel prices here in the US going through the roof, I'd been exploring other possibilities for a four day trip to Boston and came across the Oasis Guest House. I'm not a frequent B&B/Guest House patron - I've had really good experiences and some really bad ones over the years - so I was a bit hesitant about booking the Oasis. On the other hand, their room prices were very very good and I am familiar with Back Bay. Plus they had received many very good reviews here and on other sites.

I needn't have been concerned. The folks who run the place were absolutely top notch - helpful, friendly and accommodating. My room with private bathroom (they do have rooms with shared baths that are even less expensive) was fairly spartan, but exceptionally clean, bright, with a very comfortable double bed, television, radio, and a large mirrored dresser. Edgerly Road is very quiet and the Berklee School of Music is just up the street. The breakfast was very good - typical B&B self service fare but with full use of refrigerator, microwave, and stove.

The closest "T"'s are about two blocks away, the Boston Symphony is a block away and there are plenty of stores and shops - including a Fresh Fields within 5 minutes walking distance and half a dozen music shops. Back Bay is very convenient to Downtown Boston, full of young students, and very safe.

You really can't go wrong with the Oasis - it is a great place to stay in Boston without blowing through your budget.

Room Tip: If you book ask if you can get a room facing the street. They have nice large windows and the stree...