“Excellent Hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was my first time at a Four Seasons and I can see why people stay there. The entire vibe is very classy and dignified. The rooms are large and very well-appointed and comfortable. The bed was amazingly nice. The common areas are beautiful; even the hallways look nice. There are lots of great high-end touches - ice and water at turn-down, you can pick the paper you want, etc. The service was excellent; everyone was very helpful and staff seemed willing to go out of their way to make sure things went well (I misread the times free coffee was available in the lobby so the host for the restaurant went and got me a cup). It definitely is used to dealing with a high-end clientele (the concierge seemed not to know how to recommend a place in Chinatown because the places are all "holes in the wall") but it really did seem that everyone was welcoming and eager. The location is also great. It's definitely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Memphis_piranha
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

What a delight it was to read your review. We know that there are many wonderful hotel options in Boston; thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Boston for your time spent in the city. We so appreciate your thoughtful comments and are especially excited that you thoroughly enjoyed your entire experience. Besides our central location and our pristine product, we're proud that the most memorable aspect about our Back Bay hotel is our remarkable team.

We would not receive glowing reviews like yours were it not for our staff who are passionate about providing caring service for our guests. Thank you again for your endorsement and we hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Boston very soon.

-Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I take a trip each year for our anniversary so this year he chose Boston. Great place for a weekend getaway. The service at the Four Seasons is excellent. When we arrived there was a beautiful strawberry dessert in our room with Happy Anniversary scrolled in chocolate so of course they were getting a good review from me! The room was the perfect size with large windows overlooking Boston Common. We had a room on about the 5th floor. Highly recommended for people watching and there was no noise through the windows.
The bedding was so comfortable and that I had to look it up when we got home to see where you can buy it ( you can buy it online BTW). The pool and hot tub were great for a relaxing dip at night, on Saturday nights they even had refreshments around the pool area and staff handing out cool towels in the hot tub. That is service! The location of the hotel is great. We walked everywhere. I would definitely stay at Four Seasons hotels again.

Room Tip: Loved the view overlooking Boston Common, and would choose a room not too high up for a better view...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aburt2 .
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

We were so touched to hear that you chose to stay at our Back Bay hotel for your anniversary trip to Boston, and I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We pride ourselves on unsurpassed service, and I’m glad you made good use of the pool, fitness center and that you enjoyed our unbeatable location across from the historic Boston Public Garden, and within walking distance to the city’s top attractions.

I do hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel—and to our beautiful city—in the near future. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughtful comments.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were so impressed with this hotel. The location is absolutely ideal, the rooms and public spaces were beautiful, but it was the service that was the best part of the experience. As with other 4s properties, they do everything to make you feel at home. Upon check in there were toys and snacks for our kids, champagne and dessert for us for our anniversary, and our room was set up exactly as we wanted, without having to wait for things like a rollaway for our toddler or a feather free set up in the room (often I check in and wait for those to come later, but here they were set upon arrival and so appreciated). At turndown the first night they noticed that we had surrounded the rollaway with chairs to make sure our little one didn't roll off, and upon returning there were toddler rails set up for her. I didn't even think to ask for this, but it was so welcome and impressive. We used the fitness center and pool daily - both great, and while we didn't eat at Bristol we did have room service the last day and that was prompt and delicious. I really can't say enough good things - we will definitely stay there again whenever we visit Boston!

Room Tip: We found the courtyard view room to be really quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ssschgo

Sharing your thoughtful review with our staff was a real treat. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that your children enjoyed our many kids amenities. We pride ourselves on being family friendly, and I’m happy to hear that the service you experienced was top notch.

I must say – we have a very special staff here, and each and every one delights in treating every guest like family. Thank you for being our guest; I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon for another visit. Thanks again for your thoughtful review.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I stayed here last night. From the moment we pulled in front, the service was outstanding. At the welcoming desk, they knew our daughters name from when we called to reserve. She was thrilled they knew her name. The staff really went out of their way to give our daughter an amazing experience! The room was beautiful and food was delicious. I would find it impossible to have a less than perfect stay here. A special thanks to Toni, who our daughter is still talking about!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Katcortelyou
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Boston is one of my favourite cities and the hotel is perfectly placed for those who like to stretch their legs and explore the city via footpaths. It is located just across from the Boston Commons next to Back Bay and a very short jaunt to beautiful Beacon Hill, Charles Street and the river. The rooms are sizable and designed to the Four Seasons standards.

Unfortunately I was not able to take advantage of the conveniences (pool, ect), but the restaurant was excellent as was room service. I took my mother as a treat away and she twisted her ankle on the brick sidewalks. The staff arrived within minutes with a cool compress and a wheelchair so she was not subjected to having to sojourn in the room for the rest of our stay.

May I suggest Legal Seafood which is located next door in the Statler Building, Vittoria Cafe and Mike's Pastry in the North End on Hanover Street for the best cheesecake and cannoli's you will ever have!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

We very much appreciate your kind review, and were delighted to have you and family as our guest. I do hope that your mother’s ankle is recovering, and our staff were certainly glad to assist. Hopefully you’ll have more time on your next visit to experience our rooftop pool—noted as one of New England’s best—and our relaxing whirlpool hot tub.

I was glad, however, that you made it to the North End and to Mike’s Pastry—certainly one of our staff’s favorite places, hands down. Thank you for your kind review and all of us at Four Seasons Hotel Boston hope to have you with us again very soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great location, near subway and across from Public Garden and Boston Commons. Big room size, good layout. I am very sensitive to air conditioning noise but this room was extremely quiet! I didn't even notice that the air con was on! Comfy bed and pillows. Bathroom has tub and shower.

The swimming pool on the top floor was wonderful! After a day's walk, I was so exhausted. Went swimming (my way of relaxation) then relaxed in the hot tub, felt so rejuvenated afterwards.

Staff were very helpful, concierge recommended some very good restaurants!

We've been to Four Seasons Maui too, same great services. Four Seasons never disappoints!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I always enjoy reading reviews like yours, and am thankful you took time to share your comments with us. Our pool is one of the best in Boston and I’m pleased you could make good use of it and our whirpool hot tub to relax. I’m so glad you found our accommodations to your liking, and we very much appreciate your loyalty, having stayed at other Four Seasons properties.

Our Concierge is always happy to assist our guests, and they are delighted to hear that you enjoyed their dining recommendations. We do hope that you will return as our guest in the very near future and thank you once more for your kind review.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

You expect excellence at a Four Seasons and that is what you get. The location is absolutely the best in Boston; we walked everywhere including a game at Fenway. The facility is older but in great shape with newly-renovated bathrooms. Our room was quiet. All staff know their jobs well and are very pleasant. We had a late departure flight so we were allowed access to the Spa floor to relax and freshen-up before leaving for the airport. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple