“even on graduation weekend, spectacular”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Yes, we've been clients for 25 years and know what to expect and yes, it was graduation weekend and the place was jammed. But in spite of that, when it turned out that our newly remodeled room didn't' had a bathtub (had a great shower) they moved us to a different room, one that did.

Now, that doesn't sound like a big deal..........but with narry a room to spare, I have no idea how they did it. But they did.

We love the Four Seasons as a hotel chain and this particular property specifically. Awet Sium is a terrific guy.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank doug100worth
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

We are honored that you have been Four Seasons clients for nearly 30 years. I shared your comments in our staff meetings and everyone was so appreciative of your kind words. All of us at our Back Bay hotel look forward to welcoming you back very soon; please let me know when you plan to return so I can welcome you personally. My email is awet.sium@fourseasons.com. Thank you again for your very thoughtful review.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons Boston for business last week and it was a great experience. I had been looking forward to staying and wasn't disappointed. The level of service is excellent and I always feel very comfortable staying there. I was lucky enough to be in a suite which was super. The location of the hotel also works very well, right on the Common and close to the shops. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the common for a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We always enjoy hearing from our business travelers, and I thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with other business travelers about our Boston hotel. We recognize each and every guest as unique, and strive to do whatever we can to be of assistance to our business travelers who often have fast-paced schedules and meetings during their visit. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your suite accommodations and that, like many guests, you found our Back Bay hotel’s location to be one of the best in the city.

When your business travels bring you back to Boston from London I do hope you’ll stay with us again. We would be very pleased to welcome you back again soon. Thank again for taking a moment to share your comments, which I very much enjoyed reading.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Had a short 2 day visit to Boston in May. Unfortunately the weather was rainy, but the Four Seasons stay more than made up for it and we had a great visit. From our first encounter - we were driving in from NY and got lost in Boston. I called the front desk for directions and immediately got connected to the concierge who practically looked us up on the map and stayed on the phone with us till we were certain of our way. Ensured we arrived at the hotel calm, rather than frazzled. The Four Seasons hospitality was warm throughout our stay. The location - on Boyleston near shopping, Legal seafoods, Boston Public Gardens and the start of the Freedom Trail - is very central. Was happy with the room, especially the shower! Special kudos to the doorman who always had a happy smile, ready to chat and provide tips. One tip is that hotel parking is expensive. Given it's central location and ease to get a cab, you don't really need a car for a Boston visit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

It was a treat to read your review. While I’m sorry the weather didn’t cooperate better with your stay, I enjoyed hearing that your experience with our Boston hotel more than made up for it. Hands down, we have the best staff in Boston, as you experienced with our Concierges—who go above and beyond to be of assistance—and our fabulous Door staff, who have become well known throughout Boston and beyond. Every guest is unique, and we work constantly to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.

I was thoroughly delighted that we could provide you with a lovely stay and I hope you’ll be back in Boston again very soon, and that when you visit, we can welcome you back as guests to our Back Bay hotel. Many thanks for taking time to share your feedback about your experience.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I travel a lot and we always enjoy staying at Four Seasons hotels because the service is top notch and the hotels are gorgeous. The location of this hotel is fantastic. The views of of Boston Commons and the Swan Boats are beautiful. The shopping around the hotel and on Newbury Street is second to none. The restaurant has wonderful preparations for all three meals and we never grew tired of their offerings. One of the big reasons we like the Four Seasons is we figured that if we needed help in a pinch the staff would be able to help us. We found out how right we were on this latest trip. My brother needed to go to the emergency room. The concierge not only called the house doctor he then called the closest emergency rooms to find out how long the waits were. The hotel driver drove us to the hospital. Everyone from the front desk clerks to the concierges to the bellmen pitched in to help us make changes to our reservations for the additional five days we needed to stay. We appreciated their concern and all of the assistance they were able to give us. They made a stressful situation much more bearable and for that we thank all of them. We will definitely be back under better circumstances!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank HelenGA

I was so pleased to read your review, but more importantly, I hope that your brother’s medical situation has fully improved. Our staff shared in your concern and were more than delighted to assist, since all guests are like family to us. On the happier notes of your trip, I’m glad our Back Bay hotel’s location and your accommodations were, as you described, “second to none.” It means a lot to us to read reviews like yours because all of our staff feel a sense of accomplishment when our guests leave feeling as if they have been treated like family. Please be in touch if your travels bring you back to our Boston hotel, as I’d enjoy welcoming you back personally. I can be reached at awet.sium@fourseasons.com . Thank you again for taking a moment to share your comments.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

If I stay over in Boston, and can get a room here, I won't consider anywhere else.
There is simply nothing I can fault about this fantastic hotel!
Clearly others feel the same as it is usually pretty full - in fact I couldn't get a room on my visit this month (except a very expensive suite), and so had to stay somewhere else, which only reinforced what I was missing out on!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

It was delightful and humbling to read your review. I enjoyed sharing your comments with our staff, all of whom were delighted to hear your kind words. It really made their day, and mine. It’s a real privilege to be the favorite hotel of any guest, and we take pride in striving to exceed our guests’ expectations on every level. Thank you again for sharing your truly kind words and thoughts about your experience with our Boston hotel. Hopefully you’ll have the chance to visit again soon, and when in Boston, all of us at our Back Bay hotel would be so pleased to welcome you back to your other “home” in Boston.

–Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The Four Seasons is located across the street from The Commons. A location convenient to everything Boston has to offer. The hotel staff is well trained and motivated to be of assistance. The rooms are beautiful and perfectly maintained. The restaurant off of the lobby is convenient and good. We didn't use the spa but have been told by friends that it is really excellent.
When we come to Boston, we will only stay at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Select a room that overlooks the park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Having stayed at Four Seasons in the past, I was expecting the best of what the hospitality industry has to offer. On arrival though, we were a bit disappointed. Although it is in an outstanding location (walking distance to much of the city and in between 2 "T" stops), we found the Lobby lacking luster and our room to be old fashioned in style (with a bit of a stale smell).

But the longer we stayed, the more we liked it. The staff is outstanding and definitely "made" our experience. Especially, Alex in the Pool/spa area who seemed to anticipate every need before we had it. We had mixed experiences with the concierge staff however as many of our questions had to ultimately be answered by our smart phones.

The room, although not furnished to our taste was a good size for a city hotel. It was immaculate with top quality appointments. The bed, linens and towels are top notch. We should have called down for better pillows but they would have been there in a snap! Our 7th floor room was also exceptionally quiet for it's central city location.

The pool, gym and saunas are in excellent condition and a nice addition to a downtown Boston visit.

Should we find ourselves in Boston again soon, we will definitely consider another stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Msk6261

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I have shared your feedback with our Operations team, our Concierges team, and appreciated the kind words about our great Spa colleague, Alex, which we have passed on to Spa management . I’m glad you enjoyed your accommodations and the appointments in your room, and that you enjoyed our spa and fitness facilities. I do hope you’ll be back in Boston again soon, and that when you visit, you’ll once again be our guest. Please contact me directly prior to your next visit at awet.sium@fourseasons.com so I can personally assure everything is to your liking for your stay. I appreciate you taking time to write your thoughtful review; thanks again.

–Awet Sium, Hotel Manager