“Great base for exploring Boston”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Four Seasons provided us with a really decent spot for exploring Boston as everything feels only a short walk away.

The best features of the hotel are the swimming pool, which is great for a spot of relaxation which a fantastic view of Boston Common. We also really liked the Bristol Lounge and ended up in there most nights. The service was really good, and it's surprisingly lively for a hotel bar.

Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, ours overlooked a multi-storey car park but we didn't spend all that much time in our room anyway.

Make sure to visit Georgetown Bakery which is on Newbury Street and a few minutes walk from the Four Seasons. Best. Cupcakes. EVER.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
FSBoston, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback. We couldn't be more thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at our Boston Hotel. The view of the Boston Public Garden and sweeping city scenes from the 8th Floor Indoor pool is a must see! We’re glad that you experienced the lively Bristol Bar, we hope that you were able to indulge in the Bar’s popular martinis or Chef Vosika’s delicious Bar Bites. We couldn't agree more with you about Georgetown Cupcakes…they are scrumptious. We even recently launched a Children’s Georgetown Cupcake Tea on Saturday’s and Sundays at The Bristol Lounge! We hope that you visit us again while in Boston.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

No hotel chain can hold a candle to Four Seasons. I stayed here a few months ago and had some issues. The managers personally contacted me to find out all my concerns and ensured that on my return visit everything would be perfect and everything was. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, management, facilites, restaurants and guest rooms. This is the only place I would stay in Boston for a combination of superb service, eagerness to ensure perfection and concern about each guest's happiness. Bravo to the Four Seasons Boston!

Room Tip: Best rooms have views overlooking the Boston Garden.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
FSBoston, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

We're over the moon reading this review and have shared with our team! We can't thank you enough for your amazing feedback about our team, the Spa, The Bristol Lounge and our guestrooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great location hotel, next to park close to the historic area and shopping we had a very quite room, nice breakfast, good room, excellent late 4pm checkout for our late flight. Helpful valet parking and front desk.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CorkyDerbyshire

Thank you for reviewing our luxury Boston Hotel located in Back Bay. Shopping on famous Newbury Street and strolling through the beautiful Boston Public Garden is a must while in Boston and we’re delighted that you were able to experience that right outside our front door. We’re thrilled that you dined in the Hotel’s restaurant, The Bristol Lounge, which has many fabulous breakfast menu items including Executive Chef Brooke Vosika's popular Lemon Ricotta Hotcakes. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Standing in the lobby of a nearby hotel experiencing a dreadful check-in that was wrought with issues, I took a shot in the dark and called the Four Seasons. After quickly explaining my current challenge, I was invited over to the Four Seasons with assurances not to "worry about anything." Upon identifying myself at the front desk, I was not only checked in quickly, but was also gifted with the surprise of having the room rate of the first hotel honored. Shortly after I settled in my room, an answer to a knock on the door brought the added generosity of a fruit and cheese snack, courtesy of the front desk. Let me just say, the Four Seasons gained a raving fan for life! They could have just checked me in at a last minute rack rate and moved on, but instead they kept me financially whole, upgraded my room, and went above and beyond to take care of me. In reflection, I experienced the difference in what a customer experiences when responsible employees are permitted and empowered to make decisions. Thank you, Four Seasons Boston.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TexKeystone

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay with us. We’re elated that our staff went above and beyond to assist you– and are delighted that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us. All of our employees are deeply passionate about service and we’re thrilled that you had such a positive experience with our Front Desk and Room Service teams. We hope to see you in Boston again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had a late evening check-in for overnight stay. Staff was fantastic. Was able to get to my room quickly. Had a nicely renovated bathroom, tasteful and modern and works with overall feel of hotel. Ordered room service, arrived right on time...would have liked to have enjoyed longer leisurely meal, but had to get to work.

Heard about the garden and bee apiary, great to have "locally-sourced" ingredients for the restaurant and hotel. Didn't get to use, but checked out the pool, would definitely take advantage of it on another stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pamelanie_Albinnet

Thanks for your review! We're elated that you were able to enjoy a guestroom with a recently renovated bathroom. Over the next few years, the Hotel will be making various enhancements that we know you'll love. A 15-minute room service menu is a delicious treat and perfect for some R&R before headed to work. Next time that you visit Boston, stop by The Bristol Lounge Bar and sip and savor our newest signature martini, "The B Sting", which incorporates the honey from our urban Rooftop Bees. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was a special night to begin with...I proposed to my girlfriend (she said Yes!). I surprised her with a night at the Four Seasons, overlooking the Gardens in which I popped the big question. I was expecting a special night of luxury for us - what the hotel and its staff delivered was so much more. Of course every corner of the hotel was stunning: the grand and gorgeous lobby; the perfectly appointed room; the whole place was just an incredible treat for us - two young, modest 20-somethings who don't typically have the money for such luxury. But while I was a little intimidated by the sheer supreme class of it all, the staff made me feel immediately at ease the second I checked in. It didn't seem to matter that we were young, potentially a little under-dressed, or a gay couple. EVERYONE (down to the car attendants out front and the voices who picked up the room service phone) was so overwhelming kind! They delivered a special, complimentary dessert treat for us: delicious berries dipped in chocolate on a beautiful plate with 'Congratulations' scrawled perfectly in delicate chocolate drizzle. Even though we were just staying one night, and they certainly have more prestigious guests than we, the staff made us feel like we were royalty - the most important couple in the whole place. I got respectfully, knowing smiles from the other staff in the lobby and glowing, genuine well-wishes as we checked out. They made the stay absolutely PERFECT. I credit myself with the idea of surprising her with the Four Seasons...but I credit the hotel with making it the most romantic and brilliant night for her...for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne A

A congratulations is in order! Thank you for this glowing review about our luxury Boston Hotel. We're over the moon that you and your fiance felt pampered and special - you deserve to be! Our chocolate dipped strawberries prepared especially for you by our Pastry Shop are the perfect treat to celebrate such a fantastic occasion in your guestroom. We couldn't be more thrilled for you and your fiance. We hope to see you again soon. Let the wedding planning begin!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a Justice of the Peace, I have officiated at many venues in Massachusetts. The Four Seasons Hotel in Boston did a most beautiful job for a couple whose marriage I solemnized. The staff is so gracious and helpful. The hotel is maintained beautifully. the view overlooking the Boston Public Gardens, all times of the year brings the outside beauty inside and adds to the magnificent presentation the Hotel performs for each couple.
I have also been a guest in the hotel. It is a perfect get a way. Delicious food, and beautiful accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Gardens and the State House.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
FSBoston, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review about our Boston Hotel. Our employees pride themselves in creating lasting memories for all of our fabulous couples. Our newly refurbished Boston Ballroom is a picturesque setting overlooking the Boston Public Garden that all guests are sure to adore. We look forward to seeing you at many more lovely weddings that you officiate!