“Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Whenever one stays at a Four Seasons, the expectations are generally very high. The Four Seasons in Boston did not disappoint. The rooms were typical of what you'd expect at a Four Seasons...simply elegant. Not overdone, clean, and very comfortable. But beyond the room, the Four Seasons is second to none in terms of service. We had several college visits (after all, it is Boston), and at check in, we spoke to the woman behind the counter. She had graduated from one of Boston's fine colleges, and she offered us great advice. Even answered questions topics for an essay. We also took advantage of the concierge, who booked us reservations at a very popular restaurant on Newberry Street. We had a prime outside location with no wait, and there was a line. Finally, the location. Directly across the street from Boston Common. One block away from the Arlington T-Stop, so you can go anywhere. And high-end shopping right outside the door. Valet parking is on the premisis. $48 a night, but it's Boston. Car was always there within 5-10 minutes, if not sooner. Finally, my kids are older, but we passed a rolling ice cream cart that visited a room with toddlers. He was making them sundaes with all of the fixins. You should have seen their faces...they will never forget. Two thumbs up at the Four Seasons!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FSBoston, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you were able to enjoy - and explore! - our neighborhood (and also to discover the best shopping spots on Newbury and Charles Streets). We also love that you caught a glimpse of our very own Four Seasons Ice Cream Man. As you can imagine, he is a favorite among kids staying in house - but we do find that parents enjoy him just as much as the kids! Ice cream is such a hit in fact that we now also serve gourmet ice cream sundaes with all the fixings on Saturday nights in The Bristol Lounge as well. Most of all, we are delighted you enjoyed the service; we are so proud of our staff, and we will continue to work hard to ensure that each time you stay with us is equally memorable, and for all the right reasons.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Huntngton Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was staying for a convetion being held in Boston and was probably one of the further hotels compared to most of the attendees ...but it was worth it. The service at this hotel is impeccable. Everyone my family came in contact with at this hotel was sincere and striving to be helpful. I would especially like to applaud the front desk staff. Between the number of times I lost my key, to trying to decide at the hotel for another night and miss my flight due to an illness, they were very patient and helpful. Room service even offered complimentay cookies to my meal when I told them I was under the weather.

The thing I will most remember (but I'm sorry I can't remember his name!) but a gentleman from the front desk waited with me outside for about 5-10 minutes in the morning at about 5 am on August 24 while the valet was bringing my car around and it was vacant outside. I travel frequently on business and I guarantee that no one from any other hotel staff has done that before! Four Seasons, please acknowledge that staff member. I'm sorry I can't remember his name! it's the little things like that set the Four Seasons, but particularly the Four Seasons Boston in this circumstance apart fromthe rest.
The General Manager has done well to instill in his/her staff a sense of always striving for excellence in their service, and it shows! Thank you for makin my stay, and my family's, so enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
From all of us here - our General Manager, Front Desk, Room Service and more - thank you for your review. We are so thrilled you experienced the warm, caring, helpful service that we aim to provide our guests always. We're sorry that you were under the weather at the end of your visit and glad we could add a touch of cheer anyway with sweet treats from our Pastry Shop (Pastry is known for serving up the world's best "extra chippy" chocolate chip cookies!). We are also beyond pleased that one of our staff accompanied you outside while your car was being delivered; we have connected with our colleagues who were working early that morning to ensure that proper thanks and kudos are given. Thank you for mentioning this! We hope you will come see us again here in Boston, and we thank you once again for your feedback.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

As anyone who has stayed at a Four Seasons before will know they are generally amongst the best hotels in any given city/location. The Four Seasons Boston is no exception. The staff were friendly and courteous. Nothing was too much trouble. My suite was spacious and well furnished. I also loved that they picked up on my arrival via Twitter and welcomed me electronically as well. It's a little thing - but as with most thing it's the details that count. An excellent hotel. The GM and his staff can be proud. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sebastian S
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Quiet, relaxing and conveniently located. Would be nice to have breakfast before 7am but the coffee and bagel counter by the lobby will do

• Stayed February 2011
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

The staff, service and cleanliness were fantastic and we look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

What more can one say? It was a positive experience with no negatives in terms of the hotel itself, the room or the staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have stayed at the Four Seasons in Boston 9 times over the past few years.....it's such a fantastic city hotel, surely the best hotel in Boston, & one of my favorite hotels in the US. :) The staff, from the Front Desk, the the Bristol, to Room service are all so amazing, kind, warm & utterly professional & polite. I recently stayed a few days ago & all was perfect, as always! I was in room 522 & this particular room felt quite spacious, but all of the rooms I've had are a nice size. I don't think I've ever had to wait for a room either, which is so nice when traveling! The rooms are quiet & have so many nice touches, including a Sachet in the closet, a jogging map of the area, a selection of current magazines, a small flower in the bathroom & plant in the room, etc. The beds are amazing, with great pillows!!

The food at the hotel is really good!!! The Bristol Lounge is the main dining area & the service is incredible! Their Lobster roll, Crab Chowder, Steak, desserts, are all amazing & so tasty!!!

The fitness center has a lovely set-up with chilled mint-scented towels, fruit flavored water, fresh fruit.....nice touch!!

This is the only hotel I will stay at when visiting Boston & I truly look forward to my stays here! they are always very memorable, flawless & relaxing:) looking forward to returning in November for a long weekend! Thanks for everything FS Boston!

Best,
Patrick Winkler
NYC

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
First and foremost, thank you for your review. Secondly, thank you for being such a loyal guest. We get excited when a guest loves both our city and our hotel. We're glad your stay in room 522 was enjoyable - that is one of our Deluxe King Rooms. If you ever need even more space, we'd recommend an Executive Suite, which is our lowest level of suite and is 225 square feet larger than the Deluxe King. We're so pleased you noticed the small touches within the room as well, including the pillows. Our guests have loved them so much over the years that they are actually available for purchase (perhaps an early holiday gift idea!). Our Executive Chef Brooke Vosika and his team are ecstatic to know that you enjoy The Bristol Lounge too. Chef considers his Crab Chowder his signature dish, so he is over the moon especially that you love that dish. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay in November. If there is ever anything at all we can do to make your stays even more enjoyable, we do hope you will let us know. We want to ensure each visit is as wonderful as your last.