“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Boston
US
“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed at the Four Seasons in Boston for 3 nights - everything was absolutely deluxe first class for our entire stay. The room was beautiful, bright, spotlessly clean, peaceful and quiet - the staff was superlative in every way. I was sick during our stay with a bad cold, and had to stay in for most of the time -- everyone was so accommodating -- they even comped a room service order of hot tea with honey.

The only critique would be in the lobby and elevator landing decoration -- seemed a bit sparse and cold - unlike the old world warmth that normally characterizes a Four Seasons --but the room made up for it. Could not have asked for more from this hotel -- a 5 star experience, without question.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NEWLYRETIRED100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
los angeles
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This hotel is absolutely fantastic! We checked in with bad moods after the Ritz Carlton rejected our confirmation and was unable to accommodate us. Luckily, the Four Seasons came to our rescue! We pulled in and literally the second the cab stopped, we were greeted by a staff! Each door was opened and our luggage was removed quickly and sent up to the room. All the doormen were smiling and knew our names! Maybe our Amex agent tipped them off, but I still have no idea how everyone at check in and the doormen knew who we were! Check in was a breeze and we were upgraded to this gorgeous room with a view of the park. All the staff were excellent for the cordial men and women serving breakfast, to the room service, to the concierge. Sabrina was great! No corners were cut here. My son got a teenage welcome gift with root beer, candy, and pretzels. Turndown service and housekeeping was excellent! A kind gentleman accidentally dropped a glass while picking up our room service table and within 10 minutes, a whole cleaning staff was in our room cleaning everything! This hotel was just great and everyone should spend the extra $20 over the Ritz and stay here!

Room Tip: Park view rooms are a must.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lovz2Travel
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 25, 2011

the Four Seasons boston is a top-notch hotel, with an outstanding location, just opposite the Boston Commons. It is within walking distance of Beacon Hill, with its lovely town-homes and great restaurants. There are a lot of high-end shops in the area and a good-sized shopping mall about 15 minutes walk away. The concierge at teh hotel was extremely helpful in setting up a car service, sightseeing, restaurant reservations, etc. Overall, the staff was polite and helpful, and room service breakfast arrived hot, with a thermos full of hot water for the tea. Overall, a very pleasing experience.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I would say Four Seasons Boston is an absolute gem - I cannot think of a better hotel we've stayed at than this one - and we tend to choose good hotels. Maybe it was just that beautiful Bostonian manner - the staff were friendly, efficient - just superb - from the doormen, reception, concierge, restaurant staff, there were no weak points - they were uniformly excellent. They came across as sincere, friendly, genuinely interested in dealing with you as their guest and making it an enjoyable stay. The location of the hotel is as good as you can get in Boston, directly opposite the Commons. There are wonderful restaurant options both within the hotel and nearby. The concierge gave us some excellent recommendations. Newberry Street is a short walk from the hotel for a lovely shopping street. The beautiful, historic Beacon Hill part of town is directly across the Boston Commons from the hotel. There are so many nice and interesting places within an easy walk. Great city and a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank petereturra
San Francisco
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Four Seasons properties can be tough because expectations are always so high. My husband and I loved this hotel. The room was lovely, view wonderful, and staff - so gracious. People in Boston are just the nicest anyway, right? Ok, at least I find that.
Next time I'm in Boston, hopefully you'll find me here.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I stayed for a week at Four Seasons Boston and it was fabulous. The Executive City View room was great and I love its layout. The ambience is fantastic.

Everything seems so perfect from the front office to housekeeping. The Bristol Lounge at the lobby floor is cool and I'd recommend its Lobster Roll Sandwich for lunch. The gym and indoor swimming pool are added value especially during winter. Laundry service is great too. Housekeeping make up the room twice a day and replenish the amenities regularly.

We organized a dinner at its Ballroom and it went well. The service and food are extraordinary. I'd like to congratulate Philip Deschamps, the Assistant Director of Catering and his team for the great efforts. To Niamh Hartel, Sales Manager as well, who did a wonderful job and accommodate all our requests. To Alice (Bristol Lounge), stay beautiful and thank you Chase (Bellman) for your great job.

Would definitely recommend this property and can't wait to be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I loved everything about my recent weekend stay. The hotel is beautiful, the facilities are great. The food is delicious. The staff is attentive. I can't praise it enough. The rooms were beautiful, clean and very comfortable. The pool / whirlpool area was very nice and relaxing. I had a massage with Guy - also great. We had snacks and drinks there a couple of times throughout the weekend and everything was spot on. The menu in the Bristol Lounge is a nice mix of classics and new takes on classics. The crab cake sliders were amazing and the little mozzarella tater tots were just really tasty. I loved the cocktail list. I loved the little tea desserts the waitress was kind enough to bring out to me with our winter cocktails. I know I am gushing but I was just thrilled with this place from A-Z. I want to make this my go-to place when in Boston.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends