Boston Harbor Hotel
  • Fitness center
YOTEL Boston(Boston)
  • Breakfast included
2,029 results
All reviewsboston harborsea grillemeritage restaurantharbor view roomthe north endroom serviceturn down servicehealth clubwater taxibeautiful hotelin room diningfaneuil hallsitting areadeluxe roomquincy marketluxury hotelconcierge desk
Reviewed September 14, 2007

A number of business colleagues and I stayed at the Boston Harbor during a conference. I hadn't stayed there in probably 10 years. My opinion then was that it was over rated. What a difference 10 y ears makes.

I arrived from a red eye flight to find my room ready and waiting. The room was huge, with a decent work space, plenty of sitting space, flat screen TV, BOSE wave radio, and a comfy room. And a great water view. I was on a smoking floor but could smell no smoke.

The staff is polite, friendly, and helpful. I showed up early in our meeting room and found no coffee. When I mentioned to a co-worker that I was doing OK for a guy who slept on a plane the staff person who was setting up our room offered to go find me some coffee, and showed up with a full pot.

Location is great. Right on the harbor, walking distance to downtown, and on a great running route.

The only issue I had was minor - the air conditioner was shut off when I arrived, meaning my room was about 75. I turned it on and left, only to return at the end of the day to find it off again. I later learned it's on an automatic shut off. As a result I was always too hot. Otherwise it was quite a pleasant experience.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Spamstan
Reviewed September 2, 2007

I stayed here for a business meeting Aug 07. All I can say is that it was one of the most beautiful city hotels I have ever stayed in. I compare this with The Lowell in New York (much smaller but just as beautiful). My suite was gorgeous-overlooking the water. The staff, the front desk, the food were all 5 star. I wanted to stay longer- now I want to go back with my family!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Myrtle615
Reviewed August 13, 2007

You cannot beat the location, service and aesthetics of this hotel. You will not be disappointed with your stay here.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank sugarmagnolia8
Reviewed August 11, 2007

I have stayed in Boston harbor for 3 nights with my 2 kids. Regular room, although not that big, very clean, neat and comfortable. Excellent bed and bath. Stuff very helpful and is willing to do extra when asked. Location is also pleasant - it is right on the water with airport shuttle and 10 mins walk from South Boston Amtrak station.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank zuba
Reviewed July 29, 2007

My company's meeting was held at the Boston Harbor Hotel where everything went swimmingly and everyone was dazzled by BHH. Many of us travel frequently so when someone remarked that they could not recall having stayed in a nicer hotel anywhere in the US, that is high praise.

BHH's product is among the finest in the industry. The level of service was incredible. Although the hotel was sold out during the weekend we were there, it never felt overrun. I was impressed with the number of staff on hand and the timeliness of response on all fronts. From soup to nuts -- or should I say, from the daily bowls of apples to the evening bowls of candies -- the message throughout was WE ARE PAYING ATTENTION! Even though we had city not harbor view rooms, they were still spectacular. Rooms are outfitted with very nice furnishings, including Bose radios. For the evening turn-down service, housekeeping left bottles of water instead of chocolate and set out your slippers bedside, just some of the touches which will make you feel over the top pampered.

Fitness center, pool and whirlpool are all well above average. BHH's location is within easy walking distance to Faneuil Hall, etc. not to mention that Sel de la Terre -- currently one of Boston's most highly rated restaurants -- is right down the street. Water taxi access from Logan Airport is a big plus; it was a lovely relaxing way to arrive.

All of our meals were spectacular. We arranged for a private dinner one evening and also dined at Meritage. All the food brought in for our meetings was eye popping and delicious!

The hard work of our long days of meetings was made easier by being cared for in such style. We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business