“Charming Hotel & Excellent Service”

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed November 5, 2006

The Boston Harbor Hotel was unbelievably charming and had the most outstanding service we have ever experienced. The harbor side hotel room was gorgeous and eloquent with a great view of the harbor. When we first checked in we were able to watch several sail boats right from our room window. It was beautiful.
Faunal Hall was less than a $5.00 cab ride away and the restaurant choices are endless. The old saying "you get what you pay for" rings true when staying here. You may pay a little more, but it's worth it in service, style, comfort, and overall satisfaction. The staff goes beyond to make sure every need is met with complete sophistication and class.
We will DEFINATELY be back for a visit to Boston and our hotel of choice is hands down - the Boston Harbor Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bostontravelgirl2006
Write a ReviewReviews (1,994)

Reviewed October 19, 2006

I recently booked a small group at the Boston Harbor Hotel. I will admit that this particular group, although small in size, is extremely high maintenance and are generally a challenge to every hotel. There were many changes and special requests prior to arrival that required me to speak with hotel employees from several departments. My pre-arrival conversations and email correspondence were attended to timely and professionally but also with a refreshingly sincere friendliness.

Upon arrival I was prepared for some of the numerous requests to have fallen through the cracks but every single thing I had arranged was in place. Additionally, the staff in the various departments followed up with me personally during my stay to ensure their particular departments were responsive to our needs and even suggested things I had not yet considered (talk about anticipating your guests' needs!).

The hotel itself is lovely and located in an excellent location. The amenities are well above average and the restaurant alone is worth a flight to Boston, however, it was the warm reception each of my attendees received coupled with the consistent high level of service (from every single employee we encountered) that will have book ONLY at this hotel in Boston. Really an amazing experience.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank HighCom
Reviewed October 7, 2006

Recently had the pleasure of staying at the Boston Harbor Hotel, in a Harborview Suite. First off, there is the most amazing view of the harbor and environs - the boats, the birds flying, the skyline - it made greeting each morning so joyous.

The room itself was immaculate, with every amenity that one could ask for. Service was excellent - prompt and courteous. The pool and spa were beautiful and well equipped. Had a body polish treatment, and it was done with great professionalism and enthusiasm by Marta.

Did not find out until we were leaving for the airport, that they have town cars at the disposal of the guests, at no cost. Now that's a service very few hotels provide.

All in all, would highly recommend the Boston Harbor Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank CB90292
Reviewed October 4, 2006

We have stayed at this hotel three times in the last year and I am always thrilled with the hotel: thrilled with the location, the service, the harbor views and lovely ambience.

The first time we stayed here was October 2005 for about one week. From the moment we arrived I felt that the staff was genuinely concerned with our hapiness. Our two young children were given little stuffed animals upon check in and every one in the lobby remembered them whenever we went through. Joseph, one of the valets, asked us how we liked the cookies in our room upon arrival. When I mentioned they hadn't been there he sent up the cookies and milk for the kids along with a bottle of champagne for my husband and me.

The room was a good size (I believe we usually stay in a deluxe harbor front). There was a sitting area in additon to the sleeping area. I did not think the furniture was very dated and I thought the bathroom was fairly good (not the Four Seasons Maui but come on how many really are). The bed was very comfortable and housekeeping was excellent.

We ordered room service several times during each of our stays and it was always good.

The gym and pool at the spa are very nice, excellent really. The service here is great as well.

The thing about this hotel that just floors me every time is the service. The concierge is always great. They have arranged town cars at a moments notice, made and changed restaurant reservations without complaint and arranged fun outings to take the children on.

Every one at this hotel seems happy to be working there. I have stayed many times at Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons throughout the country and the service here is, in my opinion, just as good and seems to be genuine, not forced or required.

I am always surprised to read the poor reviews especially as we have had consistently good experiences over the year. We will be going back with our children this December to see the Nutcracker in Boston and I will be sure to update my review at that time.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank kiwikid
Reviewed September 23, 2006

The Boston Harbor Hotel is something else. If you ever want to know how the rich and famous get treated, go there. Of course, the rich and famous would probably feel more comfortable drinking their $5.00 bottles of water that were so fancy that they looked like perfume bottles. They were probably aware right away that we were not rich, after all, there were bottles of Dasani all over the room that we had purchased at the corner 7-11 for $1.00! I guess I should have tried one of theirs, just to see how good $5.00 water was.

Unfortunately we are home now. We went into the bedroom last night and the maid had forgotten to turn down our bed, replace the bedspread with the comforter and lay out our matching slippers and robes. The bedroom was a mess, no one had straightened our piles of stuff all day! The radio had not been turned on to the classical station, so there was no classical sound to make us feel like we were elite or anything. Sometimes you don’t notice what is being done until you miss it.

It always seems to be the small touches that are added that make a place really special. The attention to detail here is above and beyond the norm. And of course any hotel located on the water with a view this magnificent is one touch an island girl can already appreciate.

• Stayed: June 2003, traveled on business
1  Thank Islandcpa
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I found the hotel very comfortable and ideal as a venue for meetings and for access to other parts of the city.
The room was very spacious with a view over the harbour.
The price was reasonable considering the location and convenience.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2006

Got married on the Odyssey on Boston Harbor in Oct 2001, and was willing to spend the $650 nightly room fee to stay that night for the convenience, and in preparation for my honeymoon travels the next day. In the process of my wedding planning, I befriended the concierge, who was just wonderful!

Get this.....

When I arrived there prior to my wedding, the front desk informed me that the room had been upgraded as a courtesy....

I got the Presidential suite, along with an adjoing room at no extra charge! They really went out of their way to help make my wedding day the best day of my life. We even received a limo ride to the airport at no extra charge!

So for those of you thinking of getting married in the harbor area, definitely check it out!

• Stayed: October 2002, traveled as a couple