“Excellent location, beautiful views, lovely accomodations”

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Boston
MA
“Excellent location, beautiful views, lovely accomodations”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We just spent the weekend at the Boston Harbor Hotel, and loved every moment of it. The location is superb, as there is so much in walking distance. The North End, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, and even the Aquarium are right next door. The Aquarium T stop was also in the immediate vicinity, which made travel quite easy.

We walked all over, had lunch at the Union Oyster House, dinners in North End and also on Charles Street - just terrific!

The rooms are spacious and modern with lovely decor, the staff is friendly and helpful. Self parking on the premises is easy and far cheaper than valet, and there is a lower weekend rate.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank allover09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I stayed here for one night attending a business event (held at the hotel's Wharf Room overlooking Boston Harbor). My room was average size with traditional decor. It faced the city. The window opened (part-way) - the weather was gorgeous so I let the warm air in. The bed was large and comfortable - I want to buy their pillows! I also liked the bathrobes and slippers. The room had a DVD player, a flat screen TV, and a minibar, as well as a desk, a couple of chairs, and a small table. The bathroom was not large but comfortable with nice amenities.
I had room service twice - the food arrived on time and was reasonably priced and delicious. I had their crabmeat and avocado salad for dinner one night and crabmeat omelet the next morning. Everyone was friendly and polite. I wish I had enough time to try their spa.
One thing I did not like is that their gym closes at 9pm. I got back from my event and wanted to work out a bit before doing more work, but could not... I don't think the gym needs to stay open all night, but at least until 10pm would have been much more convenient.
I had a good stay and would return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank giulietta429
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Tremendous property overlooking Boston's waterfront - rooms have been recently renovated, luxurious beds and the usual amenities associated with a 4/5 star property. Staff is attentive; but, not overbearing.

On this trip we decided to use room service as much as possible and had previously eaten at this hotel's restaurants. Unfortunately, the quality of the room service food did not match the quality of the food delivered to your room. Food was often cold, stale bread and croutons in salads and side dishes, and overly ripe fruit. To the credit of the hotel they refunded all of our room service charges; but, there is a serious disconnect between the restaurants on the property and the ability to deliver an adequate product to one's room.

Spa service was above average when compared to similar properties.

All in all - one of the best in Boston if you're not using in-room dining...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank BostonTraveler99
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 14, 2010

This one of the three five star hotels in Boston and I really cannot fault the hotel. This time I got a suite looking over the ferry piers and out toward Logan. I just like the way that everything works, with plugs in the right place, tv remotes that work and the basics that even many five star hotels get wrong.

People very nice and quite frankly one of the few hotels that does what it is meant to do and does not leave you annoyed over one aspect or another. Excellent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank jolly999
London, England
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We stayed three nights in the Boston Harbor Hotel. We absolutely loved it, and it was our favourite of the three hotels we stayed in during our trip to Boston and New York. The staff were extremely helpful and the attention to detail was very good.

Our room was stunning. We had a harbour view room, which was well worth paying the supplement for as the view across the harbour towards the airport is spectacular, seen through floor-to-ceiling windows. The room was very big, with a large seating area in front of the window, and a separate dressing area, as well as a great bathroom with Penhaligon's toiletries. The turndown service always left us each a bottle of Fiji water.

One of our favourite features of the hotel was the breakfast. The serving staff were great, and couldn't do enough for you. For instance, one day I hadn't finished my orange juice and instead of leaving it, they gave it to me in a sealed plastic cup to take away, and filled the cup up to the top as a bonus! When we were leaving breakfast each day, they always offered us a coffee to take away. And the breakfast, which we had on an inclusive rate, was always too large to finish. On the Saturday, they offered a buffet-style breakfast, rather than a la carte, but the buffet offered a very varied selection and we liked it just as much.

We also loved the swimming pool and spa. Gym clothes are provided for you if required, and the pool is around 20m long, so ideal for swimming lengths. The spa had a calming atmosphere and I had a fantastic massage one day.

If we were to find (slight) fault with the hotel at all, it would be to point out that its location is not right in the centre of things. It's around a fifteen minute walk from the Freedom Trail, for example, and 5-10 minutes from the subway. But it's hardly out of town either, and there are plenty of taxis available.

We cannot wait to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank T&P&Co
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night to see the 2010 Winter Classic at Fenway Park. I got upgraded to a junior suite and couldn’t have been happier with the room. The room was very spacious and included a large bathroom, large bedroom, and separate sitting area with a desk. We arrived at the hotel on the morning of the Winter Classic and we were able to get a ride in the hotels car to the game at Fenway. The service at this hotel is definitely top notch as they are very much willing to cater to your every need. The bed was very large and comfortable and the room included 2 HDTV's which was great so that you could either watch TV in bed or in the separate sitting area. The hotel also had free wifi which is also an added bonus.

Overall, I was very pleased with my short stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again on my next visit. Preferably the next time I visit Boston the weather will be a bit warmer so that I can enjoy the harbor right outside of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris W
dc
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We generally stay in moderate or bargain places but decided to splurge during the holidays. We stayed one night on the way from DC to Maine and bought the family package with cocoa, aquirium tickets, and valet parking. The whole experience was great. The room had a great view of the harbor and was a short hike to the North End. The staff treated us very well. With parking and aquirium tickets the overall price was a good value. For once I didn't feel like a cheap Dad cutting corners, nor did I feel ripped off at a pretentious place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family