Boston Harbor Hotel
$332
$310
Agoda.com
2,029 results
All reviewsboston harborsea grillemeritage restaurantharbor view roomthe north endroom serviceturn down servicehealth clubwater taxibeautiful hotelin room diningfaneuil hallsitting areadeluxe roomquincy marketluxury hotelconcierge desk
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Boston was an awesome city to visit.
We stayed right on the harbour in a beautiful hotel called The Boston Harbor Hotel. I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff were welcoming and helpful, very courteous and friendly.
Our room was a deluxe oceanview room with an additional sitting area overlooking the harbour - it was spacious, beautifully furnished and well appointed and conveniently located.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lyngriff
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I chose this hotel because several reviews on this site recommended it as the best hotel in Boston. We had a room on the 10th floor with a city view. We passed across the dome to get to our room - definitely very unique! The carpeting and furniture in the room were all very fresh and new (sometimes even in luxury hotels furnishings tend to look a little tired). As other reviews have mentioned it was really nice that the room included packets of woolite and shout. The toiletries were very high quality. I only wish that the bathroom had a television in it.... The bathroom included a shower/bathtub combo. Bedding was comfortable and the turndown service was a nice touch.

We only stayed one night but we never saw another person in the hallway. We felt like we were the only guests... The hotel was extremely quite and personal. When checking in, the front guest staff seemed to know that it was me. I only gave my last name (an unusual one). They didn't ask me to repeat or spell it and found our reservation in seconds. When we went to the pool/spa and had to sign a waiver at the front desk and the man at the desk greeted me by name even though: 1) I have an unusual name; 2) he was looking at the waiver upside down; and 3) I hadn't written particularly legibly. I felt like wherever I went the staff knew who I was! It was almost a little creepy...

The spa had a steam room, sauna, several showers with toiletries, hairdryers, etc. It was a very nice spread and everything seemed to be thought of. Although I was very disappointed that the whirlpool was not working while I was there....

I was a little disappointed with the ground floor public spaces of the hotel. There was very little seating and lounges where you could sit and talk. Also, we parked in the hotel parking garage. They charge by the calendar day and not by the hour so our less than 24-hour stay cost $68 for parking ($34 per day).

This was my first time staying in Boston so I can't comment how this hotel compared to other Boston options - but I wasn't disappointed with it. It was extremely close to Quincy Marketplace! Only a couple blocks away!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank anfdiva25
Reviewed December 31, 2008

All the credit in the world to the outstanding staff at the Boston Harbor Hotel. We had booked a special promotional rate that included breakfast for just $250, and I've seen other promo rates here lately for as low as $232. That's how much a Holiday Inn in Boston goes for in the summertime, so if you're looking for a romantic urban weekend getaway then this is the place.

We were upgraded to a honeymoon suite, which was enormous, with a gorgeous view of the harbor. We were also delighted to find a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.

But what really made our stay was the truly outstanding service throughout the hotel. It seemed as if every single person working there knew that it was our wedding night and went out of their way to congratulate us, but without being obtrusive. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone - the doormen, the valets, the bellhops, the front desk staff, the waiters.

We wanted somewhere really special for our wedding night, and several people told me that the BHH is in a league of its own when it comes to 5-star hotels in Boston. They were right.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I booked the Boston Harbor Hotel the weekend I got married. I was the only bride that weekend (December is a great month to get married). The suite was on a corner of the building, offering panaramic views of the harbor. The spa was beautiful, the staff amazing, and the room out of this world.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2008

As we arrived the staff started out on a good foot. We were treated like family and it was the true difference of the trip. We were upgraded through the AMEX program, given complementary breakfast and an additional food voucher for 85$ for our stay. The room was absolutely perfect! Turn down service put the radio on classical music, dimmed the lights and left behind bed scents and sleeping scented balm. The hotel is perfectly located and is situated where you need to be to casually visit Boston. I highly recommend room 1041. It has a ledge where "Alfred" the Seagull will politely meet you every morning for breakfast. Oh, by the way he prefers toast and eggs :-). Thanks to the staff and servers of the hotel. You made our Xmas vacation well worth it!!!!!! KUDO'S...

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business