“My first visit to Boston & WOW!!!”

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was my first ever visit to Boston & I chose this hotel for the look for it & the great location since we were joining the cruise ship from Boston.

From the point when I first booked over the internet I knew I made the right choice, They offered me their limo service from Boston airport which was priced at $155 which seemed right & once I saw the car they sent & the service we received it seemed cheap at the price.

The hotel itself is right on the harbor itself which is a great location & as I had booked a harbor view room I was shocked when I saw I had a large balcony it was even better!!!

The room was made up of very top end items, beds & bedding, everything was 5 star!

The staff and service we both received was nothing short of perfect & even when we left they made sure we were not ripped off by a taxi driver over luggage charges! They made us feel like they were all there just for us!

We had breakfast there on the Sunday morning & it was a very good buffet breakfast but you could order items as well if you preferred.

All in all they made our short stay in Boston so great that we are already planning a return trip but this time for longer.

Room Tip: we had a harbour view on the corner on the 12th floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul_Short
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf and that our staff, location and accommodations made your stay 5-star worthy. It was certainly a treat for us to be able to create such a positive experience for you and we look forward to greeting you again during your next visit to Boston. Thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Boston Harbor Hotel

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at the Boston Harbor hotel this past weekend while visiting Boston for leisure with my boyfriend. We stayed in a harbor view room and spent a great deal of time watching the sail boats from our window. The room was beautifully decorated with gorgeous wood furnishings that resembled antiques (very appropriate for a historic city like Boston). The hotel's location is perfect! You're in the financial district and surrounded by lots of new delicious eateries, you're near Faneuil Hall and the other tourist attractions down town, and, you're also a ten minute walk from the North End where you can find tons of authentic italian restaurants. The bed in our room was great (I slept like a baby), and every night the housekeeping staff turns down your bed and brings you fruit and fiji water which was lovely. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kristan S

Your kind recommendation of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf is sincerely appreciated. Our staff is committed to taking care of our guests, so we are delighted that while on vacation in Boston, all you needed to do was relax. We would love to welcome you both back again soon and we thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel right on the harbor walk. It's an excellent location, just steps from the most delicious lobster rolls, just turn left out the front door. And steps from the whale watch boats. We felt special staying there, the staff was superb. The beds felt like heaven after a day of walking and sight seeing and we are very picky about our bed. The pillows, sheets, comforter are so luxurious. Very impressed with housekeeping who came in twice a day to clean then to turn down beds and put out slippers. Everyone was so helpful in giving us directions and suggesting what to do. This place made our 4 days even more enjoyable. We arrived at the hotel by water taxi which started our adventure in Boston in such a perfect way. I would definetly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flipperfluke

How wonderful that you were able to enjoy the convenience of the water taxi when arriving at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf! The personalized service you received from our staff is something they strive to provide to each and every guest and we are thrilled that your stay was made enjoyable because of it. We look forward to welcoming your return the next time you are in Boston. Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Boston Harbor this past weekend. We found it to be in an excellent location for touring the city. Our first day there we caught the end of the Red Sox World Series parade. It was just a few blocks from the hotel. The North end with all the great Italian restaurants, the Old North Church, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, and Paul Revere's house was a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Overall the hotel was great. The concierges were very helpful, the bell men and doormen were great and the use of the hotel's Cadillac SUV to get to and from restaurants was an enormous help. The room was very large, very well appointed with a great view of the city and very quiet. The only flaws were that the wi-Fi in our room was spotty, and the service in the bar was hit and miss. When we went in the bar the first night we sat at a table in full view of the bar. The bartender saw us but kept talking to people sitting at the bar. When one of the other patrons told her we were there she said she would go find a waitress. Why not take our order? The waitress showed up periodically. We had to track her down to get our check. Those are the only 2 things that set me off. At $400.00 plus per night I would have expected a little more, but I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We are happy to hear that your stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf afforded you easy access to many of Boston’s most popular attractions. It is however, disappointing to hear that the service levels you received did not match our high standards of customer service. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff as this type of feedback is very important to us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back and we hope that it is soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to get a weekend away from the kids to celebrate our 20th anniversary in style. I had always wanted to visit the Boston Harbor Hotel and am so glad I had the experience. After a great Red Sox game we checked into our hotel and were promptly upgraded to a center suite. We had a wonderful view of the ocean, king size bed, lovely sitting room and even had a doorbell for guests arrival. As we prepared for our dinner at the Meritage restaurant we were brought a bottle of champagne and house prepared chocolates with fruit. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this trip. The service was excellent, accommodations outstanding and please do yourself a favor and have dinner at Meritage. (and don't forget to have breakfast in bed the next morning...YUM!)

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a water view. Can't be beat!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BethPell

Happy Anniversary! We are thrilled that you and your husband had an opportunity to get away and experience the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. It’s always exciting to hear when our guests fully enjoy the breathtaking views from their accommodations and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your stay a memorable one. We hope you will return soon and we thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I spent four nights here on business and then the weekend. The location is very good for the financial centre and most of the historic sites are within a twenty minute walk.The highlight was the view of the harbour from my room which was really special. The room and bathroom were good although certainly not as large as those at the Four Seasons. The décor and furnishings are traditional. Wifi is free. I enjoyed a lunch and a dinner in the Sea Grille. I found the staff and, in particular, the concierge, helpful. Prices are reasonable for this level of quality.

Room Tip: A harbour view is essential
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf is the perfect place to stay. Our staff is committed to providing thoughtful care for our guests, and along with the outstanding views our guestrooms provide and our decadent dining options, you just can’t go wrong. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to greeting you again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Boston Harbor Hotel for our anniversary. We had a gorgeous view of the harbor and our room was spacious and beautiful. The bed was so comfortable that I slept as well as I do at home, which is saying a lot since I usually don't sleep well in hotels.
The location is fabulous although we had events planned which made cabs necessary at some points. The doorman was quick to get us a taxi and even knew our names and wished us a happy anniversary (that part was a little creepy, I have to admit!). We walked to the aquarium and along the water to the North End for dinner.
We had breakfast at the hotel the first morning and the buffet was delicious. The waitress brought us cappuccinos and I had a made-to-order omelette, which was part of the buffet. Pastries, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, bacon, sausage - lots to choose from and it was all good.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a special stay in Boston!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We are delighted to read that our staff provided exceptional service during your anniversary celebration weekend, and are pleased that you found occasion to appreciate the beautiful views from your room. The pleasure would be all ours to have you and your husband return for another great stay very soon and we thank you for your kind review of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf.