“Perfect location, great service”

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect location, great service”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I just spent two nights at the BHH as I was in Boston for a training class. The location is perfect. Walking distance to South Station on one side and the North End on the other.

The room was quite nice. Big pillows on the bed and a very clean room. I ordered room service for breakfast which was quite pricey, but the delivery was right on time and the food was very good.

I had a harbor view which was beautiful. The staff was very helpful and someone printed out a list of restaurants walking distance in the area for me to choose from. (I picked the North End for awesome Italian food.)

The hotel was generally quiet, except when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup as I could hear lots of celebrating in the streets, but after 39 years of waiting, that is understandable. :-) I was near the elevator and did not notice any noise from that.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
rgustin, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
It was an exciting time in Boston when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup! We are delighted you had the opportunity to stay with us and enjoyed your experience. Thank you for pointing out the convenient location of the Boston Harbor Hotel. We would love to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Probably the best level of service I've experienced - every member of staff was a fountain of knowledge. The hotel itself was immaculate and set in a perfect location. The only complaint I have was the level of noise from the housekeeping staff. Unfortunately, our room was right next to a supply closet and the maids were constantly slamming the door and crashing things around in there. We were told it would stop around 10pm, and it did quieten down a little, but there was still the occasional room-shaking crash through the night. We were offered another room but it was late and we didn't want to have to move at that point. Still, other than that one complaint, everything was great!

ps. didn't see a single dog!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
rgustin, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for the kind acknowledgment of our staff and service at the Boston Harbor Hotel. It is the top priority of entire hotel team to thoughtfully take care of our guests. We do regret that you experienced a noise disruption during your stay. Your feedback has provided us with the opportunity to better ensure that this does not happen to our guests going forward. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope to welcome your return in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We booked a weekend package to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The hotel delivered perfectly! The room was elegant and spacious with stunning views of the harbor. A lovely touch, the hotel delivered a complimentary bottle of champagne as a gift for his birthday. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, Meritage, where we were served by knowledgeable, attentive staff and provided with a diverse selection of scrumptious courses. Our package also included use of the hotel spa, the exercise facilities had adequate up to date machines, but the pool and jacuzzi area were a real treat with a large well designed pool and lounge area, endless supply of fluffy towels and lemon sliced water for a thirst quencher. An after dinner walk out the hotel doors and onto the waterfront boardwalk is also a treat. We could not think of a better destination to celebrate a special event.

Room Tip: The harbor view rooms have stunning views.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shaeranalli
rgustin, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
It was our pleasure to have you both here to celebrate your husband’s 50th birthday at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful highlights of your stay and the kind words regarding our staff. We hope to welcome you both back soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Beautiful old hotel but full of dogs! Had to call Front Desk at 8:00pm one night because the dogs across and down the hall were barking, yelping, and pounding on their door. Front Desk Mgr. & Security came and removed 2 dogs from the room. They offered no apology only the comment that the dogs were not suppose to be left unattended. Really? Guess the owners couldn't take the dogs with them on their nights out in Boston? What a surprise!

I am a dog lover and owner but found it totally unacceptable that at $465/per night before taxes (3 night stay), I had to be disturbed by barking dogs, move around dogs on the elevators, and wonder how clean the carpet and furnishing were in my room due to animals! There were also dirty dog bowls that were left in the hall each day.

This hotel is just too "Pet Friendly" for me! However, if you are looking for an expensive hotel that will board your animals, Boston Harbor Hotel is for the place for you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank artyis
rgustin, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Boston Harbor Hotel is a pet-friendly hotel, but sincerely regret that your stay was affected so negatively by their presence. We are disappointed that guests would leave their pets unattended which is against our policy and further regret how this affected your stay. With extremely strict and high regulations for housekeeping of all rooms, including those that allow pets, we assure you that the cleanliness of the accommodations exceed for most standards. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you experienced.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 16, 2011

It was a special occasion for my wife and I, from the time I made the reservation until we departed the experience was fantastic - the hotel location is perfect, walking distance to just about everything or a short taxi ride for those who don't like to walk. The hotel is also beautiful, well maintained, the staff is very friendly and looking to take care of you

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are the best, amazing view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Boston Harbor Hotel for your special occasion with your wife. We are delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We hope to welcome you again to the Boston Harbor Hotel.
Revere, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My children gave me a weekend stay in your luxurious hotel as a 75th birthday gift. From the moment i stepped into the parking space I felt taken care of; the men who greeted me were warm and friendly; the desk staff were exceptionally courteous; my room was incredible with ocean views that were breath taking and waiting for me a complimentary bottle of champagne and desserts with my name on it. I felt loved, special, spoiled and pampered. Every staff member was kind, attentive and helpful! Thank you for making my 75th birthday a very special occasion. I had never stayed in such luxury and was a bit nervous but once there I did not want to leave.

Room Tip: Call in advance; explain your wishes in detail.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Congratulations on your 75th birthday! We were touched to hear how wonderful your time was with us at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Everyone deserves to be pampered and spoiled once in awhile and we’re just thrilled to be able to do that for you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Boston Harbor Hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Tooootally overrated!!

Maybe they treat conference guests different than others but I didn't have a fantastic experience here- contrary to most reviewers. My husband and I got in late Tuesday night for a stay through Saturday. First impression was a total wow. Everyone was really nice. We didn't get the waterfront view- but the view of the city was nice. The room looked really nice-very colonial- beds turned down when we got in the room. It wasn't until daylight though that I started noticing the "scratches and dents" so to speak.

First, the bathroom was not great. The shower was horrible. There was barely any water pressure. The toilet made a weird beeping sound- intermittently. I couldn't tell what exactly would set it off but every so often it would just start chirping. Our room was very small so you could barely open the door without hitting the corner the closet was built into. Room service could barely get a cart through. I practically walked into it several times coming into the room. The last really terrible part about the place is the walls are paper thin!!!! I could hear everything and we were right next to the elevator so that's all I could ever hear- especially in the morning. It was sooooo annoying- especially when I wanted to sleep in late on Saturday. Oh also- there was construction or something going on and without warning when I walked out the back door I got sprayed over my head by the guy washing windows. Not cool.

The hotel is actually in a very good location. Close to Quincy Market/Fanueil Hall, T stops, the New England Aquarium and a short-ish walk to Little Italy.

The "service" and employees are great but you sure do pay for it. It's like my husband says- the price of the hotel is really just for the service. It wasn't a spectacular facility. It felt very old. Everyone was nice up until check out. Once I got home I realized there was an extra breakfast charge on our room. The guy I spoke with on the phone at the front desk was very terse and treated me like a peasant. Never going back!

Room Tip: Make sure the room is not near the elevator
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Anjellybean78
rgustin, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2011
We appreciate that you have shared your thoughts here and on another review site. We strive to create the best possible experience for our guests so it was disappointing to learn that the accommodations did not meet your expectations. We encourage our guests to share their concerns during their stay so that we may address them immediately and create the experience they come to expect of the Boston Harbor Hotel. Thank you for the kind acknowledgment of our staff and sharing your thoughts.