“Small Rooms But Large Value”
Review of Chandler Inn

Chandler Inn
Ranked #68 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Daly City, California
“Small Rooms But Large Value”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

My boyfriend and I were looking for a low cost hotel in the Back Bay close to nightlife and attractions. The Chandler Inn fit the bill. We were both a little skeptical because it used to have a poor reputation as a flop house. After visiting the hotels website, however, we decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms have been remodeled and are clean while the bed provided a comfortable place to rest. The only drawback is that the rooms are on the small side, but given it is Boston it was not too surprising. The clerks at the hotel were also very accomodating and allowed us to have a late check out.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
UK
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. We booked the boutique room but having stayed if I were to stay again I'd probably go with the budget room. Seems like they have the same facilities just not the lick of paint. The room was perfectly fine and the shower was great. Although there was a free coffee machine in the lobby we really missed having this in the room, it was inconvenient to head downstairs. There was also nowhere to get drinking water. This hotel really is in a fab location though, 5 minutes walk to back bay station. All in all a good hotel, I would've been more satisfied had I paid the lower rate for the budget room however as I think it was a little pricey considering the lack of facilities.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Honestly, I was not looking forward to staying there. You see I had been a guest in the old Chandler Inn and felt it was a glorified motel. After performing my show in Hartford Ct. then loading props and sets and driving to Boston, we made it to The Chandler at around 2AM. Imagine my surprise when I found this totally hip urban reno of a room. Perfect for the 2 of us. They had storage, unlike most Boutique Hotels, enough for our Keyboard and equipment. AND wonder of wonder miracle of miracles EXCELLENT FREE COFFFE in the morning. Love love loved the staff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I was in town doing a show with Lea DeLaria at Club Cafe and we rolled in super late the night before. These peeps did everything to make our stay great. We were welcomed at 1am and taken care of beautifully for the two nights we were there. The rooms are beautifully renovated and everything was spotless. There's a sweet little club in the hotel too.

I don't have a single complaint and would rec'd the place to anyone who asked.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Chandler Inn in the past and have been very satisfied. When I lived in Boston I always enjoyed going to Fritz's, the bar/restaurant for Sunday brunch and socializing. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. Special requests handled promptly (e.g. for extra hangers, an iron and ironing board). The renovated rooms are lovely.
My only disappointment was that there was no bathtub. In my room, anyway, there certainly seemed to be enough room to include a bathtub in the space where the shower was. But the shower was very nice and roomy. And the coffee/tea/hot chocolate maker in the lobby--heaven!! You must try a chocaccino!
I would certainly stay at the Chandler again, and recommend it to my friends. I give it four and a half stars out of five. Mike D.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Never been to Boston and this was a last-minute trip. I booked this hotel because the price was very reasonable considering where it is located. It was a 5-minute away from Copley Place where I needed to go. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The room is clean and nice for a single traveler. It is pretty quite at night. 7-Eleven is 2 minute walk from the hotel and convenient. Very safe area. Nothing to complain.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2010

clean, fairly stylish hotel in an incredible location for an unbeatable price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo