1) Location Location Location
3) Friendly staff
1) Lack of breakfast options during the week
2) All the rooms are not remodeled
3) Small TV
4) Small bathroom sinks
If you have looked for a hotel in downtown boston, you will have a sticker shock of $250+ night rooms. The Chandler Inn is very convenent location and a great price. The subway is 2 blooks away and you are about 6 blocks from Newbery street. 6 blocks sounds like a lot, but in Boston the blocks are not that big.
There are 2 sets of rooms. Ones that have been totally remodeled,and ones that have been 1/2 remodeled. The remodeled rooms are chic and cool. The 1/2 remodeled are more of a historic hotel feel. Both rooms have very confortable beds. The TV was a 19" flat screen, and the bathroom sink was so small you really could only keep a tiny bar of soap on the sink. There was really no room to put tootbrush on the sink or on a shelf.
If you are looking for a resort hotel, this is NOT it. I was in town to visit friends and site see, so I was not in the room that much. My only big issue with the Chandler Inn was they have coffee in the morning, but not much else. The neighborhood does not have breakfast options near by during the week. The bar that is in the hotel has a great breakfast, but it is only on the weekends. Now there are a LOT of cool dinner options a few blocks to the left and right of the hotel.
Overall, if you want to stay in town and be close to the subway and close to cool dinner options and most importantly do not want to pay your house mortgage to say for a weekend, the Chandler Inn is the spot for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chandler Inn is a small European style Boutique Hotel located in Boston's hip and historic South End. Featuring 56 renovated Boutique Guest rooms designed to be both chic and comfortable by two of Boston's hottest interior designers. Complimentary wifi is available in every guest room.Located on Charming Chandler Street in Boston's South End, surrounded by beautiful tree lined streets, brick sidewalks and historic Brownstones. Within walking distance of Newbury Street, Tremont Street's Restaurant Row, Copley Square, numerous restaurants, shops, business centers and attractions.The Chandler Inn Hotel is staffed 24 hours a day with friendly, knowledgeable personnel. In addition, The Chandler Inn Hotel offers an online Concierge AP designed by Toursphere,featuring nearby restaurants, self guided walking tours, maps and shopping information to enhance your visit to Boston. The Chandler Inn Hotel makes the ideal home base for your next visit to Boston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TravelClick, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chandler Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chandler Hotel Boston