“Delicious, cozy little spot!”
Review of Volle Nolle

Volle Nolle
Ranked #810 of 3,230 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Neighborhood: North End
Description: Volle Nolle
Boston, MA
“Delicious, cozy little spot!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised to stumble upon this cozy little spot. It looked so inviting from outside we couldn't help but go inside to check it out. It was warm, comfortable and rustic. The waitstaff were welcoming and very knowledgeable about the menu. Also gave us great wine recommendations. I loved that they suggested sampling the wine before deciding on which to order. Everything was fresh and delicious. The roasted grapes on the cheese board were my favorite! If you are in the mood for tapas-this is the place to go!

Vancouver, Canada
“Great, fresh food and excellent service”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We wanted desperately to try cannolis so we headed to Hanover St. A yelp review suggested this was a good sandwich place which was kid-friendly. Imagine my surprise when there did not appear a single sandwich on the menu! And the restaurant was dim and candle-lit having a "date" feel. Nevertheless we stayed and so glad we did. My very picky 8yr old loved the baked ziti with meatball (we shared and were both stuffed), and my hubby enjoyed the lemon chicken with asparagus. Flavours were fresh and service was excellent. The owner(I'm guessing), was indeed very kid- friendl gave us tips on where to go for the best cannoli (Mary's), and gelato and suggested we eat our treats at North End parks by the fountains.
Really enjoyed it despite the wrong category on yelp.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank YDWestcoast_fan
Boston
“NORTH END JEM-GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

One of my North End favorites. They have great salads, outstanding soups, and sandwiches(paninis) They also have a pleasant staff. Everything is made to order and only the best ingredients are used. They do serve wine at night.

Visited May 2013
Peoria, Arizona
“Great first impression of the North End”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After a log day of flying cross country, my husband and I settled into our rental home and walked to the main street of the North End in search of a bite to eat. It was 10:30 at night. Two local women steered us towards Volle Nolle and were we glad they did. The waiter welcomed us and was happy to explain the different types of sandwiches on the menu. I chose the Cuban sandwich and my husband chose the veal pastrami sandwich. Mine came fresh and hot on a deliciously grilled roll. The pork was piled high and the added pickles and cheese made the sandwich very tasty. My husband commented on how I gobbled it up! His sandwich was very tasty. We had never tried veal pastrami and it was smoky and delicious. The only complaint I have is that the bar had a small sign stating a special of squash soup and grilled cheese. I would have ordered that had I known. The waiter failed to tell us about it. The sign was small and hidden from our view. However, overall, I highly recommend this place!

• Visited October 2012
Libertyville, Illinois
“Over-hyped average sandwich place”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Made a point to stop in while visiting Boston based on reviews and word-of-mouth. Had the chicken Milanese and girlfriend had the Cubano. The Cubano was meaty & good whereas the highlight of the Milanese was the bread, the rest of the sandwich was like a chicken nugget with a leaf of lettuce and tasted like somthing from my high school cafeteria. The chocolate chip cookie we had was good. Service was typical for an Italian sandwich shop, which is to say you're on your own once the food comes out. Good luck if you need anything. If you crave a hip setting but with great panini and warm service, try driving a few hours to Duckfat in Portland, Maine. However, if you happen to be on foot along the Freedom Trail and need provisions, this is probably as good a choice as any of the other hundred Italian places on Hanover St. in the North End.