“One of my all time best sandwiches” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Boise, ID
“One of my all time best sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

First off, Sam Lagrassa's is only open M-F from 11am - 3.30pm, which totally sucks for those visiting over the weekend or those unable to get into downtown Boston on a weekday. That said I made it down there on a Monday. I got there a little before they opened and waited inside for them to start serving. I ordered up the Chipotle Grilled Pastrami. It was amazing. Incredible bread that was flattened on the Italian style grill press. Loads and loads of thick juicy Pastrami. Great coleslaw and swiss cheese. And the most amazing chipotle flavored sweet mustard. Wow it was one of my all time best sandwiches of my life. I loved it so much I came back again and ordered the same thing on Friday. The one on Friday wasn't as good but that was only because it had less of the mustard, I recommend asking for a little more if you love the flavor. All around great place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DasBoots

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Antonio, TX
“Loved It, Delicious, Chunky Sandwiches, Gourmet in Every Bite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

It's so good, they only need to be open from 11am to 3:30pm M-F to make the rent and then some. We arrived at 11am and there was already a line and tons of food already prepared for delivery. I'm from Texas and I'm partial to beef (New England prefers seafood) and Sam's roast beef was the best I've ever had in a sandwich. I loved the sandwich. There is alot of love that goes into the food and preparation and they are proud of what they serve. This truly is the best sandwich on the planet.

Texas
“Good Ole Boston Sandwich Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

Went here for a late lunch on a Friday. Ordered the pastrami and corned beef special sandwich. The sandwich was in terms of bread size was not very big, but it is stuffed and packed with pastrami, corned beef, and cole slaw on rye bread. It did not disappoint...the sandwich literally melted in my mouth. The sandwiches cost around $9-10. Each sandwich comes with 2 very green pickles. Kind of expensive for me since I'm from the South, but pretty good value for Boston.

The place is your small, local sandwich shop. Seating is limited, so be prepared to wait during the lunch rush hour, as I'm sure this place is packed then. Be sure to go there on weekdays, as they are closed on weekends. The place is not far from the freedom trail. It's near the Old South Meeting House, not far from Borders and H&M.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Beamsville Ont Can
“Do not miss this lunch spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

We knew we had chosen a great spot to eat lunch when we saw the crowd happily enjoying the sandwiches in this restaurant! We entered and were immediately impressed with the fresh meats and wide variety of sandwich choices...we asked the girl who met us at the door what their specialty was and she suggested we try the Reuben or Pastrami. We ordered and she was so right...the best sandwiches ever!The fries were crisp and just right. There are so many sandwich choices, everyone could eat there for a month and never order the same thing! They are very concerned with making the best sandwich for you and you definitely get value for your money.. Try to be there before noon as the lineups start around then. Truly a fantastic lunch spot in downtown Boston!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good pastrami sandwich but expectations were sky high. Will give it another try.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009