“Best sandwiches period”

Cuisines: Deli, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have friends from Boston that placed on my list. Thank you. Weekdays only. No exaggeration the pastrami is the best ever and likely others too. Make time to eat here. If you get fries likely will not finish all. Haha.

2  Thank Tom F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Sam LaGrassa's certainly knows how to make a great pastrami sandwich! The Rumanian pastrami was excellent on my Pastrami Po' Boy! Every member of our group was satisfied from the freshness of ingredients, the friendly and knowledgeable staff, and the reasonable prices. The only thing I would say is that my friend ordered a grilled chicken and roasted vegetable and was not as impressed.

I would recommend this place for a good sandwich at a reasonable price. I still think that Kelly's Roast Beef is a must for the greater Boston area. With that said, if you are in the financial district, or looking for something different for sandwiches, you can't go wrong with Sam LaGrassa's! I will certainly be back!

1  Thank sonessimo
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Sam LaGrassa is a family owned business and their sandwiches are out of this world! You can eat there or take out. The Pastrami Traveler is like nothing you've ever had...simply superb. If you go at noon the line is long but the friendly, efficient staff keeps it moving and their sandwiches are worth the wait.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

After reading all of the great reviews, I had to stop in and try it. I got there about 11:30 and there was no line and plenty of seating, perhaps because it was 12 degrees F outside. The Chipotle Pastrami was big, rich and delicious. I also had a very tasty cup of clam chowder. They move the people through very efficiently. People were willing to share their tables so don't hesitate to ask if you see an open seat.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

On our annual visit to Boston we stayed at the Omni Parker House Hotel and directly round the corner is Sam LaGrassa's, what a find, the best sandwich in Boston, but be wary of their opening times, Mon-Friday 11am-3.30, not open weekends. Still worth the money and worth the wait.
Ordered the Chipotle Pastrami grilled bread sandwich, which had a nice spice kick to it, with a side of Coleslaw, the best....
Now have to wait 12 months till our next visit.

1  Thank Barrowbuoy

Been to Sam LaGrassa's? Share your experiences!