“Pastries to die for!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Not the most well known bakery in the North End-but certainly one of the best! From sandwiches, breads and pastries, delicious!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Amazing selection of authentic Italian pasteries. We swore we were only going to have 1. Could not choose between the many selections and finally settled on 3 which we took with us back to our hotel to enjoy later. Each was flaky, light, creamy and delicious. No long line up like some of the other bakeries in the North End, but every bit as delicious!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I haven't been here in a few decades, but I had three hours before My flight back home. Anyhow, got off the gov center station, walked maybe less than a mile and there was heaven. It's heaven to be in the north end, but this is the cherry on top.
Got great cookies, excellent cannoli , and this peanut butter chocolate bar concoction. I wish I bought more. My daughter and husband raved about it.
Other pastries looked just as good or better, but the deli section. Yikes.
I'll definitely be trotting bAck here. Friendly service!
Btw, the gov ctr station is now closed for about two years, but there's other ways to get there if it's a long layover!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I would think nothing of throwing one of the kids in the car and zipping down 93 ti Bova's at 10 o'clock at night. The are always open, so you cant go wrong.
Creme Brulee, Lobster tails, Tiramisu, Red devil's food cake moon pies, calzones galore!
Anything you get will be sure to please. Parking is next to impossible, but who wouldn't love a quick walk through the North End where garlic and olive oil permeates the air.
ALWAYS worth the trip.

1  Thank MCCSD22
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ten years ago I met some of the Bova family on a bus tour through Italy in 2004. They invited us to visit their bakery in Boston the next time we were in town. Well, it took a long time but my wife and I finally made it and it blew us away. Other reviews say that you haven't tried a cannoli until you try one from Bova's and that couldn't be more true...Wow! Amazing Cannoli. I will spend the rest of my life eating cannolis saying, ehh, not as good as Bova's.

2  Thank robertryan08