“Not to Europeans taste”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sorry for this review, but Europeans would't enjoy! It's not worth the calories. But for Americans should be good - a lot of people buying so they should enjoy :) I mean its fresh and nothing bad about it! Try it.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

While staying in the North End, we found out that Bova's is open 24 hours! Oh Joy! We went in every evening and picked out our evening dessert snack and our breakfast treat for the next morning! The lines were so so long at Mikes and Modern that we never even went there. I loved the hard working family members at the counter and I loved the happy, friendly vibe. We tried something different every day. My kids loved picking out what cookies they would have and they sell milk there also. The best memory of Bova's was after our Red Sox game. We came home to our rental and did not want to go in so we walked down to Bova's and it was packed at midnight. We stood out front eating our cookies and milk and I will never forget what a wonderful evening that was.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

A perfect North End bakery. We tried 5 of the small bites and found all to be fresh and tasty. The friendly staff offered tastes and thank us upon leaving.

1  Thank CaptDoug
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went there for dessert, after a wonderful seafood meal next door. Tried the whipped cream puffs, canoli and a mascarpone filled small "scaly" pastry. Managed to swallow the first bite of the puff, which tasted like medicated dream whip. Then straight to the garbage. Everything else followed pretty fast: canoli, which were filled with a sort of day old pseudo-ricotta mush and the other pastry, which looked like their famous "horn", but smaller, and was supposedly stuffed with mascarpone, but tasted like pesticide! I have never had anything sweet that bad in my life. Pastry and creams that tasted like medicine?! No wonder, they are open 24 hours and probably sell best very late at night, to people hungry and drunk enough not to make the difference between an olive and a date! Never again.

1  Thank Raja E
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Why this isn't number one confuses me. Located in Boston's North End, a little unassuming shop on the corner of a highly trafficked area. Flat out the best D#%* tiaramasu anywhere,and that includes Italy,( I've had it there to)and comes available in different sizes. They lobster claws are ridiculous, imagine a pastry the size of your head, now smile and take a bite. They provide a tasty assortment of food from pastry to pizza to arancini(rice balls)! Go. There. Now.

Been to Bova's Bakery? Share your experiences!